IGNORED

Niels Nkounkou

19 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It must be the 'new maths'. Under-21 always meant 20, 19, 18, 17, etc., namely a number less than 21. But Nkounkou is 22. 🤔

My understanding is the age group covers the age at the start of the footballing season or qualifying campaign. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. Neil’s turned 22 in November, so I’m sure that will be a part of it.  

• 4 weeks later...

He has scores some great goals this past couple of weeks. I believe he already got player of the month in March and given the goal scoring exploits this month is a strong candidate for April as well. Good loan spell for the lad, and can only increase his value. 

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Sadly I don’t think that level is far below some our first team players at the moment mate. 

It probably isn't but I think it's very telling that we cut short his loan at a Championship club to send him to the second division in France.

It looks like we're just trying to get him in front of eyes at home so we can ship him off there permanently in the summer.

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I assume there was a loan to buy option in the contract, but that's just a guess. 

Niels always looked like a good prospect and has been scoring some great goals in Ligue 2, shame that we look set to sell him.

Exactly, if we signed a 21/22 year old with the stats he has produced this season I think most of us would be optimistic he could provide something around the first team, even if it is the 2nd tier in France. 

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not sure why a French publication would try and do that.

Have you read the article on L'Equipe? 

I have had a quick google and cant see anything from them about it. I dont speak French and I am not sure how easy it would be to find but I can't see it. 

I have also gone on the twitter handle for L'Equipe and I can't see it there either.

It just sounds like BS. 

• 1 month later...