IGNORED

Max Aarons

• 1 month later...

If this falls through I'll be really disappointed. Maybe it's how well Godfrey has turned out for us that's giving me rose-colored glasses when it comes to Aarons, but I just have this gut feeling that he would be fantastic for us. £30m is a lot, but he has a full season in the Prem under his belt, it's not like he's some guy we'd be bringing in from a league on the continent who is unfamiliar with the physicality and the nature of the EPL. 

I know Romano is usually pretty solid on his stuff, but I'm hoping this is gamesmanship or something, and that a deal could still yet get sorted.

On 27/05/2021 at 23:44, RuffRob said:

sounds like the £30m asking price is making it prohibitive. He is still only a good young prospect, I would guess you could get a lot of RB from the continent for £30M.

This for me. 

I like the lad but there isnt anything about him that stands out as a £30m player. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/everton-pondering-young-defender-max-aarons

Really hope to see some movement in the transfer market from us before the first game of the season. The board must know the manager needs to start the season very well and that will be very difficult with the squad as it is currently.

• 1 month later...

I wish this forum would do away with this whole transfer rumours topic, if you close this post and look at this rumours page there are 28 players mentioned and we haven't bought one of them, and that's only the one page.  We all hear or read about the rumours so I don't see any reason for piling them on here.

Its a bit like Jim Bowen in that darts quiz game,  "let's have a look at what you could have won".  😀

Or in our case let's have a look at who you could have signed. 

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

I wish this forum would do away with this whole transfer rumours topic, if you close this post and look at this rumours page there are 28 players mentioned and we haven't bought one of them, and that's only the one page.  We all hear or read about the rumours so I don't see any reason for piling them on here.

Its a bit like Jim Bowen in that darts quiz game,  "let's have a look at what you could have won".  😀

You can just put them on ignore, Bill.

55 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's because once we buy someone their thread is moved into the Everton section as it's no longer a rumour:huh:

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They do - £25m. 

They wanted to keep him and send him out on loan (as they do) I believe but he wasn't interested in doing that. 

He is definately one that 'got' away. Was Chelsea acadamy player of the year 20/21 - and they have some academy.

Southampton bought him for £5m. As he pretty far down the pecking order for a start on the right side at Chelsea so wanted a move. Even if Cheslea use the buy back clause, Southampton will be quids in.

I surpose at his age, maybe not considered ready to be a starting RB. Which is what we need. Focused on a Dumfreis, while a Livramento got away!! 

On 15/08/2021 at 11:22, Bill said:

You done see any reason for putting the rumours in the rumours section? 🤔

Should we put them somewhere else or just not discuss them?

Just getting completely disheartened with the amount of players we are linked with and not signed. I'd rather there were no links and just open the forum to see we have already signed Suarez, Messi or whoever.

I know the ones we have signed get removed to another thread, but they are very few and far between, and I hate looking back at pages and pages full of players we haven't signed, Is all.  😟

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Just getting completely disheartened with the amount of players we are linked with and not signed. I'd rather there were no links and just open the forum to see we have already signed Suarez, Messi or whoever.

I know the ones we have signed get removed to another thread, but they are very few and far between, and I hate looking back at pages and pages full of players we haven't signed, Is all.  😟

I'd just ignore everything until deadline day now. Can't see anything happening for us before then.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd just ignore everything until deadline day now. Can't see anything happening for us before then.

I’m inclined to agree with that in the last 24 hours we will buy 1 or 2 who haven’t been mentioned in any of the threads, I know that seems nye on impossible due to nearly every player available having a mention at one time or another, but we are Everton and usually find away. 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think your right. It looks like transfer activity will revolve around Moise Kean and what sort of money, if any, is brought in buy him. It might be a very busy final day this year - not just for us. 

I think plenty of clubs want to move players on, but nobody giving an inch at the moment. 

my money is on a couple of loan deals coming in (and maybe going out) on the final day.

• 11 months later...