IGNORED

James Rodríguez

20 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Everton all over at the moment. 

Well it does make sense, but it's not a sense I like. It means that this was all pre-mediated, like going back to August last year, that Carlo was Reals target and it was just a matter of going through the motions. Which makes me nauseous, but also explains the lack of transfer activity in January and what can now be seen as a complete nonchalance for results. Not only the lies from Carlo, but that the club was complicit. My rage has been replaced with feeling genuinely sick. 

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think the players knew from the turn of the year, looking back. I think Everton were just had by Real and Carlo.

Well, no. If, and its a big if that I've not seen verified officially, Carlo had a clause in his contract to go for free to Real, it's all been planned. This isn't a "If they come knocking", this is "when they come knocking" and has saved Real millions even though they didn't get a transfer fee for James. All of that will have been negotiated and signed off by the club. Everton have not been had in the slightest, they have been complicit. All of this means, IF this conspiracy theory is actually accurate, the fans have been shafted by Real, Carlo, James and our own fucking club. 

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well, no. If, and its a big if that I've not seen verified officially, Carlo had a clause in his contract to go for free to Real, it's all been planned. This isn't a "If they come knocking", this is "when they come knocking" and has saved Real millions even though they didn't get a transfer fee for James. All of that will have been negotiated and signed off by the club. Everton have not been had in the slightest, they have been complicit. All of this means, IF this conspiracy theory is actually accurate, the fans have been shafted by Real, Carlo, James and our own fucking club. 

I mean, I don't think there was a clause in Carlo's contract, I just think Real knew end of last year that Zidan was going to leave, and that they wanted Carlo to take over. I think they made enquiries with Carlo earlier this year, and he said yes. I think the players knew or suspected which is why we saw a drop off in form from some of them.

I don't think there is a clause for James to go back to Real on a free. I just think he will go because he wants to go. Real will get him back on much reduced wages.

As James really struggles to stay fit, and Real have a huge pull and (even though massively in debt) have a huge budget, I just don’t see them wanting him. I’d see them trying to buy Pogba or Mane before trying to bring James back. I could be wrong, I hope I am as I still want to see him play in the flesh, but I just don’t see him going there. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I'm not sure if the translated version of this comes through but basically it is saying that James is being offered to other clubs by his agent.

No reason to leave to any of them other than Atletico. Don't believe it.

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

No reason to leave to any of them other than Atletico. Don't believe it.

If you are going to finish mid-table, I would prefer to do it in Italy! 

There is no way he is going to Atletico though, could you imagine him and Simeone!? 

27 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If you are going to finish mid-table, I would prefer to do it in Italy! 

There is no way he is going to Atletico though, could you imagine him and Simeone!? 

That's who he was close to going to but real wouldn't sell to them.

Was watching some of his highlights from last season...:the amount of time he shifted it to his left foot and sprayed the ball out to the left wing is unbelievable. Was incredibly accurate.

In one clip there were 2 Everton players on the left (he was right wing half way line) the easy ball was to the player (Digne I think) just past the half way line but he played the more difficult ball to a more advanced player...that's the difference between slow build up and an incisive one. 

53 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Was watching some of his highlights from last season...:the amount of time he shifted it to his left foot and sprayed the ball out to the left wing is unbelievable. Was incredibly accurate.

In one clip there were 2 Everton players on the left (he was right wing half way line) the easy ball was to the player (Digne I think) just past the half way line but he played the more difficult ball to a more advanced player...that's the difference between slow build up and an incisive one. 

I dont think anyone would argue that he's easily our best attacking player, maybe ever, IF he's fit. Which he wasn't most of the time. Which is why if he goes, it's not the end of the world.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

I dont think anyone would argue that he's easily our best attacking player, maybe ever, IF he's fit. Which he wasn't most of the time. Which is why if he goes, it's not the end of the world.

Yep, indifferent if he stays or goes in my eyes. Same with Kean.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

When he was on the pitch he did his job. The only issue was him not staying fit. No issue with performance or effort from me. He was by far our most consistent creative force. I for one will be gutted to see him go if he does. We don’t have enough creative players as it is, finding more won’t be easy. 

He was our most creative player, an area we seriously lack quality players in. If he wanted to stay and play I would love him to as he is genuinely world class. I just think that he came to work with Carlo and the promise of European football this season. With neither now happening I don't think he wants to be here, so best for him to go and us to find other players.