IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Saturday 19 December

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Matt said:

:rofl:yeah ok 

It's not like it's not been said before.  As a mod I'd be more concerned by the fact that there is a culture of disagreeing with posts based on who has said it and trying to use a populist approach to quieten "negativity" ..... Negativity for me regarding Everton is not winning, I couldn't give a shit if they get green marks or red ones. 

If I think there is a player who makes mistakes at a disproportionate level I will say it ... And if it gets shouted down then I will double down.  

I only spent the best part of 3 years making the case for a striker who can do the hard yards and justifying why - at the expense of our other high profile darling. Oh now look, we've got a striker who not only does that but has added goals and is one of the top 5 in the league as a result. 

28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s a mixture of both of those things with a lot more added to the mix as to why we are in the position we find ourselves, let’s try not to forget it’s a team game after all. 
Haf mate I don’t have a problem with criticism of any player, during the game I posted my criticism of his mistake as did you and many others, shouldn’t it be we’ve had our say move on, but with Pickford there seems to be this focused obsession to Lynch him for the most trivial things that rumble on for days after the event, I’m going to defend him especially when people come out with comments that he’s no better than a pub player to say things like that can only mean two things and nothing in between, either you hate him with vengeance or you haven’t got a fucking clue. 

Pickford's not a pub player, but he's not a top level player either and for me the position of goalkeeper has become more important than ever before.

I'd never be a goalkeeper.... Most divisive position on the pitch. I feel sorry for them.  But he is simply not good enough.

Tim Howard made far less bloopers in his latter couple of years and got some awful criticism.

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Pickford's not a pub player, but he's not a top level player either and for me the position of goalkeeper has become more important than ever before.

I'd never be a goalkeeper.... Most divisive position on the pitch. I feel sorry for them.  But he is simply not good enough.

Tim Howard made far less bloopers in his latter couple of years and got some awful criticism.

I agree keepers can’t hide mistakes they are magnified, yet some keepers do try to hide by staying on their line and never trying deal with crosses coming in, Pickford can never be accused of shirking his duty towards his defenders he’s not scared to put his head on the block and try to take the pressure of them, he needs to know when he can’t make it and stay instead of trying to win everything that comes into his area. 
I’m not going to to tell you he’s the best keeper in the league but nor is he the worst I’d put him between 4th and 6th which I find more than acceptable for where we are as a team at present, in a couple of years hopefully we are going to be looking for a keeper who is good enough for a team who are 3rd to 1st, and if he can’t raise his standing to those demands he will be sold or sat on the bench as No2.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think that paragraph is very disrespectful to the members on here. 

If anything, I think its the opposite. Plenty of different views, mostly respectfully put, and that is why we all stick around. 

No it's not bailey, what is disrespectful is when people react differently to an opinion based on who says it.  That does happen. Shall we get into a copy and paste post scenario??? No. 

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've been on this forum since I was in school (yes, that makes me feel old) and I've been in and out of many shit forums during that time and this really isn't one of them - it's a great place to post and read, especially when you pop over to other Everton websites and see some of the absolute drivel being served up. 

People need to remember that there is an ignore function too, if you're seeing the same member posting the same shite stick them on the list - it makes things so much better. 

Exactly.  

On 20/12/2020 at 16:27, Hafnia said:

No it's not bailey, what is disrespectful is when people react differently to an opinion based on who says it.  That does happen. Shall we get into a copy and paste post scenario??? No. 

Isn’t that normal in the real world though? We all have that dickhead in work who no matter what he says you think he’s talking bollocks? But that’s because you’ve heard him talk bollocks for so long. 

Ive only worked in my current office for three years, I’ve heard everyone on TT talk bollocks for fifteen years. 

It’s normal that we react to different people because we’ve known them for so long.  We all know if Haf is talking Lukaku just don’t bother getting involved, if Palfy is talking Gana get out of there, if we are linked to an 18 year old keeper Romey won’t like it. We all know enough about each other’s footballing opinions that it is completely natural to react differently to different people. 

Haf, you’ve ended up with a reputation for having a handful of players that you don’t like. The reason for that is because you normally have a few players you don’t like. So when you start on Pickford or Gomes, like with Lukaku before he left, people react different because you have previous. I don’t see why you take it so personal. It’s just based on previous experiences of you and your posts on here. 

