IGNORED

West Ham (Away) Saturday January 18th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Surely time is up for Moise Kean. He can't score against West Ham, one of the very worst teams in the league. 

He had very little to work with. Most promising performance from him, though I know that could be seen in another light. No midfield = no wings = no frontal support. 

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Stop bumming him, he's not gonna do it. It's time to accept this as fact. It's just one of those things. Get him sold on and get a player who knows what the goal looks like.

I'm not bumming him.... I'm accepting that at 19 years old in a new country 3rd manager in less than 6 months he has to be given time.

Sell for what and to who? If he was 29 then I would still be looking to give him time.  But he is 19..... 19. He's a kid.  Would club he saying sell Anthony Gordon or Lewis Gibson? 

It was difficult to see what the plan was. Mina had obviously been told to bring the ball out, and they’d been told to keep possession in the back third, but that just let West Ham press us too much and it brought pressure on us in the first half. Frustrating that Carlo didn’t change it, but far worse was the wet, weak and halfhearted way in that we played. Can’t blame Carlo for that. We were just lucky that the Hammers are bollocks and got away with a drawer.  Also anyone that thinks we should get rid of Pickford, even for 90m, is out fo their minds. He’s a brilliant keeper and we’d have been beaten many more times this season without him. We are lucky to have him. The only player that has performed consistently well in this chuck money about everywhere period of the club.

Just got back on the coach. I feel sorry for Carlo because he hasn’t got the players. Our central midfield was non existent. Davies will never be a consistent premier league midfielder. Coleman’s legs have gone and digne didn’t look interested. Holgate, Mina DCl and kean were the only players that were up for it. 

From the first minute I was worried about us playing around with it at the back. We’ve not got the personnel for that right now and it played right into WH Hands. We’re skills have been missing out our useless midfield and forcing them to turn and chase DCL and Kean. I suspect Carlo Will feel that Bernard really let him down. Tactics appeared to be to get him free in the pocket and dictating play but he just kept losing the ball and turning it over in awful positions. 

DCL and Kean will need a lot more time together, never seemed on the same page. 

Mina and Holgate we’re both very solid defensively and Pickford has to save us a couple times.   

- missing our best player in richarlison

- midfield is still non-existent and delph was awful per usual

- still no quality RW options as walcott is a joke

- used a FB at RW because our squad is so bare

because of all of that i am happy with the result.  we fought, we gave it a go, we scored a goal and fought back after being down.  get some healthy players back and some reinforcements and we are a different side.  on to the next

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

That’s how bad the two in midfield did today 

You must have seen something in the Liverpool match I didn't to think Schneiderlin would do any better. I've quoted the stats elsewhere - 11 Prem appearances for him this season, 2 wins. Keep him well away. If Gbamin isn't back soon, and the silence on him suggests he's not, I'd be looking at loan options this month rather than play Schneiderlin. 

Just now, nogs said:

You must have seen something in the Liverpool match I didn't to think Schneiderlin would do any better. I've quoted the stats elsewhere - 11 Prem appearances for him this season, 2 wins. Keep him well away. If Gbamin isn't back soon, and the silence on him suggests he's not, I'd be looking at loan options this month rather than play Schneiderlin. 

My stream was awful for the u23 humiliation but today it was clear and two things were clear; I could’ve done better than Davies and Delph combined, and I can’t even go to sleep without breaking something or fucking up in some way. That’s how bad they were and Morgan, depending on which clone turns up, isn’t close to that - even the bad one

See the West Ham fans had a pre-match protest against the owners, understandable.

They do themselves zero favours by the fact that they (and Karen Brady) sit on what appear to be totally private "throne" areas to watch the games. I know Bill and Fahrad have more comfy seats than the rest of the fans in the directors box at Goodison but there's no comparison. Embarrassing.

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

From the first minute I was worried about us playing around with it at the back

That’s the way Ancelotti plays the game, and he hasn’t come here to change his style of play he’s come here to change the team’s style of play to his way. 
I think we will have to see a lot more of this as he makes the adjustments, and the players will either come good or be replaced. 

