IGNORED

Lucas Digne

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

He knows he'll be first choice there. If he goes to Chelsea, he might have to battle with Alonso for a starting spot and then with Chilwell next year

Agreed on Chelsea behalf but Villa is not the destination I’d have thought for him. Sideways/backward. He could have moved to a much better side. 

10 minutes ago, MC11 said:

The thing is Villa are doing exactly what we’ve been doing for the past 5/6 years.

(Buying/loaning with obligations) players coming towards the end of their careers on high wages. It’s everything that we have previously done and failed. 

In the last couple years they've bought Watkins, Cash, Bailey, Buendia, Konsa, Douglas Luiz....

Yes they've brought in some veterans, but your assessment of their transfer dealings is far from accurate

The thing is Villa are doing exactly what we’ve been doing for the past 5/6 years.

(Buying/loaning with obligations) players coming towards the end of their careers on high wages. It’s everything that we have previously done and failed. 

Spot on. We would be moaning if we were signing Coutinho on those wages and potentially a £33m fee and if we were signing someone who will be 29 by the end of the season for £20-25m. It a tough one to swallow selling Digne to a ‘rival’ but selling a player on his wages and his age for that fee then bringing in a young rb and lb is much more sustainable than what we’ve done to get us into this mess. Probably should be looking to do the same with one or two from Pickford, Mina, Keane (I wish), Doucoure and Allan over the next 18months.

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

In the last couple years they've bought Watkins, Cash, Bailey, Buendia, Konsa, Douglas Luiz....

Yes they've brought in some veterans, but your assessment of their transfer dealings is far from accurate

I think he’s making reference to Digne/Coutinho - in general, their business has been very good.

Just now, c1982 said:

I think he’s making reference to Digne/Coutinho - in general, this business has been very good.

Sure, but...

17 minutes ago, MC11 said:

That's categorically false

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Sure, but...

That's categorically false

How is it categorically false? 🤣🤣🤣. The latest two signings are both 28/29 and wages over 100k a year. This is Steven Gerrard Villa this is how he’s operating so pipe down with the arrogant posts you blert. 

22 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Benitez selling our best assets to his mates the bad crab. The stripping of anything remotely good at Everton continues, yet people will still want to give him more time and find excuses for him.

He even signed a Liverpool shirt at the Hull game ffs.

Did he really? I searched for that when I read your comment, but I can find nothing about it.

1 minute ago, MC11 said:

How is it categorically false? 🤣🤣🤣. The latest two signings are both 28/29 and wages over 100k a year. This is Steven Gerrard Villa this is how he’s operating so pipe down with the arrogant posts you blert. 

No need for that, you’ve not done this crap for a long time, please don’t start it again. 

11 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Its very accurate. Coutinho and Digne are 29/28 respectively and both will demand high wages. 

Stop listing previous managers players. I’m talking about the now. 

2 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Maybe I'm arrogant in writing this, and if so I apologize, but...

You have such brilliant insights into Everton, and your comments are usually spot on: I've positively looked forward to them in recent months. Others do have valuable opinions too, though, and no-one deserves name-calling.

Without going off thread and it’s the last I’ll say on it….

I’d appreciate if my post aren’t quoted as being “categorically false”  or “far from accurate” when if fact this one in particular is very accurate. 28/29 year old on massive wages. 

This wasn’t the only time he’s quoted me recently, very very arrogantly. Seems like he just wants an argument 🤷🏻‍♂️

So I apologise to other members, if you feel that way both Steve’s. 

I’d appreciate if my post aren’t quoted as being “categorically false”  or “far from accurate” when if fact this one in particular is very accurate. 28/29 year old on massive wages. 

This wasn’t the only time he’s quoted me recently, very very arrogantly. Seems like he just wants an argument 🤷🏻‍♂️

We just have very different viewpoints. I think if I had known you were specifically referencing the Coutinho/Digne signings, I wouldn't have brought it up. I was pointing out that on the whole, Villa have recently been signing players in the 22-26 age range. 

Could very well be that Gerrard starts bringing in more high-wage, veteran players, in which case I would love nothing more than to see him be the cause of Villa struggling like we've been recently.

27 minutes ago, MC11 said:

No worries. We all argue on here, nothing wrong with it, but we don’t like name calling and we can all argue without it, I appreciate the apology and move on. 👍🏻

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:
4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Benitez selling our best assets to his mates the bad crab. The stripping of anything remotely good at Everton continues, yet people will still want to give him more time and find excuses for him.

He even signed a Liverpool shirt at the Hull game ffs.

Did he? And if he'd have refused he'd have been labelled all sorts of shit for being a bad sport.

Never saw Digne retiring at Everton. So selling him for a profit is good business. Probably should have happened in the summer. The spat with Rafa and his need for playing time to gain access to the World Cup squad has accelerated things.

Will miss him when he is gone. Enjoyed how he stepped into the roll after Baines. Loved Baines and if someone Cuco Martina level had followed it would have really hurt. Digne played some good stuff while he was here. 

Wish this whole thing had been handled better. Tis par the course of late with our club though so I guess it is what it is. Not looking forward to the first time we play Villa with Digne in the squad. 

Based on his peeformance over the past 12months, £25M is a great deal for us for a player of this age and in the current climate. Teams are generally not parting with that sort on money for players who will essentially be going in to there last contract. 

Its no good complaining about selling valuble assets, unfortunately there needs to be a turnover of valuble assets in order to bring in funds for valuble new signings. We have vary few valuble assets, and out of them Digne is the most expendable and the one to  cash in on. 

Villa sold their most valuble asset in the summer, so must still have plenty of that money left to spend. 

Very good business if we get near £25M. Villa are paying for the player that we had over 12 months ago.