IGNORED

Max Aarons

As much as Bayern have massive pulling power, they have Benjamin Pavard at right-back (currently injured) and can play either Niklas Süle, Joshua Kimmich or Bouna Sarr there. I'm sure Aarons would back himself to make it in Germany but at the same is first team football realistic for him? 

We could genuinely offer him first team football, alongside who I assume would be a good friend in Ben Godfrey. I don't think it's blue tinted glasses to suggest that we could beat Bayern to his signature, simply because of the above (and having Ancelotti).

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

As much as Bayern have massive pulling power, they have Benjamin Pavard at right-back (currently injured) and can play either Niklas Süle, Joshua Kimmich or Bouna Sarr there. I'm sure Aarons would back himself to make it in Germany but at the same is first team football realistic for him? 

We could genuinely offer him first team football, alongside who I assume would be a good friend in Ben Godfrey. I don't think it's blue tinted glasses to suggest that we could beat Bayern to his signature, simply because of the above (and having Ancelotti).

This point cannot be stated enough. Quite frankly with Carlo in charge only a handful of names are out of the realm of possibility. For Aarons it's one thing to play with a friend, know you have the starting job, and stay in the country you're familiar with. None of those would be enough to keep him here. Carlo is. 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

1 year left on his contract, looking to move, we have Ben here already and a world class manager and impressive squad, plus he knows from Ben that he has a chance play. 

We should spend the money on this player, and Cantwell, both going to be top top players, and would benefit us.

I think a lot depends on if they come up or not. If they don't, I would say it's a no-brainer that we could get both Aarons and Cantwell. But if they do come up, could easily see them hold on to their prized assets.

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think a lot depends on if they come up or not. If they don't, I would say it's a no-brainer that we could get both Aarons and Cantwell. But if they do come up, could easily see them hold on to their prized assets.

I dunno. He might feel he’s done his part with getting them back up and want to move on and Norwich will need to raise funds to bolster the squad. Kenny with some cash might be a nice solution all round. 

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Aarons only one year left on his contract and its highly unlikely he will sign an extension. Apparently he was promised, like Cantwell he could leave when they got relegated but Norwich reneged (for obvious reasons). If he stays he will go for a free next year. They will cash in.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

1 year left on his contract, looking to move, we have Ben here already and a world class manager and impressive squad, plus he knows from Ben that he has a chance play. 

We should spend the money on this player, and Cantwell, both going to be top top players, and would benefit us.

I’d probably be even happier to get Cantwell than Aarons, and I really would like us to sign Aarons. 

As always, it's only rumours but I've seen a few people online staying that whilst they could afford it, Bayern are not convinced enough about Aarons to pay the fee that Norwich would demand. 

Manchester United are also interested, but as is pretty widely known the board have not sat down to discuss transfer strategy yet, so haven't made contact with either club or player. 

Everton rumoured to be pushing "hard" to get this one done (as below).

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Can't see him leaving. If he didn't leave last summer when they were relegated I can't see him leave now, he's more or less guaranteed to be back in the prem.

Norwich have already said they will not stand in his way and that it’s inevitable he will move on at some point , if they get promoted they could use the money to strengthen their squad for next season

It’s the Norwich model where they’re happy for their players to progress elsewhere as long as it works financially for them. They have one of the best academies and their recruitment in general isn’t too bad either - selling Madison to Leicester stopped them from going into administration a few years ago. Norwich are a well run club now - they know, they’re very much between Prem/Championship but they stick to a positive playing style. Norwich aren’t a team with an illustrious history and they don’t have a particularly big fan base/ draw via location and their owners aren’t particularly rich compared to other clubs so it’s not a bad model in my opinion.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

They have wan bissaka I doubt he wants to go and have to fight for his job.  He walks into our lineup

As much as I think he would be a great signing for us, I don’t think he automatically takes the right back place immediately. I would fully expect Carlo to make him work for it. Coleman, Holgate and Godfrey are all in there too when everyone is fit. Not an easy bunch to shift. 

Even the great Leighton Baines had to fight to get in at left back.