IGNORED

James Rodríguez

2 hours ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

“I will start training on Monday, I think”, Rodriguez explained .

“On the weekend I will not play, I don't even know who Everton is playing, can you please tell me?"

His head's not here anymore is it. Massive shame but best ship him out sooner rather than later. 

Is there footage of this though? I keep reading it but seeing no video. When he was saying “up the toffees” and “Liverpool is blue” the video was everywhere. 

Is this comes out to be true then bye!

Until the truth comes out though, I’ll stick to the actual facts I have saw so far. And that is Witt him saying he is training hard to make sure he is ready. 
He is also quoted as saying the Athletico rumours were rubbish and that he was quoting to inspire the team.

But if I see the quotes about him saying the above… then he is done with us and I’ll wave goodbye.

35 minutes ago, StevO said:

Is there footage of this though? I keep reading it but seeing no video. When he was saying “up the toffees” and “Liverpool is blue” the video was everywhere. 

Supposedly he said it in "his stream" which would be this I guess, but it's two and three quarter hours long and in Spanish so good luck finding it!

1 hour ago, StevO said:

No, not that I can find. There's no clips of his stream either. Not bothered looking much though.

29 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Flabbergasted if what he said was true - totally unprofessional. If he wants another team to come in for him, does he not even realise that this sort of unprofessionalism could be quite off putting for them.

I think if he'd actually said it someone would've isolated it by now and it'd be out there for all to see/hear, and it isn't (as far as I can see) so I call bullshit until proven wrong.

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Yes. Some fans have been desperately saying "Everton" he was referring to was a player. .  .

Hes a nob.

I did say that we would see Rafa make some surprising decisions to get the culture sorted, I don't think this was all Rafa though but he isn't gonna tolerate him. 

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not to the specific video but the guardian have run with it using the same text as printed in quotes in the Echo.

It doesn't look the type of text that could be misinterpreted. 

So why, as I asked above, hasn't anybody isolated it from the stream and provided the proof to back it up?

If I was a newspaper editor that would be the first thing I'd ask someone to do before publishing with no evidence to back it up, the stream's out there for everyone to see but nobody has presented proof. Makes no sense to me.

All this getting upset about this phrase or that phrase spoken by someone who speaks a different language and is from a very different culture. It's like watching an amateur soap opera.

The fact is that James Rodriguez is a world-class player, one of the best, and he's an Everton player! He was superb in some of our games last season, and his assist stats are excellent. Can we not rally around him, reinforce how glad we are that he's wearing an Everton shirt, and stop with over-analyzing everything the guy says, does, doesn't say, and doesn't do? 

46 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So why, as I asked above, hasn't anybody isolated it from the stream and provided the proof to back it up?

If I was a newspaper editor that would be the first thing I'd ask someone to do before publishing with no eveidence to back it up, the stream's out there for everyone to see but nobody has presented proof. Makes no sense to me.

This!! 
Everyone knows I’m a big fan of his (if you don’t like him on a football pitch do you even like football?) but the newspapers aren’t bothered if it’s true. They are bothered about the hits on their website with a story about one of the most famous sportsmen on the planet. 
Some of the reactions I’ve seen online are like a social media witch hunt! 

I still don’t understand why we don’t have a clip of this video yet. Why have Sky Sports not clipped it and played it on their transfer round ups? That’s the kind of crap they normally do. 

I’m not saying he hasn’t said this, but I’m not going to be believing it without seeing any evidence either. 

The media are absolutely desperate for James Rodriguez to leave little old Everton. James Rodriguez has never at any point expressed a desire to leave Everton. Stop siding with the media and support our player until the day he's not our player anymore. Nobody celebrates an Everton goal with more passion than him. Sick to death of us giving the benefit of the doubt to the fucking Everton-loathing media rather than him.  

I'm pretty sure if he did not say it his representatives would have been on to the likes of the guardian by now.  His social media platform is a business in itself.

I understand the need to think that he didn't say what he reportedly said and he meant something totally different but for me there are too many things pointing to him leaving.   

I waxed lyrical about him on here and rightly so, brilliant player with some of the best passes I've seen in a blue shirt. 

A few on here questioned his "too tired to play" and wanting to get subbed in games that didn't go so well.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt on that but for me he showed absolutely no desire for the team at the end of the season.  

He will be gone in the next week, Rafa has pretty much confirmed it. 

He will be gone mainly because it’s the managers wish not because of what he’s said or hasn’t said, if I had to give a yes or no on whether he said what is reported I’d say yes, he seems to turn to social media when he is surplus to requirements he did so at Real Madrid and Colombia and now us, it’s like his ego can’t accept the management don’t want him so he stirs the pot in the hope of getting the fans on his side and against the management. If I had to choose between him and Rafa at this moment in time on who I would want to stay it would be Rafa hands down, let’s get him sold for 5, 10 or 15 million and combined with his 220,000 a week let Rafa improve the team for the future because currently there is no future for James here who walks on a free at the end of the season. And I would feel that way if he hadn’t said anything wrong.  

