IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Away) Wednesday December 4th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

He's gone already. We need to fix this mess ASAP. Calling on Moshiri and Brands, we are at their fucking hands, they better fucking do something!

Don’t call on Moshiri for fuck sake, that dumb fucker is the reason we’re in this position, he chased Silva for months. 

Actually thought we were much better in the second half. We had about seven efforts on goal the second half. Richarlison should have scored his header, Kean should have scored his effort. Davies has a decent enough effort. 

Defence was still crap, or rather, having Keane in defence was asking for more goals. The guys boots must be full of lead or something. Never saw such a slouch in my life.

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

He is far too slow. We just get opened up every time by the counter attacks. Mina just dives in and leaves us wide open.

Pickford looks like he is suffering from PTSD from the trauma of having those 2 in front of him.

The full backs get caught up field and we lose possession too often. It would be better if we just blasted it into row Z rather than lose possession

He’s not the quickest but there’s slower than him. Watch the goal from the corner - Mane I think, Mina is all heart and soul to get back. I’m done with Keane - Silva is going to lose his job and yet Keane keeps his job. Disgusting.

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

The slower defenders are usually part of a compact defence in the weaker teams so they dont get exposed so often. Silva is trying to play continental football with donkeys. We just don't have players fit for the league we are in.

Gerard Pique and Puyol were rapid. Pepe at Madrid, Dante at Bayern. John Terry and Carvalho were one of the best pairings. I can keep going but it’s about winning your battles and concentration. Keane does neither.

I honestly don't know where we go from here. We are playing footballers who were fucking terrible two years ago when Koeman got sacked - guess what, theyre still shit, we've just been stuffed 5-2 and dropped into the bottom 3, deja vu... Silva has to go because we desperately need to get a motivator, an organiser, a man manager in who will instill some confidence in these players, they are absolutely shot. We're playing like a team walking straight into relegation - yes there's some pluck, but the mistakes are woeful and are killing us. 

But a new manager will be the sticking plaster. I am so worried about what is going on behind the scenes at this club. We seem utterly directionless, we're bottom 3 because this is a woeful group of players put together for £450m fucking quid, there seems to be no plan, no identity, no leadership. This is the Johnson era all over again with a rich sugar daddy who doesn't know what he's doing with his money. 

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I think the fans now need to wake up and realise that our squad is fucked and needs major surgery. We are going to have to play horrible football to just lerch our way through the season until the transfer windows come around and we get a new manager.

We have spent millions on a mish mash of players who just dont fit into any kind of system

I can't understand any Evertonian trying to make the argument that we have anything like a good enough squad to compete in the league. You probably have to go back to when Smith signed Ginola and Gazza to find a worse group of players turning out for us. 

13 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Actually thought we were much better in the second half. We had about seven efforts on goal the second half. Richarlison should have scored his header, Kean should have scored his effort. Davies has a decent enough effort. 

Defence was still crap, or rather, having Keane in defence was asking for more goals. The guys boots must be full of lead or something. Never saw such a slouch in my life.

We were better and the players obs responded to HT talk....But damage was done in 1st 20 mins and its another game with no points and confidence is in the under world right now

Other than being the eternal optimist that I am, did we really expect to get a result tonight, but it really showed how poor we are at the moment, even with the penalty shouts and a red to TAA they would have still won. We so weak through the centre except Pickford, we need  some Steel in defence and midfield and a striker who can finish, Origi who’s been a bit part player this season came in and finished his chances.

Its going to be interesting to see how the board now react.

Terrible at the back today. Woeful.

It's just a matter of time for Marco now. He's not shown that he can create a stable team. Particularly at the back.

I might be one of a few but I actually don't think the squad is that bad. But 2 key areas are letting us down...one being centre back and the other being centre forward. Injuries have ripped our CM apart. And I kind of feel for Silva a bit there. To lose Delph, Gomes, Gbamin with no Gana. That s a hard task to fill and really unlucky to have injuries to all if them at once.

