IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Saturday 19 December

markjazzbassist

Just now, Hafnia said:

Tosun was a disaster.  Absolutely shit. He looked petrified when he was expected to close the ball or tackle and did nothing 

He came on and looked like he’d played from the start - exhausted, shouldn’t have stopped running. We would have been better putting a CB uptop.

Alright, so hear me out. 

That's 9 points from Chelsea, Leicester, and Arsenal. One goal conceded, and it was a penalty. The only real chances today were because of a Pickford gaffe and Saka's chance at the end there. 

Obviously we miss Digne and Coleman, but this back four over the last few games has been mightily impressive. I haven't felt this comfortable with a backline of ours in a while, especially when it comes to defending and attacking set pieces. 

Is there any merit to continuing with these four even now that Coleman is back? I realize we lose a lot in the attacking third, but if we get James back, there's an added bit of creativity we've been missing. 

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Pundits mentioning Dom hasn’t scored in 3 games now but fail to mention in those 3 wins he’s assisted 3 of the 4 goals. He’s absolutely crucial to us

He’s become a beast to play against, even when he’s not scoring he’s creating panic and is a threat, as for his slowing the game down when we need the pressure off, he’s just brilliant.

A poor game IMO but another 3 points, aannnd I’m off the the old lady on Wednesday, got lucky in the ballots second draw, I’ll be singing all game long💙