IGNORED

Fleetwood (League Cup Away) Wednesday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

We have a very favorable draw here and after this.  Play the reserves and keep some strong options on the bench.  play keane and mina to build that partnership more.  throw bolasie in there, can't be any worse than walcott was.  gordon injured so play iwobi.

Virginia

Kenny Keane Mina Niels

delph

bernard          gylfi

bolasie kean iwobi

Can't see Siggy playing this one following his recent family news. Is Mina fully fit - if not I think we may need to play with Coleman or Digne at CB but still start with Kenny and Niels at FBs.

Iwobi needs to start on the right to see if he can produce anything - Walcott doesn't deserve too after the Salford game. Bernard through the middle again as he looked good there Gordon on left again, Kean in the middle and then 1 of Davies/Delph/Gomes with Doucoure.

I wonder if it is worth playing Besic in the middle to get him in the shop window a little - yes he will be cuptied but I am not sure he will be going to a top English team who will worry about this?

6 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Can't see Siggy playing this one following his recent family news.

His brother in law died on September 8th, before the Spurs game yet he played on without taking time away from the team (something which should really be applauded IMO). 

If he's fit, then he'll play. 

Let's hope so but why can't he just go on Thursday now that we only have two fit CBs? Go let him train at Reading today and meet his teammates. Bring him back tmw to go over tactics and start him on Wednesday. Thursday make it official with Reading and let him go for the season. Reading were eliminated last round so being cup-tied is irrelevant now. 

14 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Let's hope so but why can't he just go on Thursday now that we only have two fit CBs? Go let him train at Reading today and meet his teammates. Bring him back tmw to go over tactics and start him on Wednesday. Thursday make it official with Reading and let him go for the season. Reading were eliminated last round so being cup-tied is irrelevant now. 

If you do that you risk getting him injured, otherwise I agree 

Yes, it's my hobby horse, but this cup tie is a prime example of why it's important to focus in order to succeed. Our game this weekend is really important. Both Palace and Everton have had good starts, each beating a so-called top team away, and both trying to break out of mid-table anonymity. It's absolutely essential we win that game, and nothing must be allowed to get in the way. If at all possible, I don't want us to start against Fleetwood any of those who might play against Palace - including subs - unless they need it for confidence (e.g., Kean). Bring in Besic and Gibson (as mentioned above). Bring in Simms and Gordon and Beningame and Bolasie. Don't do anything to disrupt preparations for the weekend game.

PS - Palace were knocked out against Bournemouth, so they have the luxury of a full week of preparation against us. I'm sure they realize the importance of the weekend game, too.

30 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Because there’s a break clause in the loan deal in January. So we can either bring him back here or loan him to another club, but the rules state you can only play for two clubs in a season. So if he plays for us now he couldn’t then go elsewhere in January if we find him a better loan club or it just doesn’t work at Reading. 

49 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Because there’s a break clause in the loan deal in January. So we can either bring him back here or loan him to another club, but the rules state you can only play for two clubs in a season. So if he plays for us now he couldn’t then go elsewhere in January if we find him a better loan club or it just doesn’t work at Reading. 

i didn't know about the 2 club rule, good info there mark

Expect a win regardless of who plays

Virginia

Kenny      Mina       Keane   Nkounkou

Davies

Gylfi               Bernard

Iwobi              Kean           Gordon

Rather see Gbamin get minutes over delph if they are both ready. Thoughts of Besic at CB to give one of the starters a rest. Desperately need a CB or maybe Gbamin will see more time as a CB this year.

Subs - Pickford, Coleman, Digne, Gbamin, Doucoure, Richarlison, DCL

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Gbamin is out until next year and I can only hope and pray Delph is out at least that long.

I thought Carlo said expected return is October / November?

Obviously that is training but these days they seem to have a couple of days of training after a long injury and then playing at the weekend!