IGNORED

Southampton (Home) Saturday August 18th

markjazzbassist

Phew! Tough 3 points to get that, in the way that Southampton went about it. How they finished without a red I've no idea.

We still have an issue to address...their goal was pathetic by us. How can their main striker be stood in the middle of the 6 yard box at a corner and no one even come close to marking him? That's a problem.

Number of good performances out there. Some nice football. Nice ideas.

Onwards we go.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Phew! Tough 3 points to get that, in the way that Southampton went about it. How they finished without a red I've no idea.

We still have an issue to address...their goal was pathetic by us. How can their main striker be stood in the middle of the 6 yard box at a corner and no one even come close to marking him? That's a problem.

Number of good performances out there. Some nice football. Nice ideas.

Onwards we go.

That goal was terrible. Our set piece defending clearly needs a lot of work. This zonal marking thing Silva insists on isn'tt working for us. We better spend a lot of time on the training pitch getting it right this week.

Kanchelskis Jnr summed it up for me 

"Apart from Richarlison, all the players on the field were there under Big Sam, yet the difference in play now is staggering! The players are positive, look for the spaces and are quick to attack! A pleasure to watch and a breath of fresh air. Marco is really showing his worth"

Although we didn't look like world beaters it's staggering the effect a decent man manager can have on a side with good staff around them 

44 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Mina will be a help from set peices. Even brands has said we will lose some points early on due to signing players so late. We get a win next week and we can bed Bernard and the rest in during the stupid international break 

The international break is after the Huddersfield game. 

Mario ( ;) ) Silva once again showing how inept Lardiola is. Almost the same players as fat head had available and yet we’ve gone from playing dour, negative, play not to lose football, to positive, quick, attacking football. 

Its not been perfect by any means, but it just goes to show what a difference the manager can make to players. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Where can I get some of what Mark Hughes is smoking?

"For the most part we did OK, I thought we had the better general play and chances created. Unfortunately we found ourselves two down."

I agree with him unfortunately you did find yourselfs 2-0 down unfortunately for us it should have been 4-0 down. 

18 minutes ago, London Blue said:

With our front 4 of Cenk, Richarlison, Siggy, Walcott we will score many, goals this season.

With a back up of Bernard, Lookman, Gomes and DCL added to the above we will score many, many goals this season.

Can't really see Bernard being a backup once he's fully fit and integrated.

4 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Can't really see Bernard being a backup once he's fully fit and integrated.

That's kind of my point, we have a front 4 and a back up that are interchangeable.

Granted Lookman and DCL are young, but they have proved capable of playing at the highest level, and with potential to get better

From the highlights I have seen Siggy was pretty key in everything we did going forward which is good to see.

Surprised more people dont consider the Pickford challenge a sending off. Wins the ball but the follow through studs the attacking in the back. I think there was a challenge like that last week wasnt there? 😲