IGNORED

Sergio Romero

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If Pickford is so bad why would we be getting any where near 40m for him, are we living in the twilight zone or reality. 

Haha I know. I love that idea. 
We’ve seen it with Barkley and Stones too. They are shit, just sell them for £50m and buy someone else for half that who’s just as good. 🤔

1 hour ago, StevO said:

We’ve seen it with Barkley and Stones too. They are shit, just sell them for £50m and buy someone else for half that who’s just as good. 🤔

That's actually exactly how you have to run a club like ours. Sell high and buy low. Considering the impact Barkley and Stones have made on their respective clubs those were great transfers. Especially because Barkley was just going to run his contract down anyway. Not to mention Rodwell, Lukaku, and Fellaini. We f***ed up by buying the wrong replacements. Apparently Romero is available for 8m and we could sell Pickford for 25-30m. He's England no. 1 that inflates his value right there. 

16 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

That's actually exactly how you have to run a club like ours. Sell high and buy low. Considering the impact Barkley and Stones have made on their respective clubs those were great transfers. Especially because Barkley was just going to run his contract down anyway. Not to mention Rodwell, Lukaku, and Fellaini. We f***ed up by buying the wrong replacements. Apparently Romero is available for 8m and we could sell Pickford for 25-30m. He's England no. 1 that inflates his value right there. 

If you want to make a profit great. Sell a player for 30m and buy a cheap replacement. 
Im not interested in the club getting value. I’m interested in the points on the board and what happens on the pitch. 

Stones and Barkley were just two examples of “they are shit but let’s sell them for 50m”

30 minutes ago, StevO said:

If you want to make a profit great. Sell a player for 30m and buy a cheap replacement. 
Im not interested in the club getting value. I’m interested in the points on the board and what happens on the pitch. 

Stones and Barkley were just two examples of “they are shit but let’s sell them for 50m”

No doubt about it. First and foremost I believe Sergio Romero gives us a better chance to earn points than Jordan Pickford. To make a profit on top of that is awesome is my point. Not often you can make improve a position and make a profit.  

5 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

No doubt about it. First and foremost I believe Sergio Romero gives us a better chance to earn points than Jordan Pickford. To make a profit on top of that is awesome is my point. Not often you can make improve a position and make a profit.  

How would we make a profit if we sell for less than we paid. 

The thing to wary of with Romero is that you don't see him week in week out. You seem him for a game here and a game there and then he goes back on the bench for a couple of months until its a cup week.

Its definitely not easy coming in for a game here and there but its a lot easier than playing 90 minutes and keeping those levels. United wouldn't get rid of him if they didn't believe he was capable of being their number one and they seem him week in, week out. 

He didn't even play in the big cup games for Utd either. When they got close they dropped him.

He has played two Premier League games in 3 seasons. One of them was a dead rubber and the other he got sent off in. 

As I have said before he looks solid when I have seen him but the truth with him is we just haven't see enough of him to say with certainty whether he is better or worse than Pickford or even Lossl.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

The thing to wary of with Romero is that you don't see him week in week out. You seem him for a game here and a game there and then he goes back on the bench for a couple of months until its a cup week.

Its definitely not easy coming in for a game here and there but its a lot easier than playing 90 minutes and keeping those levels. United wouldn't get rid of him if they didn't believe he was capable of being their number one and they seem him week in, week out. 

He didn't even play in the big cup games for Utd either. When they got close they dropped him.

He has played two Premier League games in 3 seasons. One of them was a dead rubber and the other he got sent off in. 

As I have said before he looks solid when I have seen him but the truth with him is we just haven't see enough of him to say with certainty whether he is better or worse than Pickford or even Lossl.

Pissing into the wind, Bailey. I’ve said the same thing many times. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

holgate was 1.5m and is better than stones, so yes we did do that.  barkley forced his way out by not signing the contract, nothing to do there, we wanted him to stay so i don't think that is the same as pickford.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

holgate was 1.5m and is better than stones, so yes we did do that.  barkley forced his way out by not signing the contract, nothing to do there, we wanted him to stay so i don't think that is the same as pickford.

😂 we didn’t replace Stones with Holgate. 
Stones left in 2016 and Holgate made the first team on a regular basis four years later. 
We replaced John Stones with the much cheaper Ashley Williams. 

• 1 month later...
On 05/10/2020 at 14:39, Hoof_It_Nev said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54420252

Sergio Romero & Paulo Gazzaniga being considered as Pickford competition

It feels like neither Man Ushitehead or Tott&him wanted to do business with us because they now see us as a different proposition this season, hmmm.
A back handed compliment if there ever was one. Highlight's how the tide may slowly be shifting

C O Y B

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...