Ive known most of the regulars on here longer than I’ve known my wife, I’ve known her for 12 years, if I reacted the same to a new guy as I would to say Matt or Mike it wouldn’t make sense. I would expect to react differently to two of my mates in the real world too, as they would be different people I’ve had different experiences with. 

Also, Haf, when you get into one of your copy and paste frenzies it’s really fucking annoying. And I say that because you’ve done it so many times!

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Isn’t that normal in the real world though? We all have that dickhead in work who no matter what he says you think he’s talking bollocks? But that’s because you’ve heard him talk bollocks for so long. 

Ive only worked in my current office for three years, I’ve heard everyone on TT talk bollocks for fifteen
years. 

It’s normal that we react to different people because we’ve known them for so long.  We all know if Haf is talking Lukaku just don’t bother getting involved, if Palfy is talking Gana get out of there, if we are linked to an 18 year old keeper Romey won’t like it. We all know enough about each other’s footballing opinions that it is completely natural to react differently to different people. 

Haf, you’ve ended up with a reputation for having a handful of players that you don’t like. The reason for that is because you normally have a few players you don’t like. So when you start on Pickford or Gomes, like with Lukaku before he left, people react different because you have previous. I don’t see why you take it so personal. It’s just based on previous experiences of you and your posts on here. 

Ive known most of the regulars on here longer than I’ve known my wife, I’ve known her for 12 years, if I reacted the same to a new guy as I would to say Matt or Mike it wouldn’t make sense. I would expect to react differently to two of my mates in the real world too, as they would be different people I’ve had different experiences with. 

Also, Haf, when you get into one of your copy and paste frenzies it’s really fucking annoying. And I say that because you’ve done it so many times!

Made me laugh this. Whole family thought my grandson talked bollocks from the age of three for 18 months. We all missed it when he became more reasoned!

4 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Made me laugh this. Whole family thought my grandson talked bollocks from the age of three for 18 months. We all missed it when he became more reasoned!

Coming up to your 15th anniversary of talking bollocks on TT mate 😂
(21st January 2021)

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Ive only worked in my current office for three years, I’ve heard everyone on TT talk bollocks for fifteen years. 

I find it more annoying in work when you see the brown nosing nodding dogs politically choosing what to say in order to court favour with hierarchy rather than speaking what is on their mind, sycophants.

You often find the people who choose to say it as they see it being proven right over time.  

As for gomes, I don't dislike him, I don't like the fact that he has shit loads of ability and a ridiculous tendancy to play like he has none. 

As for Lukaku, well need I say more.  Ole solksjaer confirmed he made himself unavailable for games when in a sulk.

As you were .....

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Haff you have to accept that people genuinely believe things you would describe as "Politically Correct Bollocks".

No... I genuinely believe some people would sooner climb a ladder rather than stand for something they believe in. I've worked with absolute masters at it. 

Sincerity... If you can take that then you've got it made 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

No... I genuinely believe some people would sooner climb a ladder rather than stand for something they believe in. I've worked with absolute masters at it. 

Sincerity... If you can take that then you've got it made 

I'm with Shakespeare in that "This above all to thine own self be true".

You have to be true to yourself and your views, or you just lie to yourself and nobody will respect you.

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

No, people having different reactions to different people with the similar opinions. 

Quite cringeworthy really

As I said above, no different than in the workplace. Or the pub, or your five a side team, or your golf society. People react differently to different people, based on previous experiences with them people. It’s not cringeworthy, it’s human nature. People react differently to different personalities. You are just the same as everyone else here. 

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

No, people having different reactions to different people with the similar opinions. 

