IGNORED

Yerry Mina

From the app

Tuesday, 02 Jun 2020, at 16:00 CEST

Everton Football Club can confirm Yerry Mina is set to be sidelined for several weeks after sustaining a muscle injury.

A scan confirmed the Colombia international suffered a partial tear in his left quad muscle during training last week.

The 25-year-old is now in the early stages of his rehabilitation under the care of the Club’s medical staff and making good progress.”

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What a fucking donkey. Holgate's return can't come swiftly enough for me.

Bit harsh. Think he was trying to hold his man up - didn’t do enough but he’s been steady and I trust him.

Keane however has been the standout - happily changing my opinion and really hope this is new consistent level because it’s excellent, even without the goals.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Bit harsh. Think he was trying to hold his man up - didn’t do enough but he’s been steady and I trust him.

Keane however has been the standout - happily changing my opinion and really hope this is new consistent level because it’s excellent, even without the goals.

I was wondering at what stage he was actually going to engage the player....  Surely the best option is to wait for the call from Keane to say "I'm covering" then if he tries to tackle or foul he escspes with yellow card. 

3 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Poor piece of play from Mina for their first goal, reminded me of Maradonnas goal in 86 where he ran though England’s defence without anyone putting a tackle in.

Just put a tackle in Mina

Spot on Wiggy some blamed Allan for that goal, unbelievable?

3 hours ago, Btay said:

I don't think he's a donkey based on just today. His performance today was just particularly bad. He's a good lad to have around the place but I would honestly look to sell him next summer because he is not a defender at all.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I was wondering at what stage he was actually going to engage the player....  Surely the best option is to wait for the call from Keane to say "I'm covering" then if he tries to tackle or foul he escspes with yellow card. 

Watching this back again, I dont think Mina realises that Diangana is left footed. He is actually showing him down the line and onto his left foot intentionally. On one hand he is showing him away from goal but as he is too far off him it doesnt matter. 

If Diangana was right footed it would be decent defending because its not a bad thing to encourage a shot from distance from the wrong foot. 

Only Mina knows what he was trying to do but goal aside he was very average for the rest of the game as well.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Watching this back again, I dont think Mina realises that Diangana is left footed. He is actually showing him down the line and onto his left foot intentionally. On one hand he is showing him away from goal but as he is too far off him it doesnt matter. 

If Diangana was right footed it would be decent defending because its not a bad thing to encourage a shot from distance from the wrong foot. 

Only Mina knows what he was trying to do but goal aside he was very average for the rest of the game as well.

Backing off was right till Digne got back to cover the right hand side pass. He had Keane covering him and needed to tackle/take a yellow.  Diangana looks 2 footed 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

FFS if he doesn’t know the opposition strengths and weakness what’s he been doing all week, if that is true that’s really poor and unprofessional ( and in no way a dig at you Bailey BTW )

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Backing off was right till Digne got back to cover the right hand side pass. He had Keane covering him and needed to tackle/take a yellow.  Diangana looks 2 footed 

Unfortunately that's all well and good if you have eyes in the back of your head. 

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

FFS if he doesn’t know the opposition strengths and weakness what’s he been doing all week, if that is true that’s really poor and unprofessional ( and in no way a dig at you Bailey BTW )

That's what it looks like to me, but only Mina will know what he was thinking at the time. Diangana might even be more two footed than I believed but its unusual to have someone that is happy to hit it from 20+ yards off either foot. 

On 20/09/2020 at 17:15, Hafnia said:

I thought watching live he was waiting for Allan to nip him from behind and just delay until that happened but he ran across to track a man... Can’t hear any audio so it’s hard to say but as Keane was free with Digne getting back ( well done as well ) Keane needed to be screaming at him.

All in all the biggest mistake came from the sloppy give away from James - these things happen but a good thing to happen in a 5-2 win and I’m sure Carlo the lads with acknowledge/assess. Onwards and upwards boys!

49 minutes ago, Btay said:

I thought watching live he was waiting for Allan to nip him from behind and just delay until that happened but he ran across to track a man... Can’t hear any audio so it’s hard to say but as Keane was free with Digne getting back ( well done as well ) Keane needed to be screaming at him.

All in all the biggest mistake came from the sloppy give away from James - these things happen but a good thing to happen in a 5-2 win and I’m sure Carlo the lads with acknowledge/assess. Onwards and upwards boys!

The pass from James to Gomes was made bad by Gomes being static.

One of the reasons we have looked so shite with passing and receiving balls is players passing to the actual spot where a player is stood.  Static chess passing.  

