IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home) Saturday January 20th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, plaidharper said:

What did Vlasic OR Bolaise do today to keep Lookman out of the squad? 

My list of wingers in order from best to worst goes:

Walcott

Vlasic

Lookman

Lennon (higher if against a decent side)

Every other first team player (bar Martina)

Every other U23 player (including U18, 16s etc)

Every member of the coaching staff

The tea lady

Mohsiri's nan

Martina

Rooney's granny hoooker

Bolasie

What a disappointment that was. The starting 11 looked strong (although I forgot about Davies!), we were at home and we were against a bang average side.

Unfortunately we are equally as bang average.

I dont think I can hand on heart say that anyone was good. McCarthy was my clear MOTM before he get injured and Pickford did we he had to do but after that its a group of players either not good enough or not involved enough.

Walcott showed glimpses of quality but we didn't seriously get him involved in the game, Sigurdsson got better as the game went on but again just doesnt see enough of the ball in the final third, and why on earth Vlasic was replaced by Bolasie is anyone's guess.

I don't see Tosun as an improvement on what we had at this stage. He is still settling in so he will need time but I just expected a little more quality. He works hard though.

Schneiderlin wasnt very good IMO. He was just a bit meh, not really defending well enough, not doing anything going forward either. He just lacks fight.

It was a bit of a shambles at the back all game. Williams was the best of the bunch, but Holgate was nervy (he did a lot of good stuff too, but some really rookie stuff more often), Martina may as well have not been playing and Kenny was poor too.

Today I thought we looked defensively weak and that was not an improvement on what we were experiencing earlier in the season.

We're buying players to counteract our weaknesses in the side.

We should be buying players to stamp a style of football into our side.

We are club that keeps on reacting to situations on the pitch. If we had a playing philosophy from the outset yhen we wouldn't be in this predicament.

42 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

2 strikers. You have to play 2 strikers.

Agree.  Have to.  Must.  We need movement, attack, shots.  So, 5 attackers.  Which means 1 DCM and mostly 4-1-3-2 with 2 actual wingers and 2 actual strikers.

However, I’d prefer 3-2-3-2.  Drop Martina, play 3 of Keane, Jagielka, Williams, Holgate, even Kenny as back 3.  (No matter which 3, they aren’t playing well, but there are no good options, so pick the least bad option from match to match.)  Rooney as deep lying playmaker with Schneiderlin or Gana.  Rooney off at 60 minutes, replaced by Davies whether leading or behind.  (Or sometimes Davies starts, also deep lying, with Rooney on early second half for the DCM if behind.)  Walcott always starting, with Vlasic/Bolassie/Lookman on left.  Sigurdsson as #10.  Two of Tosun, Niasse, DCL up front.

Do not sell or loan Niasse.

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just need a manager who wants to play football think we've got the players who are capable.

Agreed. Todays tactical setup was, as I see it, totally unacceptable. Nothing good or exiting will come from <insert word> Sam.

We're going through tough times indeed. There should be more pressure on the top of the club really, because all the crap we see now comes from there.

48 minutes ago, yamar said:

We're buying players to counteract our weaknesses in the side.

We should be buying players to stamp a style of football into our sidhpe.

We are club that keeps on reacting to situations on the pitch. If we had a playing philosophy from the outset yhen we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Bring back Martinez he had the science.

Ffs we are Everton. Whats all the bullshit about wanting failed managers back in?

Martinez lost the plot and got fired, koeman did and got fired, unsworth wasn't good enough, allardyce is a dinosaur. 

Let's worry about getting the right manager in. Did Liverpool start wishing Rogers back after dalglish? No... get the best option for the next appointment not one that wasn't good enough before. 

7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ffs we are Everton. Whats all the bullshit about wanting failed managers back in?

Martinez lost the plot and got fired, koeman did and got fired, unsworth wasn't good enough, allardyce is a dinosaur. 

Let's worry about getting the right manager in. Did Liverpool start wishing Rogers back after dalglish? No... get the best option for the next appointment not one that wasn't good enough before. 

i don't think people really want martinez back, just saying he got a lot of flack that was unwarranted compared to the shite being served up this season.

Silva doesn't look to be the answer either, bad run of form for watford, i think he will be gone in the summer.