IGNORED

James Rodríguez

2 hours ago, StevO said:

If he’s talking in Spanish he’s probably said “bien”, which covers so many words. Good, ok, well, it’s hard to tell. 

You would be correct.

"¿Volver al Madrid con Ancelotti? No sé. Yo creo que no, estamos viendo. Si me quedo otro año más ahí, en el Everton, está bien"

Going back to Madrid with Ancelotti? I don't know. I think not, we're watching. If I stay another year there, at Everton, that's fine.

It is still a little strange that he says "If" and that he is "watching" what happens with Ancelotti. Does anyone on here speak Spanish to see if it is just a dodgy translation?

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You would be correct.

"¿Volver al Madrid con Ancelotti? No sé. Yo creo que no, estamos viendo. Si me quedo otro año más ahí, en el Everton, está bien"

Going back to Madrid with Ancelotti? I don't know. I think not, we're watching. If I stay another year there, at Everton, that's fine.

It is still a little strange that he says "If" and that he is "watching" what happens with Ancelotti. Does anyone on here speak Spanish to see if it is just a dodgy translation?

I’ve been learning Spanish for a few months, it’s the only reason I knew about bien being very wide open. But I’m very limited. 
I think it’s more a case of how it’s interpreted, can see it from a positive or negative point of view, rather than how it’s translated. If that makes sense. 

Would need to hear the clip to know whether the "we're watching" is just a loose tongue as we often add unnecessary waffle when talking, or whether he emphasised on it. If he's not emphasised on it then there's very little to read into.

If he spoke English I think he'd be saying something close to this. 

probably not, we'll see. I'm happy to stay at Everton for another year.

52 minutes ago, StevO said:

Why?

You have to work bloody hard in his team’s, whether you’ve got the ball or not he expects every player to work, he won’t accept Ancelotti’s view that there’s no point me asking him to chase and defend because he won’t do it, or similar to them words, that simply will not be acceptable in a Nuno team. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You have to work bloody hard in his team’s, whether you’ve got the ball or not he expects every player to work, he won’t accept Ancelotti’s view that there’s no point me asking him to chase and defend because he won’t do it, or similar to them words, that simply will not be acceptable in a Nuno team. 

I take your point but Nuno has never had a player of James's quality before.

It will be interesting to see how the new manager handles the different personalities in the squad.

Personally I expect James to play if he is fit, you cant not use a player with his skills.

6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It will be interesting to see how the new manager handles the different personalities in the squad.

Personally I expect James to play if he is fit, you cant not use a player with his skills.

You can ask Real Madrid and Colombia, Jota has great ability and works his arse off. He will get an opportunity any manager would be silly not to do so. 

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Me too. So many teams make concessions for a player with match winning ability. Not quite the same level, but Barca don’t expect Messi to be tracking back and running the hard yards. 
The start of last season our players seemed quite happy to do the running for James and let him help win the game. 

If Nuno fancies himself as a top manager then he can find a way to make it work. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

You can ask Real Madrid and Colombia, Jota has great ability and works his arse off. 

But he was a regular at Madrid playing the same way for his first couple of seasons there. He has been a regular for Colombia his whole career until about two weeks ago playing the same. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

But he was a regular at Madrid playing the same way for his first couple of seasons there. He has been a regular for Colombia his whole career until about two weeks ago playing the same. 

Maybe but football and styles change the best players change with them, there will be a team a manager somewhere that will work with his work ethic Ancelotti for one, but Nuno not imo he demands more out of his players.  

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Maybe but football and styles change the best players change with them, there will be a team a manager somewhere that will work with his work ethic Ancelotti for one, but Nuno not imo he demands more out of his players.  

Been watching a lot of Wolves yeah? 😂

One thing doesn’t change. Managers like match winners. He is one. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s not just taking it to the extreme it’s taking it completely out of the context of realityimage.png.90ef06af730d3a58c776663762553229.png

How so? We're talking luxury players and I give the example the ultimate luxury player and acknowledge it's not a realistic comparison. Where's the lack of context?

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

How so? We're talking luxury players and I give the example the ultimate luxury player and acknowledge it's not a realistic comparison. Where's the lack of context?

For me Best was a lot more than a luxury player he had it all, watch his archives he was one of the hardest workers on the pitch, he chased harried and tackled he put a huge shift in, if I was looking for a comparison in today’s football I would choose Ronaldo, the difference being Ronaldo had to train hard for it and Best it was natural.