The amount of times players have to dig balls out.  It's premier league, watch the likes of Liverpool and City, they pass the ball for the playef to move into.

James struggles to misplace a 30 yard crossfield pass - the 5 yard pass to Gomes was correct.  Gerrard used to go mad at Liverpool players for being still to the ball.

Gomes and the others will learn. This is all about us evolving into a sharper team. We will get there. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Yeh he might have thought that, there was definitely some communication issues going on because Keane ends up in an odd position as well. I don't know if he dropped deep to cover for Digne to start with but he ends up a lot deeper than the others and at the end he is almost in a line with Mina. It isn't what I would expect to see from a centre back pairing that were on each others wavelengths. If Mina / Keane had that moment again, I think Mina would try and get Diangana to cut inside where Keane would be a lot closer and able to get the tackle / block in.

As I mentioned before though, that is what comes from giving the ball sloppily with too many men up field. Everything after that requires split second decision making and therefore there is more chance of it going wrong. 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The pass from James to Gomes was made bad by Gomes being static.

One of the reasons we have looked so shite with passing and receiving balls is players passing to the actual spot where a player is stood.  Static chess passing.  

The amount of times players have to dig balls out.  It's premier league, watch the likes of Liverpool and City, they pass the ball for the playef to move into.

James struggles to misplace a 30 yard crossfield pass - the 5 yard pass to Gomes was correct.  Gerrard used to go mad at Liverpool players for being still to the ball.

Gomes and the others will learn. This is all about us evolving into a sharper team. We will get there. 

Or Gomes is offering the space for James to drive onto his left. If Gomes plays that ball to James right now mate you’d be calling it a shit pass because you’ve got Gomes in your sights. Every time I’d rather James drive with the ball onto his left and Gomes to sit and cover. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Or Gomes is offering the space for James to drive onto his left. If Gomes plays that ball to James right now mate you’d be calling it a shit pass because you’ve got Gomes in your sights. Every time I’d rather James drive with the ball onto his left and Gomes to sit and cover. 

I'd say Possibly but James opened up his body to telegraph the pass.  Zero ability to react to it. 

I'm going to be honest - Gomes is concerning me. His balance, lack of intent just strikes me that he is way off.  It wasn't just that pass, the number of times he seems to be treading in quicksand, dipping his feet in to tackles.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'd say Possibly but James opened up his body to telegraph the pass.  Zero ability to react to it. 

I'm going to be honest - Gomes is concerning me. His balance, lack of intent just strikes me that he is way off.  It wasn't just that pass, the number of times he seems to be treading in quicksand, dipping his feet in to tackles.

To be honest Haff after reading this you were concerning me.

But then I remembered it's you so I didn't take any notice.

While Gomes is criticised for something that doesn't even look like was an error on his part, I'll point out something I only just realised he definitely did do that was right in the game. In the build up to James' goal he brilliantly blocks off one of their players trying to get to Richarlison so that he has an easier time of it.

Got to love that shithousery.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

While Gomes is criticised for something that doesn't even look like was an error on his part, I'll point out something I only just realised he definitely did do that was right in the game. In the build up to James' goal he brilliantly blocks off one of their players trying to get to Richarlison so that he has an easier time of it.

He did yeah: 

and that meant Livermore also couldn't even get close to Hamez'ssss shadow for his rock aka goal. Think we need to remember Gomes'ssss injury was HOOJ it will inevitably take time for his confidence (in his body) to get back to anywhere near where it was prior to that shithouse Son's assault aka tackle on him. He is getting back but he is defo still a work in progress - but I for 1 - believe The Professor will get him back to where he can be.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thought he was pretty decent myself. He was also moving into space most of the time wanting the ball. Unlike some of our midfielders last season who would move towards an opposition player so the ball wouldn't come to them 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Not sure if it got a mention in the match day thread but that header of the ground!!!

Reminded me of Straqularsi. I know Mina isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he’s entertaining for sure 

i love it honestly.  to me it showed his commitment.  on the ground and he's still trying to win the ball and help the team out.  

14 hours ago, Btay said:

Not sure if it got a mention in the match day thread but that header of the ground!!!

Reminded me of Straqularsi. I know Mina isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he’s entertaining for sure 

I said it at the time, but he is a complete nutter. He is to the likes of James and Richarlison as Dennis Rodman was to Jordan.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Best game he’s played for us. If he can be that player more consistently, I’ll be very happy to eat my words. 

He’s a great defender if he’s not asked to do much with the ball. His size makes him a beast for blocks and in the air but I also think it causes him to be slow and awkward at times with the ball at his feet. Immense today but when he’s under more pressure he still makes me awfully nervous.