We need a brand new pair of central midfielders BADLY! Even if Gomes and Gbamin come good once fit, we need more options, because those we have right now are not good enough for backup. I would keep Davies as a fifth option only because he's homegrown and still young. As soon as Delph, Sig and Morgan leave the better.

So on the coach making my way back to sunny Bournemouth.

Bored and nothing else to do apart from give you people my thoughts on today’s game.

Before I do that, I must say you die hard season ticket owners must have the patience of angles! I couldn’t do that every week.

Pickford- some great saves and one of his better games. One stupid moment where he came to punch and was a light year away. Fortunate that Holgate was on the line to clear up. 8/10

Mina- woeful! Can’t pass and goes down like a piece of shit. Again kicked the ball out of play trying to play a simple pass to Coleman. Not good today 4/10.

Holgate- by far the better of the CB. Involved in the equaliser and looks much more comfortable on the ball than Mina. Still too weak as a CB IMO. Easily bossed in the air by most CF.7/10

Digne/ Coleman- both rated about the same to me. Nothing spectacular and nothing great. 6/10

Davies. Not my favourite player but today just proved why. Slow in everything he does. Gave the ball away today twice in dangerous positions, only the fact it was against West Ham  we wasn’t punished. He does try but he’s a championship player at best. I know because of injuries we have no other options. 4/10

Delph- like most has an awful first half. Stupid free kick that lead to there goal but that’s just him. Dive in and think about it later. Much better second half but still a player who needs to be shown the door. 5/10

Bernard- woeful- dreadful no just fucking awful! Was that the same player who played against Brighton? Rightly subbed and a game to forget 3/10

Walcott- cant remember seeing anything good from him, nor that bad- actually can’t remember much about him at all. 3/10

DCL- another goal but a very quiet game. Tippy tappy shit at the back must be frustrating. Heads was on plate but still had to be in that position at the right time 6/10

Keen- has a chance today in the starting 11. Wow how he blew it. I don’t care how young he is! He isn’t going to make a prem  footballer! He not quick, he’s not strong, he’s not a clever footballer to assist others! He is not a premiership footballer. Was he marking West Ham player for their goal? 3/10

Subs

Gordon- so pleased to see him get a half but left midfield I’m not sure about. Always gave the simple ball which a young lad might do. Needs more game time to flourish.5/10

Sidebe- 4/10 nothing to report home about.

Niasse- wow just wow. Get Carlo in and we talk about getting in worldies!! We bring on Oumar!!laughing stock 3/10

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

We need a brand new pair of central midfielders BADLY! Even if Gomes and Gbamin come good once fit, we need more options, because those we have right now are not good enough for backup. I would keep Davies as a fifth option only because he's homegrown and still young. As soon as Delph, Sig and Morgan leave the better.

Central midfield was non existent. Everyone could see that. We are so slow when we win the ball back and counter attack it’s painful. 

41 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Keans not quick? Wow. Sidibe put more balls into the box when he came on than anyone. Oh and blaming kean for their goal is a joke aswell considering we’ve gone back to zonal marking.

I said was Kean marking player for their goal? I haven’t seen replay! 

And no he isn’t quick at all! I haven’t seen him go past a defender with his pace since he signed. 

would Juve have let him go if he was that good? 

Iffy game today really, wasn't it? Didn't at all get going, looked clumbersome and a bit lost at times.

I think the CM was a huge problem for us today. Delph didn't do anything of note. Davies tries to do stuff but just can't. Between them, they gave the ball away far too much. But hey, it's been an issue for a while now. Made worse by Gana and McCarthy doing well elsewhere. Poor Bernard, West Ham had his number and marked him out if it, and he's not helped by the above 2.