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He will be gone mainly because it’s the managers wish not because of what he’s said or hasn’t said, if I had to give a yes or no on whether he said what is reported I’d say yes, he seems to turn to social media when he is surplus to requirements he did so at Real Madrid and Colombia and now us, it’s like his ego can’t accept the management don’t want him so he stirs the pot in the hope of getting the fans on his side and against the management. If I had to choose between him and Rafa at this moment in time on who I would want to stay it would be Rafa hands down, let’s get him sold for 5, 10 or 15 million and combined with his 220,000 a week let Rafa improve the team for the future because currently there is no future for James here who walks on a free at the end of the season. And I would feel that way if he hadn’t said anything wrong.  

Where did you find this?

Ive predominately seen his salary quoted as £4.6 ( roughly ) a week or £140,000 p/w. Still a lot of money mind you.

However James Rodriguez playing at or near his best, for 25 games of a the season pays his salary back easily in premier league points alone. This is before factoring in his commercial value.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Where did you find this?

Ive predominately seen his salary quoted as £4.6 ( roughly ) a week or £140,000 p/w. Still a lot of money mind you.

However James Rodriguez playing at or near his best, for 25 games of a the season pays his salary back easily in premier league points alone. This is before factoring in his commercial value.

It’s been quoted many times in articles that have been on here as well in recent weeks that he is on 220k a week.  

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Tell that to his managers of late and all but one would disagree with you and he was a lying cunt. 

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

If I was a newspaper editor that would be the first thing I'd ask someone to do before publishing with no eveidence to back it up, the stream's out there for everyone to see but nobody has presented proof. Makes no sense to me.

Because it doesn't exist. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

He doesn’t “turn to social media”, he’s never off it. When things are good or bad he’s always on his different online platforms, he has done so for years. It’s part of the reason he’s one of the most followed of all sportsmen on the planet. Fans ask him questions and he gives honest answers, and they love him for it. Nothing has changed there over the years apart from new platforms and more exposure for him, which has in turn brought exposure like the club has never had before.

If he goes I won’t be expecting a transfer fee. I have no doubt as we signed him on a free he’ll have clauses to say he can leave the same way to teams in the champions league. Not based on anything by the way, just a guess as he’s got very good agents. 

If the club wanted to recoup some of his big wages they should have done a better job of monetising his image. There should have been cheaper versions of the home shirt with his name on the back available all over the americas. They should have made him the number 10 straight away to align his image with the clubs. But after day one we just opened new social media accounts in Spanish and Portuguese (we should have done that years earlier anyway). The club could have made a killing on the back of his name but as always just didn’t do enough commercially. 

It sounds like the media and a section of fans are desperate not to see him in an Everton shirt. We do have this self implosive trait as fans and do our best to destroy anything good we have.

Anything the guy says is used against him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves. Why would you want to stay at a club that seems so intent to get rid of you.

We can be strange sometimes.

45 minutes ago, StevO said:

He doesn’t “turn to social media”, he’s never off it. When things are good or bad he’s always on his different online platforms, he has done so for years. It’s part of the reason he’s one of the most followed of all sportsmen on the planet. Fans ask him questions and he gives honest answers, and they love him for it. Nothing has changed there over the years apart from new platforms and more exposure for him, which has in turn brought exposure like the club has never had before.

If he goes I won’t be expecting a transfer fee. I have no doubt as we signed him on a free he’ll have clauses to say he can leave the same way to teams in the champions league. Not based on anything by the way, just a guess as he’s got very good agents. 

If the club wanted to recoup some of his big wages they should have done a better job of monetising his image. There should have been cheaper versions of the home shirt with his name on the back available all over the americas. They should have made him the number 10 straight away to align his image with the clubs. But after day one we just opened new social media accounts in Spanish and Portuguese (we should have done that years earlier anyway). The club could have made a killing on the back of his name but as always just didn’t do enough commercially. 

Well if he can cheap or even on a free there not queuing to get him. 

He said it, you can watch it here: https://colombia.as.com/colombia/2021/08/20/futbol/1629426691_372926.html (after about 45 seconds)

It's hardly a surprise that he didn't know if he's being excluded from training with the first team. He's not being involved in the preparation for the match, presumably because the club wants it that way, so why should he know?

Just now, tonyh said:

He said it, you can watch it here: https://colombia.as.com/colombia/2021/08/20/futbol/1629426691_372926.html (after about 45 seconds)

It's hardly a surprise that he didn't know if he's being excluded from training with the first team. He's not being involved in the preparation for the match, presumably because the club wants it that way, so why should he know?

I'm not surprised, because he looks like this type of player - Unprofessional. There's a reason Colombian NT didn't called him for the Copa. There's a reason he didn't make it in bigger clubs. There's a reason his fitness is shit. There's a reason he doesn't know who Everton are playing against, and that's not because he's being excluded from training, but because of his lack of interest in the job he's being employed for.