IGNORED

André Gomes

37 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

does anyone know when our next game is?

It'll be the second game on Friday but I don't know the exact time, he was third up today and it started at 2.30 so I'd guess about 1.45. Quarter final against Raheem Sterling, bring it on!

Win that there's a possible Merseyside derby semi against Alexander-Arnold. 👍

Edit:

"The opening rounds will feature four matches per day between 12:00 and 16:00 BST from Tuesday 21 April to Friday 24 April. The semi-finals and final will be televised live on Sky Sports at 15:00 BST on Saturday 25 April."

If anyone feels the need to watch it back or Covid isolation is getting to them and they just need to pretend for a short while that it’s just a regular Saturday afternoon (obviously it’ll be clear very quickly when when DCL takes his chances and no goals are conceded that this isn’t the real Everton! ..... although Pickford in the 2nd half was a till up to his normal tricks 😂

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1659256

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Maybe Reece James is just crap at it? No idea, I've never played the game; is it possible to judge his abilities on just one game? 

Gomes looks good at it. The way he played on the ball in the game is very similar to how he plays in real life funnily enough. 

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Maybe Reece James is just crap at it? No idea, I've never played the game; is it possible to judge his abilities on just one game? 

I think it was a combination of the both. I don’t think Gomes will win it as there wasn’t a great deal of variation in his play and a couple of miss placed passes but he’s no mug. Reece James on the other hand was all over the place. I confident to judge him on one game as being distinctly average (I’d put him it about a league 8 FUT and that might be generous). A win today will likely setup a Merseyside derby semi final. 

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Diogo Jota won it for Wolves but as he grew up supporting Everton I'll let him off, beat Alexander-Arnold with a golden goal after a 1-1 draw. TA-A reacted like a spoilt kid at the end.😂

That’s one of the requirements you need if you want to play for the shite. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When do we stop making excuses for his poor performances. Too often he's playing within himself, Schneiderlin got dogs abuse for the similar, not saying I want the fans on his back but the manager/coaches need to let him know this isn't good enough, that he needs to start taking the game by the neck and play like he did the last 10 minutes against Leicester every grame.

34 minutes ago, pete0 said:

When do we stop making excuses for his poor performances. Too often he's playing within himself, Schneiderlin got dogs abuse for the similar, not saying I want the fans on his back but the manager/coaches need to let him know this isn't good enough, that he needs to start taking the game by the neck and play like he did the last 10 minutes against Leicester every grame.

I know what you’re saying mate, but I hope he doesn’t go the way of others, to many have come here in the last few years and started really well, only to crash and burn a year later. 
Let’s pray he’s just going through an off period. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was very poor last night. Playing within himself is exactly what was in my mind too, Pete.

I want to see him for a season with a proper midfield around him after we’ve stopped playing the likes of Davies and Sigurdsson, who just aren’t good enough, and if he isn’t cutting it then he can go next summer. He’s one of my favourite players, and he has shown that he can run games, but if he’s not going to do it consistently then there’s no room for him if we want to improve. 

Well put, and we need to say the same for every player from here onwards.

He was a complete and utter passenger.  I said before we signed him that I had reservations over his consistency.

He passed the ball backwards from a deep lying midfield position when the player giving it to him was 25 yards from spurs goal - numerous times.

Pisses me off. Both he and gylfi were a disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The fact he’s back at all after that injury is nothing short of astounding. That he’s not found his rhythm again is completely understandable especially playing so many minutes with paid actors being rotated around him. I’m treating all this games as glorified friendlies at the moment rather than using them to judge players. 

This.

That's why I'm saying getting a proper midfield around him and a full season, and then go from there.