IGNORED

Yerry Mina

Lampard might be different from the rest of their managers, but Azpilicueta, Luiz, Rudiger, Christianson and Cahill have all been viewed as better players than him. He might be sick if that himself by now. 

I don’t see them playing him, Rudiger plays if he’s fit and one other but I don’t think it’ll be Zouma. I think we’re 50/50. 

I also can’t spell any Chelsea players names. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Lampard might be different from the rest of their managers, but Azpilicueta, Luiz, Rudiger, Christianson and Cahill have all been viewed as better players than him. He might be sick if that himself by now. 

I don’t see them playing him, Rudiger plays if he’s fit and one other but I don’t think it’ll be Zouma. I think we’re 50/50. 

I keep saying it over and over, Zouma is the best CB they have.  Rudiger next and then Luiz and christensen.  Cahill is gone.  Any decent manager would keep zouma.  No way he comes here

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I keep saying it over and over, Zouma is the best CB they have.  Rudiger next and then Luiz and christensen.  Cahill is gone.  Any decent manager would keep zouma.  No way he comes here

I certainly wouldn’t rule out him coming here. Seems like he wants a transfer if he’s not seen as a starter at Chelsea and I don’t think there’s a whole heap separating him, Rudiger, Luiz and Christensen. 

2 minutes ago, Vranny said:

I certainly wouldn’t rule out him coming here. Seems like he wants a transfer if he’s not seen as a starter at Chelsea and I don’t think there’s a whole heap separating him, Rudiger, Luiz and Christensen. 

Hasn’t Rudiger got an injury that could keep him out for a couple of months? 

Also Luiz is past his sell by date I just can’t see any manager with an ounce of sense letting  him go at this stage, unless of course we offer the sort of money they cannot refuse. 

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

You keep saying it, but some of the worlds best managers have disagreed. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

You keep saying it, but some of the worlds best managers have disagreed. 

He hadn't grown into this level until this year with us, Sarri was right to loan him because of that and because he doesn't play "Sarri Style" CB.  Lampard is not Sarri, his style can utilize the frenchmen and i think he will.  He proved with us he can be a top CB.  This next year he could grow even more given the steady game time in a good team (ie not Stoke).

On 01/07/2019 at 23:23, StevO said:

I expect they will probably want 4, (maybe 5 CBs given the number of competitions). If they have 5 "first team" CBs for 2 spots (which presumes 4 at the back) then I think it would cause a lot of headaches for Lampard. He may not see Azpilicueta as a CB though.

If Azpilicueta is seen as a CB then I think its more likely than not that one of him and Christianson will leave.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I expect they will probably want 4, (maybe 5 CBs given the number of competitions). If they have 5 "first team" CBs for 2 spots (which presumes 4 at the back) then I think it would cause a lot of headaches for Lampard. He may not see Azpilicueta as a CB though.

If Azpilicueta is seen as a CB then I think its more likely than not that one of him and Christianson will leave.

Lampard and the Chelsea coaches would have seen he was solid last season, I think Luiz could be the week link out of there CBs, he was poor last season constantly getting caught up field without the pace or stamina to get back, he’s losing his ability and he’s the wrong side of 30, I hope I’m wrong and we get Zouma if not this window then Jans. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Lampard and the Chelsea coaches would have seen he was solid last season, I think Luiz could be the week link out of there CBs, he was poor last season constantly getting caught up field without the pace or stamina to get back, he’s losing his ability and he’s the wrong side of 30, I hope I’m wrong and we get Zouma if not this window then Jans. 

I completely agree, wouldnt have Luiz anywhere near a team with ambition to win anything but if he has signed a new contract it would suggest that he is in someones plans.

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Sky Sports News reporting that Yerry Mina has been charged with misconduct in relations to the FA's betting rules.....

Guess we will be starting the season with Keane and Gibson at CB?

Is that a fine or a ban then?

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

ban, sturridge got 6 weeks but FA wanted 6 months

Well, it’ll be 6 months for us then, and probably a club fine...

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

Amazing to me that the FA will allow clubs to advertise betting companies right on the shirt, but it's a big no-no if anyone else does anything else related to sports betting.

Hypocrites.

I wasn’t happy with an alcohol sponsor,  was livid with the gambling sponsor and then we topped it off with an addictive  game sponsor that benefits from obscene micro transactions. Goes against everything that the club stands for. I know no company is innocent but not promoting addictions would be a better way to go. EITC has enough work to do without having to deal with addicts that the club helps maintain/create through its sponsors...

• 4 weeks later...

He was just what we needed once he remembered his height.

He started off the second half standing off and letting Deeney flick the ball on. The nearly got through so many times. But then Pickford made that save and he realised he can attack headers, and won everything.

Hoping he watches that back and gains confidence from it.

He was lucky to not give a penalty away but other than that he looked surprisingly solid from what I saw, and played very well with Keane (who had a great game today).

Im still nervous as all hell when he closes someone down but, despite his ungainly (rather than clumsy) approach, I’m really excited to be proven wrong about him if he carries on like that. 

I’m also not a great fan of players getting in the oppositions faces usually, but I loved him calling the two dives out and speaking his mind. 

I watched MOTD from last night and it really didn’t look like Mina won the ball on the penalty incident. To also have VAR look at it and not give them penalty doesn’t give me much faith in VAR. Dont get me wrong, I’m glad they never got the penalty but just doesn’t give me faith that the right decisions are being made. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

I watched MOTD from last night and it really didn’t look like Mina won the ball on the penalty incident. To also have VAR look at it and not give them penalty doesn’t give me much faith in VAR. Dont get me wrong, I’m glad they never got the penalty but just doesn’t give me faith that the right decisions are being made. 

I haven’t watched MOTD yet but the incident happened right in front of me and I was certain it was not a penalty when I watched it in real time