IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

If we sell McCarthy, besic and Morgan that’s potentially £30 million? Morgan I would have thought would be on similar wages to Delph? Marcel has stated he wouldn’t invest heavily on players older than 26/27 so eight million for a 29 year old international is a no brainer for me 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ha amazing. I should've known what was to come after we signed Lossl!

I jest. I think we'll do some good business, but as of now I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Underwhelmed being the word, I don’t really know were we are going with the Delph signing at this point in time, unless Gana is pretty much a done deal and Silva is looking to tweak the system. 

If we get Costa I can see that working he will add a bit of steel and fear to our front line and add much needed goals, and if he becomes successful it will send a message out to other big names that Everton is a place where you can flourish and enjoy your football and earn decent money, he’s the sort of name that could open the gates for better to follow. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Underwhelmed being the word, I don’t really know were we are going with the Delph signing at this point in time, unless Gana is pretty much a done deal and Silva is looking to tweak the system. 

If we get Costa I can see that working he will add a bit of steel and fear to our front line and add much needed goals, and if he becomes successful it will send a message out to other big names that Everton is a place where you can flourish and enjoy your football and earn decent money, he’s the sort of name that could open the gates for better to follow. 

I'm fully expecting Welbeck to be the next one to rock up.

IN: Lossl, Gomes
OUT: Vlasic, Galloway
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Kenny, Sandro, Adedoyin, Dowell, JVirginia, Garbutt, Tarashaj
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen, Nicolas Hansen, Kieran Phillips, Korede Adedoyin, Mackenzie Hunt
CONTRACT EXT: Davies, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Baines, Mampala

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Jags(SheffieldUtd), A Williams, Lavery(Linfield), Hewelt(Meidz Legnica), JHilton(Blackburn), Charsley, Mathis(Rodez), Kiersey(Walsall), Bramall, Renshaw

Out of contract: Sambou

Robinson £2 mill

pennington £3-4 

martina £1 mill

mccarthy £10 mill

bolaise £7-8 

niasse £5-8 mill

besic £5 mill

mirrallas £3 mill

That could be nearly £40 mill generated for a striker on players that were hardly or never involved in the first team squad.

I would expect offers or enquires for

lookman £25 mill

morgan £12 mill

tosun loan or £12-15 mill

gana £45 mill

obvs decisions would have to be made who we sell and money reinvested in replacements. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I thought McCarthy looked pretty solid at the weekend. Better than I expected given we havent see him since the injury. I wouldnt rule him out completely yet.

I don't know why our fans are so keen to get rid of him. In his brief cameo when he broke his leg he was head and shoulders above the dross that had been served up from Schneiderlin and Gana. His work rate alone put most the team to shame. A broken leg shouldn't affect his game too much. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I thought McCarthy looked pretty solid at the weekend. Better than I expected given we havent see him since the injury. I wouldnt rule him out completely yet.

Solid against poor opponents, average against good sides.

Made his injury worse by choosing to play for Ireland when warned not to.

He does not want to be here as he wants first team football, we cannot guarantee this, he is third/ fourth choice.

His time here is done.

On to better players.

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He does not want to be here as he wants first team football, we cannot guarantee this, he is third/ fourth choice.

His time here is done.

On to better players.

Yep his own oworst enemy. Theoretically he's ruined his career. 

28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I don't know why our fans are so keen to get rid of him. In his brief cameo when he broke his leg he was head and shoulders above the dross that had been served up from Schneiderlin and Gana. His work rate alone put most the team to shame. A broken leg shouldn't affect his game too much. 

Because that’s all he is. “ a brief cameo”. He is never fit. Interesting to see you point out his work rate but then deride gana for the same attributes 

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Because that’s all he is. “ a brief cameo”. He is never fit. Interesting to see you point out his work rate but then deride gana for the same attributes 

He was the first name on the team sheet before his injuries. 

He literally broke a leg getting back to put in a tackle. You'll see Gana half arsedly jogging back for many of our goals. 

The myth Gana is a hard worker baffles me. He's naturally fit and athletic so he's quick and covers a lot of ground but when push comes to shove he doesn't bust a gut. Little toe rag even has a noticeable difference since PSG coming in for him. He's now trying harder to get his move. We already improved his contract to £70k a week and that wasn't enough to motivate him. 

24 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

And u will probably see him breaking up play and setting attacks up which leads to us scoring a load of times. What does McCarthy breaking a leg in one isolated tackle make an argument of gana? Does that make David buust better than van Djyk because he broke his leg?

You describing McCarthy because that's what he got credit for. Only thing you ever hear about Gana are his tackles and ground covered (Gomes covers just as much, Barry covered more). Yet a rusty McCarthy worked noticeably harder, one thing being putting in proper tackles and not just the putting a foot in it you get him Gana, McCarthy has conviction and bags of it. It was embarrassing as it just showed how lackadaisical our mercenaries were being. 

It's not just one isolated tackle though. The point isn't he broke his leg. The point is he's willing to run through a brick wall for us. Whereas Gana has took the piss out of us picking up his work rate once PSG start eyeing him. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

His time here is done.

On to better players.

Solid as no better or worse than the other central midfielders that played on Sunday. Im sure they all want first team football too. Schneiderlin was 3rd/4th choice at one point too. 

I dont know what you mean by the 2nd paragraph if its in relation to his leg break. 

I fully accept that his time here is likely to be at an end, but Seamus has said he is back to his best, and any side that signs him and keeps him fit will have a good footballer in their ranks. 

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Solid as no better or worse than the other central midfielders that played on Sunday. Im sure they all want first team football too. Schneiderlin was 3rd/4th choice at one point too. 

I dont know what you mean by the 2nd paragraph if its in relation to his leg break. 

I fully accept that his time here is likely to be at an end, but Seamus has said he is back to his best, and any side that signs him and keeps him fit will have a good footballer in their ranks. 

He messed up his hamstring recovery by reporting for Ireland duty, which led to his hamstring injury not recovering properly, which made them even more likely to be damaged, which is why he cant play more than about 4 games without taking a break to let them recover.