I like what I see of us going forward, that gives me hope. More do if young Kean can keep his head straight and get a run but those CB's and CM's, the spine, will carry on being problematic.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

If we go down I will have to walk away from this club while Moshiri is at the helm, I’ve supported this club for nearly 54 years and I’m finding it hard to recognise us and our values anymore. 
For me all he and his money has done has brought me misery. 

You wouldn't be able to walk away bud. No chance.

Moshiri has been seriously misguided and we can only hope that Brands can shine for us.

Henry has just summed it up for me. Where's the philosophy, the vision? Not with the team, but with the club? Moshiri has come in, thrown cash around, chopped and changed, expected things to work without a coherent plan. Silva was a mistake and also a victim of this. He has to go, but whoever comes in has got such a pile of shit to clean up before we even try to move forward because the squad is in such an absolute mess after three or four years of dreadful mismanagement. 

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Terrible at the back today. Woeful.

It's just a matter of time for Marco now. He's not shown that he can create a stable team. Particularly at the back.

I might be one of a few but I actually don't think the squad is that bad. But 2 key areas are letting us down...one being centre back and the other being centre forward. Injuries have ripped our CM apart. And I kind of feel for Silva a bit there. To lose Delph, Gomes, Gbamin with no Gana. That s a hard task to fill and really unlucky to have injuries to all if them at once.

I like what I see of us going forward, that gives me hope. More do if young Kean can keep his head straight and get a run but those CB's and CM's, the spine, will carry on being problematic.

No strikers and no defenders, but apart from that the squad is fine! 😂

When mosh came in we found ourselves on the brink of being a top 6 team with the vision of breaking into that. 

Now we find ourselves needing to regroup and set our sites on becoming a stable mid table team and having to build on that when we achieve it. 

In other words we've gone backwards and the whole mentality of the board needs to change and stop living in a fantasy. 

3 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

It is like watching Man City when the Thais bought them and they just threw good money after bad. The difference is that there was a space for them to do that but we are now just another club with money and the rules have changed.

This isn't a problem that money can fix, it needs a manager and a group of players with the heart and ability to get us out of this mess and to push us back up the table

The players are there mate. Richarlison, Iwobi, Digne etc will run themselves into the ground. We’ve got some top plates. I think Kean the striker will come good too.

Keane is poor. Sigurdsson is technically a very good player but doesn’t dominate/dictate games he just floats in and out of them. We are a man down at times with him in the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

It is like watching Man City when the Thais bought them and they just threw good money after bad. The difference is that there was a space for them to do that but we are now just another club with money and the rules have changed.

This isn't a problem that money can fix, it needs a manager and a group of players with the heart and ability to get us out of this mess and to push us back up the table

Agree. First we need to find that manager. Then we need to spend some more money on players who fit the bill. 

1 minute ago, MC11 said:

The players are there mate. Richarlison, Iwobi, Digne etc will run themselves into the ground. We’ve got some top plates. I think Kean the striker will come good too.

Keane is poor. Sigurdsson is technically a very good player but doesn’t dominate/dictate games he just floats in and out of them. We are a man down at times with him in the pitch. 

There's nowhere near enough of those good players though. Nowhere near

And by the way apart from being hard working I'm hugely disappointed with Iwobi. 

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

There's nowhere near enough of those good players though. Nowhere near

And by the way apart from being hard working I'm hugely disappointed with Iwobi. 

He’d be a pain in the arse to play against. Technically not fantastic but he puts himself about. 

Richarlison is absolute quality as is Digne. We’ll be ok

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If we go down I will have to walk away from this club while Moshiri is at the helm, I’ve supported this club for nearly 54 years and I’m finding it hard to recognise us and our values anymore. 
For me all he and his money has done has brought me misery. 

Palfy, I'm with you after 52 years supporting I endorse all you have said.

1 minute ago, MC11 said:

He’d be a pain in the arse to play against. Technically not fantastic but he puts himself about. 

Richarlison is absolute quality as is Digne. We’ll be ok

Glad you can be optimistic mate! Think we lack quality all over myself, glaringly so. And also the right characters. Need a new manager to fire up what we do have first then sort squad out. Keane, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun just have to go for me, better versions of all four and we'll look a different side