At the back, I'm not sure Mina is suited to this pass along the back routine. It doesn't look natural to him and he gave some hospital balls in there. Holgate, on the other hand, is taking himself to new levels. The way he brings the ball out looks natural, his range of passing is growing and is mostly accurate. These two are a good partnership, one is big and bullish, the other smaller and silky.

The two up top. I think more games together and they'd look shit loads better. Kean tried so hard, too hard I think, and had many good moments in the first half but seemed knackered in the 2nd. DCL just did his thing again. But he and Richarlison are definately a good fit.

Who else? Walcott. Yeah. Walcott. Guys a fuckin fanny.

We need to up our game. Gotta be honest, I'm not overly keen on this passing around the back, just because we've seen it so often and it just doesn't suit us. I see the point in it at the right times, but we seem to keep playing ourselves into trouble with it.

At the end if the day, 5 points off 5th. We're in a much better place than we have been. You can see signs in there that, if we can get to the point of not having to play certain players, then we'll look a real nice team.

Unfortunately, we do have to play certain players. And it's such a punch in the guts that, after living the dream and splashing £500million, we have such a poor squad. I mean, Niasse as the only option to come on up top? C'mon now. That bit of hope sailed away years ago.

People moaning about the midfield yet they had no help, neither Delph or Davies played particularly badly (of all the starters I'd only say Kean and Digne were poor). It was the tactics more than the players, 442 wasn't working with Kean being more a hindrance than an outlet and us being overrun in midfield. There was very little understanding with both DCL and Bernard struggling with Kean, Bernard also not helped by Digne who made Zabaleta look a world beater.

Unsure if fitness played an issue too, wouldn't be surprised if we've pushed the players a little too much getting them fit but they've not quite recovered so it's had the opposite effect. 

15 hours ago, milesey05 said:

So on the coach making my way back to sunny Bournemouth.

Bored and nothing else to do apart from give you people my thoughts on today’s game.

Before I do that, I must say you die hard season ticket owners must have the patience of angles! I couldn’t do that every week.

Pickford- some great saves and one of his better games. One stupid moment where he came to punch and was a light year away. Fortunate that Holgate was on the line to clear up. 8/10

Mina- woeful! Can’t pass and goes down like a piece of shit. Again kicked the ball out of play trying to play a simple pass to Coleman. Not good today 4/10.

Holgate- by far the better of the CB. Involved in the equaliser and looks much more comfortable on the ball than Mina. Still too weak as a CB IMO. Easily bossed in the air by most CF.7/10

Digne/ Coleman- both rated about the same to me. Nothing spectacular and nothing great. 6/10

Davies. Not my favourite player but today just proved why. Slow in everything he does. Gave the ball away today twice in dangerous positions, only the fact it was against West Ham  we wasn’t punished. He does try but he’s a championship player at best. I know because of injuries we have no other options. 4/10

Delph- like most has an awful first half. Stupid free kick that lead to there goal but that’s just him. Dive in and think about it later. Much better second half but still a player who needs to be shown the door. 5/10

Bernard- woeful- dreadful no just fucking awful! Was that the same player who played against Brighton? Rightly subbed and a game to forget 3/10

Walcott- cant remember seeing anything good from him, nor that bad- actually can’t remember much about him at all. 3/10

DCL- another goal but a very quiet game. Tippy tappy shit at the back must be frustrating. Heads was on plate but still had to be in that position at the right time 6/10

Keen- has a chance today in the starting 11. Wow how he blew it. I don’t care how young he is! He isn’t going to make a prem  footballer! He not quick, he’s not strong, he’s not a clever footballer to assist others! He is not a premiership footballer. Was he marking West Ham player for their goal? 3/10

Subs

Gordon- so pleased to see him get a half but left midfield I’m not sure about. Always gave the simple ball which a young lad might do. Needs more game time to flourish.5/10

Sidebe- 4/10 nothing to report home about.

Niasse- wow just wow. Get Carlo in and we talk about getting in worldies!! We bring on Oumar!!laughing stock 3/10

So in summary Milesey you had a great trip to the big smoke.😂