IGNORED

Yerry Mina

I’m sure there is absolutely nothing in someone not smiling as much as someone else. 
I’m perfectly happy right now, but im not smiling. Maybe im just a miserable bastard, like Scottish Dunc and Yorkshire Holgate. But Scots and Yorkshire lads don’t smile, so don’t worry lads. 😂

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m sure there is absolutely nothing in someone not smiling as much as someone else. 
I’m perfectly happy right now, but im not smiling. Maybe im just a miserable bastard, like Scottish Dunc and Yorkshire Holgate. But Scots and Yorkshire lads don’t smile, so don’t worry lads. 😂

The behaviour analysts always appear when we're not doing well. It's par for the course, Steve, surely you've realised that by now?!

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The behaviour analysts always appear when we're not doing well. It's par for the course, Steve, surely you've realised that by now?!

Funny enough, talking about the same thing this morning with a colleague.

I told them if they had more players who wanted to smash mobile phones out of kids hands after losing and players like Gary Neville toe poking a ball into the family enclosure and getting a red….. then they would have snotted us. 

I mean people aren’t stupid…. Well some are, they see Blue Bill with his arms draped over the bars looking dejected flashed on the screens and think “ahhh there’s a man who cares”.

the secret of success is sincerity, once you can fake that you’ve got it made. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

So if you are not smiling which one are you a Scott or a Yorkie  ? 😉

• 3 weeks later...

From the Athletic:

Given the disparity in quality between the two local rivals, perhaps they would have done so anyway even if the 27-year-old had played. Yet the numbers are stark, both in terms of Mina’s availability (or lack of it) and the side’s upturn in fortunes when he does play.

This season, Everton have taken an average of just 0.7 points from the 21 league games Mina has missed. Extrapolate that across a full season and they would end up with 27 points from 38 matches.

In the 11 games he has played, their win percentage is 36 (up from 19 without him) and they average 1.4 points per game. Over a whole season, that would give them more than 50 points.

The numbers were even more extreme for 2020-21 when a 58.3 per cent win ratio with Mina in the team dropped to 21.4 per cent in his absence.

6 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

From the Athletic:

Given the disparity in quality between the two local rivals, perhaps they would have done so anyway even if the 27-year-old had played. Yet the numbers are stark, both in terms of Mina’s availability (or lack of it) and the side’s upturn in fortunes when he does play.

This season, Everton have taken an average of just 0.7 points from the 21 league games Mina has missed. Extrapolate that across a full season and they would end up with 27 points from 38 matches.

In the 11 games he has played, their win percentage is 36 (up from 19 without him) and they average 1.4 points per game. Over a whole season, that would give them more than 50 points.

The numbers were even more extreme for 2020-21 when a 58.3 per cent win ratio with Mina in the team dropped to 21.4 per cent in his absence.

That’s very interesting and surprising, when he played did you notice what partners he had most success with. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s very interesting and surprising, when he played did you notice what partners he had most success with. 

Keane isn’t it?

often the case.  Phil Babb got a mega money move to Liverpool cos Paul McGrath made him look exceptional.  Seen it happen alot over the years - to a degree mountfield had ratcliffe elevate him.  The other one was senderos, crap but alongside kolo toure looked decent.?

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Keane isn’t it?

often the case.  Phil Babb got a mega money move to Liverpool cos Paul McGrath made him look exceptional.  Seen it happen alot over the years - to a degree mountfield had ratcliffe elevate him.  The other one was senderos, crap but alongside kolo toure looked decent.?

I was hoping the best pairing was him and Godfrey instead of Keane, but who ever it is Frank needs to try and play them if available for the last 6 games, we need every bit of help we can muster. 

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

Did not unfortunately 

21 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Keane isn’t it?

Definitely the safest assumption

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Coincidence that’s all. There is no way we should be looking at keeping Mina Dan Keane as a partnership! That’s a comedy duo right there. 

Put them both together for a season and see what happens haha!

Coincidence over 70 games? No chance. I'm not arguing that Mina and Keane should stay because I don't want them to, I'm just saying evidence shows it's our best pairing. Them together and we play like a midtable club and without Mina we're this s*** apparently. 

I do think there is an element of co-incidence in this stat. 

IMO Mina is our best defender, but lets not pretend that he is a rock because give him enough time and he will shoot himself in the foot too. I do think he makes less errors than the others but he will still make enough errors to tear your hair out over the course of a season.

12 hours ago, London Blue said:

Yerry is our most important defender because he is a leader and marshals the defence so well. He also monsters the opponents, he is physically imposing, he is an equally imposing personality and just boss's them out of the game.

Its no coincidence that we win so many more games when he plays.

In that context absolutely, he’s vocal with our players, and niggles at opponents all game, with clever little taps, pushes, standing in front to slow the game, we need Godfrey and Branthwaite to do the same, Keane doesn’t have it in him at all, he’s just too nice, Holgate can be an arse but gets sent off too easily for diving in recklessly.

If only Mina could play 30 plus games a season.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

And this is why it's laughable people think he's our best defender. If he could actually stay on the pitch he might he, but he can't so he isn't and never will be. 

Spot on you can’t build a defence around someone who’s constantly injured 🤕, Keane comes on and looks better imo so not worried that Mina misses that next game. 

On 08/05/2022 at 16:56, Shukes said:

Been saying it all season. People forgot what he is actually like due to him not playing. 
Then he plays…. And the obligatory brain fart concedes a goal.

Then his head drops and goes off.

I didnt' think the goal was his fault to be honest. 

He didn't deal with the original ball very well but there wasn't a problem until Coleman tried to join in. If Coleman just drops off as he did on the initial ball, we deal with the situation a lot better and Daka isn't through on goal. 

I don't think he was great before he went off but be also saved a certain goal. Keane did well when he came on though and we didn't miss him.