Quite cringeworthy really

Of course people react differently to different people :rofl: my reply had nothing to do with singling you out or lesser respect, I was replying to the “argument” presented.

my response was the way it was due to your latest in a long line of ridiculously OTT criticism in your ongoing vendetta of your latest player to focus on, and dismissal of the importance of the good save that saved us 2 points - I responded in kind in an OTT manner. I didn’t reply to others who made the same point because they argue in a (more) balanced fashion. If their posts had been like yours, I would reply to that person in exactly the same manner. For example, there is one other poster on here that does exactly the same thing as you do and that is Pete (to the point I have to double check the name in some posts) and I argue with him in the exact same manner when he makes outlandish or unsubstantiated claims. You both choose players to hate on, you both ignore any positives bar the occasional “he played well” praise through gritted teeth, you both dismiss or ignore evidence that counters or disproves your criticism of the player, you’re both blindly unbalanced when discussing the player. All that is truly cringeworthy.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Of course people react differently to different people :rofl: my reply had nothing to do with singling you out or lesser respect, I was replying to the “argument” presented.

my response was the way it was due to your latest in a long line of ridiculously OTT criticism in your ongoing vendetta of your latest player to focus on, and dismissal of the importance of the good save that saved us 2 points - I responded in kind in an OTT manner. I didn’t reply to others who made the same point because they argue in a (more) balanced fashion. If their posts had been like yours, I would reply to that person in exactly the same manner. For example, there is one other poster on here that does exactly the same thing as you do and that is Pete (to the point I have to double check the name in some posts) and I argue with him in the exact same manner when he makes outlandish or unsubstantiated claims. You both choose players to hate on, you both ignore any positives bar the occasional “he played well” praise through gritted teeth, you both dismiss or ignore evidence that counters or disproves your criticism of the player, you’re both blindly unbalanced when discussing the player. All that is truly cringeworthy.

Yet over time I get proven right. Are we better with Doucoure than Gana? Would you swap DCL for Harry Kane? Is Holgate better than Keane?

If haf had his way we'd have welbeck and rashford up front and Joe Hart in goal. Big fucking difference.

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

If haf had his way we'd have welbeck and rashford up front and Joe Hart in goal. Big fucking difference.

Pete rein it in mate that’s bullshit mate you know and most do on here that Haf doesn’t want those you mentioned over DCL, you can go trawling through posts of 18 months ago or longer when players and the team weren’t performing and people were banding names around as alternatives and suggestions that may help us get out of the shit that’s what we do. 
Sometimes less said is better and that goes for me and everyone, and particularly the mods on some occasions. 
And no offence to anyone just my thoughts on the situation and hoping to avert another full blown shit storm that just turns into personal attacks and nothing to do with debating. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Yet over time I get proven right. Are we better with Doucoure than Gana? Would you swap DCL for Harry Kane? Is Holgate better than Keane?

Thank you for proving my point Pete 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Pete rein it in mate that’s bullshit mate you know and most do on here that Haf doesn’t want those you mentioned over DCL, you can go trawling through posts of 18 months ago or longer when players and the team weren’t performing and people were banding names around as alternatives and suggestions that may help us get out of the shit that’s what we do. 
Sometimes less said is better and that goes for me and everyone, and particularly the mods on some occasions. 
And no offence to anyone just my thoughts on the situation and hoping to avert another full blown shit storm that just turns into personal attacks and nothing to do with debating. 

How's it bullshit? 

47 minutes ago, pete0 said:

How's it bullshit? 

I'll answer shall I?

At no stage have I ever even considered selling DCL let alone sending him to Burnley..... my stance was he was one for the future with shed loads of potential to be a goalscorer in the way Harry Kane developed himself to be ..... I'll leave the Burnley and Kane points for what they are.  I think it's safe to say Harry kane isn't a one season wonder and that he's reliant on Eriksen.

I said I would have taken Rashford in part payment for Lukaku - and I stand by that right now.  Has probably worth £40m at a push at that time, at least double that now. Last Sunday he was brilliant.... Different forward to DCL, can beat a player with skill and pace and is a pure ball striker. 

Joe Hart? Ten years ago he was an elite level keeper, won back to back golden gloves and won the joint highest number of them along with Cech.  Unfortunately you can't replace long term history with recent history.  

Welbeck? Well yeah.... If we had a crystal ball on whether certain players were gonna be crippled by injuries then we wouldn't have signed Gbamin would we.

Not sure why you feel the need to call me out but I've answered the post relative to the footballing points you made, I'm sure that may not be all you expected but I'm not getting into it any further than that 

Good day. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

How's it bullshit? 

Because it bares no relevance at this point in time.

But let me ask you a question why did you feel that something that was said 2 years ago still has legs to warrant it being resurrected, and what good purpose has it served. It’s coming across as just baiting mate really not necessary we know where it’s going to lead, and do we really want to be back there again.