IGNORED

World Cup Qatar 2022

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

Brutal to drop the win there given how dominant we were in the first half - Wales a much different team in the second half, though very limited ability wise outside of Bale.

Bale did very little.  Thought Moore was the difference maker.  He's got tidy feet for a big man.  US really lost impetus at start of the second half.  Wales couldn't live with their pace and press in the first half, but the US really sat back in the second half. 

56 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Bale did very little.  Thought Moore was the difference maker.  He's got tidy feet for a big man.  US really lost impetus at start of the second half.  Wales couldn't live with their pace and press in the first half, but the US really sat back in the second half. 

The US counter attack was dreadful too. They should have done loads better but consistently played into Welsh hands and made it easy to defend. Some decent coaching and they would have cut Wales open.

10 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

It ultimately came down to one boneheaded mistake by Zimmerman. The US backline never looked truly tested in open play, and had it not been for that challenge I think we would've gone on to win.

Think second place will come down to US or Wales on goal differential

It was Ream wasn’t it?

10 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Brutal to drop the win there given how dominant we were in the second half.

If you look at the chances created in each half, a draw is probably right. US dominated the first half but their only clear-cut chance was the almost-OG followed immediately by Sargent hitting the post. Wales, for all their dominance in the second half, only had the header by Davies that Turner saved.

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The Welsh were gaining more and more momentum. That foul by the US at the very end, when Bale had the ball and the US keeper was way off his line, warranted a red card. Kieffer Moore was the best player on the field.

Per the rules or per your emotions?

Brutal to drop the win there given how dominant we were in the second half.

You never had the lead so nothing to drop but maybe I'm being pedantic 😉

The Welsh were gaining more and more momentum. That foul by the US at the very end, when Bale had the ball and the US keeper was way off his line, warranted a red card. Kieffer Moore was the best player on the field.

Moore was the best Welsh player on the field? Cause over the full 90, Tyler Adams or Tim Ream were the best players on the pitch regardless of side

What is it with Argentina and major tournaments? Stunned when I woke up this morning and saw that result. 

It's hard cause there are 3 teams in this tournament who I absolutely do not want to win anything, as their governments are abhorrent. However, that's not the players' fault, so I'm thrilled for the Saudi team. 

But I still hate to see regimes like that get any sort of positive world publicity

6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

What is it with Argentina and major tournaments? Stunned when I woke up this morning and saw that result. 

It's hard cause there are 3 teams in this tournament who I absolutely do not want to win anything, as their governments are abhorrent. However, that's not the players' fault, so I'm thrilled for the Saudi team. 

But I still hate to see regimes like that get any sort of positive world publicity

I wouldn't read too much into it. Didn't France lose their first match to Cameroon before winning the cup?

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. Didn't France lose their first match to Cameroon before winning the cup?

Nope, beat Australia and Peru and then drew with Denmark.

But you're right, it's likely a blip, but stranger things have happened. A loss like that could be crushing for their mentality and really blows that group wide open