IGNORED

Manchester City (Away) Wednesday January 1st

markjazzbassist

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not too disheartened with this. They at a different class, but we’ve had a few moments and haven’t got blown away like I thought we would. 

This. So many negative comments in this thread. We lost 2-1 to a good city team with a injury ridden squad. Made them sweat in the end. Silva playing our old formation we prolly lose that game 10-0.

7 minutes ago, barryj said:

It’s not about having a boo boy he’s just positionally absence minded.

What because city have good movement and that’s his fault? Read certain people’s posts on here. He sets up a goal and apparently it’s an average ball. He’s this he’s that. Gilfi does fuck all again and nobody says owt

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

If anything it shows how short we are in centre midfield. Sigurdsson, Delph and Davies were totally outclassed today and couldn't get anywhere near them. City were cutting us apart at will. Can't blame the defenders, we couldn't get the ball forward at all

Agree we are short but City’s midfield would outclass and cut apart most midfields.

Carlo needs time.

Obviously never happy to lose a game but Manchester City are an incredible side, regardless of how much they have struggled this season (although not at the Etihad). I'm frustrated that we didn't ask more of Bravo as even with nothing to do all game he gifted us a goal but overall just one of those games that we have to move on from. 

I thought we were good first half, very mature as I alluded to in my earlier post but it seems as though City went up a gear and we went down another. Very sloppy in the 45-60 minute stage of the game and by that time Jesus has punished us twice, when we recovered and looked lively the game had already gone. 

Davies looked off the pace but was thrown into the game at the last minute to be fair to him, Sidibe was really poor but he seems to be either hot or cold with no inbetween, hopefully he bounces back against Brighton. Impressed with DCL too, didn't have much to work with but managed to put his stamp on the game - not bothered about his tackle either, very lucky to stay on the pitch but that nastiness is what we have been lacking. Don't want to cause injuries or harm of course but any defender thinking twice about going near our attacker can only be a good thing. 

Still looking forward to Brighton, a very winnable game at the Old Lady with Carlo at the helm. Happy 2020 to everyone on ToffeeTalk too, hope this year is the best yet. Never give up, follow your dreams. Don't take life too seriously and always find ways to be happy. 

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

BBC text..

"Dominic Calvert-Lewin flies in on a challenge on Fabian Delph.

A definite yellow, but it was in the orange territory IMO."

:huh:

Sounded like McManaman on BT Sport with "The penny will drop for Moise Kean soon, or it won't and he'll be sold". 

It's not a terrible performance just not a great one. City are a great side, even with the changes so games like that can happen.  

I thought Mina played well, I actually thought Delph did as much as he could too, and Davies improved when he moved centrally. 

Sidibe was as poor as I have seen him, Holgate had one of those games he has with several novicey moments, Gylfi was well below form and the front two couldn't get anything to stick. 

I think the biggest shame today is that it just never felt as if we had a proper go but with that midfield it's no surprise. 

51 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

If anything it shows how short we are in centre midfield. Sigurdsson, Delph and Davies were totally outclassed today and couldn't get anywhere near them. City were cutting us apart at will. Can't blame the defenders, we couldn't get the ball forward at all

On paper before the game any football fan worth his salt could have told you that

I think it was a poor performance by all, Charlie held nothing up and had the touch of Lukaku, his goal covered up a very poor show by him.

Having said that no one was any good tonight.

We need a left back not only because LB is at the end, LD needs cover on that side and resting at times, i think Stevens at seff utd woud be a good buy.

Also a CB someone like Mings from AV, and off load M Keane, stating the obvious i know but its got to be done.

We never lost by 4 or 5 tonight because Silva, Sergio, and Sterling were on the bench.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

What because city have good movement and that’s his fault? Read certain people’s posts on here. He sets up a goal and apparently it’s an average ball. He’s this he’s that. Gilfi does fuck all again and nobody says owt

Mate your not reading. Gylfi gets roasts non stop. He gets much more criticism than Sidibe does. People were calling for them both to be subbed at half time.

Sidibe was crap today. Deserves criticism. So does Davies, Richarlison and Mina for me.  

20 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Mate your not reading. Gylfi gets roasts non stop. He gets much more criticism than Sidibe does. People were calling for them both to be subbed at half time.

Sidibe was crap today. Deserves criticism. So does Davies, Richarlison and Mina for me.  

I can read just fine, read through the match thread and see who gets more stick. We play one of the worlds best teams today. Our most expensive player was invisible again which makes it harder for our defence because they have no outlet but sidibe gets hammered non stop. 

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

He has been equal with Davies as the two worst players. Davies more as he has ghosted it, Sidibe for just being awful.

Don’t let Gylfi off the hook his contribution was non existent when he went off we got a foothold in the game. 
And Davies improved when Gylfi was removed and he could be in a more central role, I did say Davies should be subbed after the 1st half because he was headless playing on the left. 

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Mina got bullied by players half his height. When no one challenged him, he just fell over. Looked like he was wearing the wrong boots.

Mina got bullied you having a laugh he was the best defender of the 5 who were put out there, Mahrez was crying because he was getting shoved around so much, who did you see bullying him?

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Mina got bullied you having a laugh he was the best defender of the 5 who were put out there, Mahrez was crying because he was getting shoved around so much, who did you see bullying him?

No I’m not. he was on the floor more than Richarlison. Any slight touch and he went down. Did you see him slip over when no one was even near him? Even the wind bullied him.

But it’s cute that you think he bullied big tough Mahrez haha. 

Good example is the disallows goal.

You probably missed those while you were getting another drink.

As if we needed any more evidence that three slow as shit players in midfield will seriously hinder you... Tbf to Davies, he just looked massively tired and was playing in a position he shouldn't have been due to the Bernie injury. But the other two were just their usual selves. Our defending was shite and it's a wonder we only conceded 2 goals - Mina was an absolute donkey imo, Holgate was affected by that I thought and didn't do much better, Coleman was ok but really needs to remember he's not quick anymore, Sidibe had a shitter as well. 

The only positive I'll take from it is that we managed to score.

I'm not going to dwell on this one at all though. City are a much better side than us, even with the changes, there's no getting away from that. We're still finding our feet under a new manager. We still have a lot of shit players that are playing every week. And we're coming off having to expend a lot of energy over the past few games to drag ourselves out of the shit we found ourselves in. It's not the end of the world and I won't be reading anything into it.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

No I’m not. he was on the floor more than Richarlison. Any slight touch and he went down. Did you see him slip over when no one was even near him? Even the wind bullied him.

But it’s cute that you think he bullied big tough Mahrez haha. 

Good example is the disallows goal.

You probably missed those while you were getting another drink.

😂 I was quite tipsy 🥴 before the game started in Male the capital it was 10.30 that Atoll of Islands 🌴 I’m on it was 11.30.

Any how stop 🛑 biting your worse than the sharks 🦈 out here. 

I thought we’d lose, and we didn’t really do enough for large parts. However, lots of factors inc injuries, contribute to that. 
we don’t have much of the ball but I was disappointed with how poor the passing was when we did finally get it. 
That said,  under Silva we’d have got smashed by 4 or 5. 
I still can’t believe we’ve got Carlo. Good times ahead. Excited for 2nd half of season 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

😂 I was quite tipsy 🥴 before the game started in Male the capital it was 10.30 that Atoll of Islands 🌴 I’m on it was 11.30.

Any how stop 🛑 biting your worse than the sharks 🦈 out here. 

I spent the whole day recovering from New Year’s Eve. In the cold damp of England haha. Just lay and watched football all day feeling sorry for myself.