IGNORED

Max Aarons

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Reading through the lines we only signed Godfrey this season as Holgate got injured. Wouldn't be surprised if we already had a deal in place for Aarons first then swapped up Godfrey. Shouldn't be too much negotiation, more down to the player if the likes of Bayern come in.

We were always in for a centre back. Gabriel was supposedly pretty much done in February/March but for the pandemic to hit and we tried to renegotiate the deal.

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

They just signed Coufal last summer. No chance Norwich will sell him to a club where he's not assured of consistent first team football

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-transfer-news-aarons-b1835774.html

If Norwich are selling Aarons, they won't care whether he gets first team football or not - they'll just want the best deal.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

If Norwich are selling Aarons, they won't care whether he gets first team football or not - they'll just want the best deal.

On 14/04/2021 at 15:58, c1982 said:

Pretty sure £30m was quoted for Godfrey so hopefully Marcel will be able to negotiate this one just as well. Norwich seem to take pride in ensuring their ‘products’ are showcased by this I mean they wouldn’t negotiate with Man U for Aarons knowing he’ll be a bit part with Wan Bissaka. I think it was similar with Godfrey as Liverpool and Bayern, amongst others showed interest. Basically, what I’m saying, if the team’s right, Norwich will negotiate a fair deal rather than just send to the highest bidder.

I read somewhere or saw an interview maybe last season about how upset they were about the Murphy brothers not fulfilling their potential away from Norwich. If you’re a youngster looking for a top academy, then there’d be a lot of positives pointing towards Norwich.

This is sort of where I got the notion that Norwich take into account how clubs utilize their talent that they sell on. And even if that isn't the case, I don't see how he would want to go to West Ham and fight for playing time under David Moyes versus being almost guaranteed the starting spot under Carlo Ancelotti.

27 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This is sort of where I got the notion that Norwich take into account how clubs utilize their talent that they sell on. And even if that isn't the case, I don't see how he would want to go to West Ham and fight for playing time under David Moyes versus being almost guaranteed the starting spot under Carlo Ancelotti.

Maybe he will take his chance to have the fight because they will have European football or possibly Champions League football.

I suspect the next few weeks will determine whether or not we have to look a little further down our list than expected.

54 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

They want to put their products into the best sales window so that other clubs will pay them more attention. That seems to be their approach from what I've read; best deal yes but with long-term reputation building too 

23 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Maybe he will take his chance to have the fight because they will have European football or possibly Champions League football.

I suspect the next few weeks will determine whether or not we have to look a little further down our list than expected.

True. 

Hey Max. Wanna work for David Moyes or Carlo Ancelotti?

See ya soon mate 

40 minutes ago, Btay said:

Scored a nice back post volley against QPR. Dowell seems to be getting a lot minutes for them - perhaps he can be part exchange. 15mil + Dowell would be good business.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Didn't we already release Dowell?

We sold him last summer :lol:. Due to their promotion we’ll be getting a little bit of money this summer. 

Edit - and who fuck would value Dowell at £15m apart from you, Btay?

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We sold him last summer :lol:. Due to their promotion we’ll be getting a little bit of money this summer. 

Yeah, knew he'd been moved on but thought it was because he was out of contract 

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Christ I thought he was on loan still!!!! 

Not 15 but id have thought he would be around 10. Had an absolute Barry here!