IGNORED

Yerry Mina

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

He’s a great defender if he’s not asked to do much with the ball. His size makes him a beast for blocks and in the air but I also think it causes him to be slow and awkward at times with the ball at his feet. Immense today but when he’s under more pressure he still makes me awfully nervous. 

My biggest problem with him is his size. To often he is beaten way to easily by players smaller than him.

Today he used his size, hope this has woken him up.

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This. It's going to take more than one game for me to think he's anything more than a gazelle.

Gazelle's are generally graceful and elegant... he has more of a giraffe look to him but i absolutely love him. Stepped up today and took control, especially after the howler. Great attitude from him.

Knew at the start of the season we would be a very good footballing side but have that key ability to break a team down from set pieces. Great balance to the team.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

let's hope he's saving himself for the derby otherwise that's not good news

Tbf, it doesn't sound too bad. He felt discomfort in his thigh (again) and Colombia removed him from the team as a precaution.

Usually I wouldn't give a shit about him missing a game for us but we're so depleted at CB and Godfrey coming in for that game would be a worry.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Tbf, it doesn't sound too bad. He felt discomfort in his thigh (again) and Colombia removed him from the team as a precaution.

Usually I wouldn't give a shit about him missing a game for us but we're so depleted at CB and Godfrey coming in for that game would be a worry.

Not to mention he is developing a good partnership with Keane and he played really well in the last match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 10:19, Aidan said:

Got sent off in added time in a 3-0 defeat to Uruguay last night. The 'foul' for the second yellow was a joke. Not sure how he played as I didnt watch it but apparently was at fault for one of their goals.

James made more of an error for their second goal than Mina did in any. Think the first goal, Mina played a ball into the CDM who was under pressure and lost the ball, conceded from that.

12 hours ago, Btay said:

James made more of an error for their second goal than Mina did in any. Think the first goal, Mina played a ball into the CDM who was under pressure and lost the ball, conceded from that.

I don't think that was Mina's fault either (first goal) because it should have been an easy enough ball for the midfielder but he looked away as Mina played the ball and then was very flat footed. You would hope a half decent midfielder would have dealt with that a lot better.

I'm not sure what James was thinking for the second goal though. Trying to take on his man as one of the last players back. It looked like a jaded decision to me!

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

I don't think that was Mina's fault either (first goal) because it should have been an easy enough ball for the midfielder but he looked away as Mina played the ball and then was very flat footed. You would hope a half decent midfielder would have dealt with that a lot better.

I'm not sure what James was thinking for the second goal though. Trying to take on his man as one of the last players back. It looked like a jaded decision to me!

Yeah, I mean it’s a hot pass to give and Yerry could have have gotten it right into feet so I can some fault.

Really not sure, was Columbia’s free kick played short and then that happened.

Regardless, hopefully James comes back fresh, we need him firing!

I haven’t seen the incident in the Colombia game, but we could have done with him in hindsight against Utd, as I believe we witnessed some of the worst central defending from Keane and Holgate I have seen for a very long time, so I hope he comes back injury free and plays in the Fulham game, because a one legged blind man would be an upgrade on what was seen last week. 

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

:huh: Keane is clearly our best CB and I’d argue one of the best players this season

Holgate.

Keane was above average after the restart last season (mainly down to being fitter, although credit to him for putting the effort in) but other than that he's been a dreadful signing. Said it a million times but the only game he's looked good enough was Brighton when he stood up to Murray. 

Think he was that poor the first two seasons that now when he doesn't get turned inside out he gets credit for having a good game. What matches has he actually been above average in? 

Whereas I think Mina suffers from a case of the Davies', as in every misplaced pass or other fault gets overly picked on.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

Yeah, I mean it’s a hot pass to give and Yerry could have have gotten it right into feet so I can some fault.

Really not sure, was Columbia’s free kick played short and then that happened.

Regardless, hopefully James comes back fresh, we need him firing!

I think the pass is right where he wants it personally. You want it that side as it keeps it further away from the defender. It's the type of pass any half decent midfielder should manage comfortably but he isn't looking when its played and then he has to react and I think his reaction makes the pass look worse than it really is.

Deffo agree about the last bit!

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure how to respond to that. Mina gets stick because he’s either ok or awful. Holgate has been injured for a while, although I’d definitely consider him a close challenger to Keane who had been very good most of the time since the restart last season. 

I remember we had to put Williams next to  Holgate as Keane was that poor. Since Williams left I don't see much improvement other than a little bit of fitness. He's still making the same mistakes albeit less often as the midfield is now offering more protection.

Mina makes the odd clanger but less than Keane. They just get highlighted more. Similar happened to Yobo, every mistake is blown out of proportion and gets more stick for less problems than those next to him. 

With Mina, Holgate and Keane, I think they all have their issues and I wouldn't say any one of them is particularly better than the other. They all have the ability to play a couple of games well and then look like a clown in the next. Keane started the season well but his form is going backwards.

I think Holgate and Keane will be the better partnership though because Mina is just a nutter.