IGNORED

Yerry Mina

I think Yerry is propably our best CB at the moment, so some of this may appear harsh, but he causes me more worry and stress in matches than the rest including Keane (hoping Keanes 2 early brain farts are him for the season), it really frightens me, I mentioned Paolo Wanchope in the Utd matchday thread in regards to Rondon, and my problem with Yerry is that he shares the worst or Wanchope especially when he's gotta get a move on, sometimes it's like his brain doesn't know what his legs are doing, that in itself isn't a problem but it's the theatrical element he brings with it, it's sometimes like a panto, I get that some of it is Yerry playing up to it and some of it is done to wind up opponents, but because it's always in a defensive area I really just want want him to hoick it into rowZ instead of trying to shepard ball out under a lot of pressure, though in fairness to him can't really recall him costing us directly with his antics though he probably has, I wish he didn't make me so edgy, as I said at start think he is our best CB, but I would probably have Keane and Godders as my CB pairing as they probably compliment each other best. Also for a big guy he should be better with headers especially in opposition box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe our best CB but only being fit for less than 50% of the games is more a negative than a positive, we need players who can stay fit and play at least 85% plus games a season if we are going to see much needed consistency in the team. I would gladly sell if we could get the right money and invest in a player who isn’t constantly injured. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Maybe our best CB but only being fit for less than 50% of the games is more a negative than a positive, we need players who can stay fit and play at least 85% plus games a season if we are going to see much needed consistency in the team. I would gladly sell if we could get the right money and invest in a player who isn’t constantly injured. 

I like Mina when he plays but agree. Sell if we can get an offer.

Id also sell Keane and get upgrades on both.

10 hours ago, Btay said:

I like Mina when he plays but agree. Sell if we can get an offer.

Id also sell Keane and get upgrades on both.

Me too, we need a solid and consistent main pairing, without that we’re far too soft in defence, I’d be happy with an older experienced CH and Godfrey with the old timer helping him develop.

6 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Me too, we need a solid and consistent main pairing, without that we’re far too soft in defence, I’d be happy with an older experienced CH and Godfrey with the old timer helping him develop.

It would massively help our defence if we could keep hold of the ball for a bit. It must be a nightmare being a defender for us when the ball is constantly coming back at them, and then they have very little protection in front of them because we have one of the least mobile midfields you'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Btay said:

Shame because we are a better side when he plays.

You must have a good memory, I’m struggling to remember when he last played a full 90 minutes. I said it before the game and during the game he’s non productive and needs to go cost 25 million and well over 6 million a year on wages, he’s literally been a waste of money, another player we will struggle to sell and will likely see out his lucrative contract more on the physios bench than of it. 

54 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You must have a good memory, I’m struggling to remember when he last played a full 90 minutes. I said it before the game and during the game he’s non productive and needs to go cost 25 million and well over 6 million a year on wages, he’s literally been a waste of money, another player we will struggle to sell and will likely see out his lucrative contract more on the physios bench than of it. 

He’s our best defender by a mile - we’re so much more organised with Mina on the pitch. We do need to replace him though; the drop off when he’s not in the team is worrying and, unfortunately, he misses far too many games through injury so I’d reluctantly sell but we need to replace him with a leader/dominant centre back.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don’t disagree with any of your points mate - i think you’ll find I’ve made them quite a lot my self.

On his day he’s our best defender, but he can also resemble Bambi on skis at times.

His injury record is poor, we need a central defender who can dominate games, give confidence to the rest of the team, and play the majority of the season, Mina will never do this IMO, if we can get an offer I’d take it.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I do t even think he is our best defender, nowhere near. He has moments where he looks decent,but generally looks like he is going to fuck up any sec.

Only reason I want him to stay is that Keane doesn’t have a decent partner.

It is definitely an area that needs urgent addressing, whether Mina is our best CB makes no difference because he’s always on the physios bench, we need to find a consistent partner for Keane someone who will play week in week out so we can build a solid platform to work off Mina isn’t that player for obvious reasons. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I do t even think he is our best defender, nowhere near. He has moments where he looks decent,but generally looks like he is going to fuck up any sec.

Only reason I want him to stay is that Keane doesn’t have a decent partner.

I've only seen bits and pieces this season (thankfully it seems) so was wondering if he'd turned a corner finally. He's a liability who had good moments and a great character. But he's not a good defender.

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It is definitely an area that needs urgent addressing, whether Mina is our best CB makes no difference because he’s always on the physios bench, we need to find a consistent partner for Keane someone who will play week in week out so we can build a solid platform to work off Mina isn’t that player for obvious reasons. 

If Keane is our starting centre back for the next 3 season we will stay mid table.

19 minutes ago, Btay said:

If Keane is our starting centre back for the next 3 season we will stay mid table.

I don’t think so he just needs a consistent and solid partner who has ability and a brain, whether he becomes the leader in that partnership for me is immaterial, but he’s definitely good enough to be playing at the top of this league. He should be back in the England squad he’s far better than McGuire who would crumble right in front of our eyes if he had to play in this Everton team. Keane has been solid for quite a while now, mistake’s that lead to goals aren’t coming from him but from others. I think you do him a massive disservice by your remarks, if we stay mid table it will be because of others not him. 

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don’t think so he just needs a consistent and solid partner who has ability and a brain, whether he becomes the leader in that partnership for me is immaterial, but he’s definitely good enough to be playing at the top of this league. He should be back in the England squad he’s far better than McGuire who would crumble right in front of our eyes if he had to play in this Everton team. Keane has been solid for quite a while now, mistake’s that lead to goals aren’t coming from him but from others. I think you do him a massive disservice by your remarks, if we stay mid table it will be because of others not him. 

He is mediocre as can be, has a decent few games and everyone forgets the shit patch. There’s a good reason no clubs above us have looked at him. There’s also very little chance he plays for England again in my opinion.