IGNORED

Fleetwood (League Cup Away) Wednesday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

5 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Same here. I gave him MOTM at Tottenham, because I think he's the reason we won that game. He isn't "shite". He has huge strengths. You don't get consistently picked as England's keeper during a time of relatively high competition if you're shit. But he is undoubtedly error prone. His weakness seems to be his concentration. 

He's a great shot stopper and in one on ones, but it seems to be instinct.  Too much time to think - or rope - and he often balls it up.

The first goal tonight was just arrogance.  2 nil up, league 1 team, not much to do, he fancied a bit of pratting about.  Should have just booted it and I bet if it had been a league game he would have.

It was the throwing his arms about like it was someone else's fault that pissed me off most.  It was a risky pass back, but he had plenty of time to send it.  He should have held his hand up an apologised.

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

He's a great shot stopper and in one on ones, but it seems to be instinct.  Too much time to think - or rope - and he often balls it up.

The first goal tonight was just arrogance.  2 nil up, league 1 team, not much to do, he fancied a bit of pratting about.  Should have just booted it and I bet if it had been a league game he would have.

It was the throwing his arms about like it was someone else's fault that pissed me off most.  It was a risky pass back, but he had plenty of time to send it.  He should have held his hand up an apologised.

He doesn't do humble.

Just now, Isaiah said:

Tell your friend it's the match thread in which Jordan Pickford is playing and has created 2 of the biggest talking points for Everton fans. 

My friend says that's true, Pickford had 3 things to do and he fucked 2 of them up.

But she argues that there another 13 Everton players who have played tonight and the match is still going on. 

But she digresses.

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

My friend says that's true, Pickford had 3 things to do and he fucked 2 of them up.

But she argues that there another 13 Everton players who have played tonight and the match is still going on. 

But she digresses.

Then tell the lady that number 7 just played a pass to number 4 but he sadly fired over. We'll discuss the details once the game is finished. 

Safe to say I didnt enjoy the second half as much! 

I'll start with the excellent. Bernard, Nkounkou (attacking), Iwobi and Richarlison were all superb. Nkounkou looked at bit suspect when defending but his attacking play was better than most wingers. Gordon came on and did well too. 

The goods included Digne (who only struggled when challenged by height for the goal) and probably Delph who showed that when fit he can step into that holding role against inferior opposition.

The OKs were Siggy, Keane, Kenny, most of the time Davies and DCL. They didnt do lots wrong but they didn't do much right. Keane didnt do any favours in the lead up for the first goal and then he wobbled a bit after that. Kenny will need to step up if he wants to displace Seamus. DCL should have scored and didnt do much in the game. Davies showed little sparks but then played timid or misplaced passes, or got shrugged aside at other times.

The points aren't too hard to work out. I'm chucking Kean in here despite his goal because I want to see more from him but Pickford is on a whole different level of poor. Its just a good job that he didn't have much to do in the first half. He wasnt helped in the first goal but he still needed to clear that with his right foot. The second was just him on tilt again. He wasn't sure whether to come or go and despite then getting himself back into position, he over does what probably should be a simple catch by diving around unnecessarily. That second goal is indefensible not just because he should save it, but because of how you could see from his actions how frantically his mind was working. If he was playing poker he would have gone all in with fuck all. 

We were sublime in the first half, we really were. Fleetwood just couldn't live with us and they may as well not have even been there to be honest. We moved the ball so quickly about the pitch and with purpose. At one point we had 93% possession! And it wasn't like under Silva where we'd have a fuckton on the ball but actually be doing nothing with it - here you could see what we were doing and why. In truth we should have been 4 or 5 up by half-time.

Second half wasn't quite the same sort of ease. I think we got a bit ahead of ourselves and thought we were done and dusted and concentration levels dropped. They certainly did for our goalkeeper! We concede two goals through completely losing the plot. Fortunately we managed to pick it up at the other end of the pitch to spare his blushes.

On to the next round. Lets hope we put a few past West Ham and go through again, because I want a trophy and this is the quickest route there this season.