IGNORED

Lucas Digne

In arguments, disagreement and fallings out there is invariably two truths. They are not really 'truths' they are simply strongly held differing opinions. Pretty much what goes on this forum all the time - not truths put differing opinions.

It will be true that Benitiez is infuriated with Digne's behaviour and attitude to his method of managing, training and playing and it will also be true that Digne does not believe in Rafa's methods and the way he is playing him. Both being stubborn and both not backing down. 

The 'truth' is already out there - the pair of them simply do not get along with each other.

I can't say I am overly mad on Digne's comments - as they do 'fan a flame' within what is currently a somewhat divided fan base at the club he is leaving.

Beniteiz has had a dig and now Digne has had a dig. Lets call it a score draw and underline it. 

I don't want to see banner in support of ex-players and so forth dragging the whole thing out.

I have made my peace with Digne leaving so I am now just looking forward to getting behind the two new young backs we have at the club.

as far as im aware digne made himself unavailable for selection.  

Before we got benitez fans were crying for a manager who would sort out the crap going on at the club,  Benitez has lashed out a few players and bought in a few who subscribe to his methods.  

Our squd was poor in quality and poor in attitude - whatever is going on needed to happen.... far too many passengers at the club.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Before we got benitez fans were crying for a manager who would sort out the crap going on at the club,  Benitez has lashed out a few players and bought in a few who subscribe to his methods.  

Our squd was poor in quality and poor in attitude - whatever is going on needed to happen.... far too many passengers at the club.

A manager dropping any player is acceptable - either due to bad form or poor attitude or whatever.  This is all part of being a manager.

However, a player making himself unavailable (especially as a fuck you) is wholly not acceptable.

If Digne was genuinely too 'ill' (which he may well have been) it was extremely unlucky timing because I can see very much why it might be view with suspicion by management.

All in all a bit of a sad chapter in a frustratingly long list going back a fair few years now. 

4 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

As Bernard left before Benitez joined, a not so hidden dig at upstairs. 

I seen that too. Potentially an indicator that there is something toxic behind the scenes. With all the players having liked his post etc I do hope doesn’t cause squad unrest even though the club has done decent business getting a profit and wages etc off the bill, but puts alot of pressure now on an untested new young signing with only Godfrey as an alternative.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/01/13/simon-jordan-slams-lucas-digne-following-statement-on-everton-exit/

now I can't stand this bloke - but a broken clock is right twice a day. Exactly what I said, simply fanning a flame as he leaves.

It was not a particular classy parting statement from Digne. Much like the clubs announcement on the club website.

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Also several players have spoken of how they like working with the manager. With the Digne and behind the scenes situations there is the truth and individual's interpretation of their truth and what the media and fans think. To quote Buck House, "Some recollections may vary"!!

18 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Also several players have spoken of how they like working with the manager. With the Digne and behind the scenes situations there is the truth and individual's interpretation of their truth and what the media and fans think. To quote Buck House, "Some recollections may vary"!!

take the manager out the equation…. For how long have we been watching players in a blue shirt not giving 100%, losing games and looking half arsed and then having a laugh with opposing players.

something has been wrong for quite some time.   If Benitez is standing up to moshiri for buying players off his agent mate then it’s clear there is a lot to be sorted at the club.  

we will see in the long run, I’m aware Benitez can fall out with players but he has to be the one in charge.  

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

In arguments, disagreement and fallings out there is invariably two truths. They are not really 'truths' they are simply strongly held differing opinions. Pretty much what goes on this forum all the time - not truths put differing opinions.

In dispute, there are always THREE opinions: Party 1, Party 2, and the truth.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

To be accurate, the marketing team have quoted players saying this - which is not the same.

Haha we can look so deep into any comment can’t we! Two statements from players and Twitter goes into melt down.

I read them and thought most of Digne’s post was pretty much thanking fans and saying he loves the club….. nothing to see here.

Bernard’s post…. Pretty generic to every club that ever existed and offering support to a former colleague…. Nothing to see here.

Every club and every forum could be accused of the higher ups javihn an agenda against people… even here on Matt…. I mean TT people can single out posters for unfair treatment! …. One sec just putting my Matt straight… where was I, oh ye was just saying without mentioning any names that the higher ups can sometimes single out people.

Gotta go… Matt needs putting out… ffs I mean the Cat!

But have a bit of dignity and don’t mention names!

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Edit - Also, when someone is publicly attacking your character and reputation then I think you have every right to have a few digs. The only problem I have with Digne's goodbye statement is that he didn't go in with a full two-footed red card challenge :lol:. If you're going to go out then go in a blaze of glory!

Got Villa in a few weeks, an over the top challenge landing somewhere near our dugout would be fun 😂

On 13/01/2022 at 16:12, Cornish Steve said:

In dispute, there are always THREE opinions: Party 1, Party 2, and the truth.

Apologies for being pedantic, but I don't think truth can be an opinion, can it? You could have two opinions and the truth. Or, if party 1 or party 2 were telling the truth, then you could have only one opinion.

5 hours ago, Formby said:

Apologies for being pedantic, but I don't think truth can be an opinion, can it? You could have two opinions and the truth. Or, if party 1 or party 2 were telling the truth, then you could have only one opinion.

You're right. There are three stories rather than three opinions.

(I shan't forget this pedantry! And why is it not sha'n't?)

On 14/01/2022 at 22:28, Formby said:

I see a lot of people as part of my work who have their own versions of the truth which they believe whole heartedly. 

Its not necessarily an opinion but it is the truth they saw and felt at the time, even if it isnt actually the complete version of events.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Was scanning a Villa forum earlier, they were really impressed with him yesterday overall, though he apparently had one howler.

I had a look too so thought I would have a look at the second goal. It wasnt anything to do with him, the midfielder who isn't under a lot of pressure gives the ball away deep in the Villa half. 

A quick look of the highlights up to that point show him having a shot on target and creating a chance from a set piece.

Villa look lively though under Gerrard.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Villa fans very concerned they have bought a dud.  Stunk the gaff out last game, lost the ball 27 times I think it was - 1 cross in 9 found a villa player and he left gaps in defence.

Many saying he is no upgrade on targett

Villa fans must be more conscientious about their players than we are😄

• 2 months later...