IGNORED

Leeds (Away) Wednesday 3 February

markjazzbassist

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Been here for 12 years and leaving for the Wirral weekend after next :crying: 

Oh I'm sure you will love the urban north face kids who's mummy and daddy actually give them all they need including a mountain bike for them to wheelie towards you on the wrong side of the road.... Cos they wanna pretend they are proper street and gangster.

15 hours ago, c1982 said:

I do think he is our weakest centre back (but handy for his versatility without a 1st choice RB) - I wouldn’t be opposed to selling him if a big offer came in - £25m + with the English premium. I like him but think he’s quite sluggish - haven’t decided if it’s his pace or thinking. I just think Godfrey is so much better and Branthwaite has much more potential - Keane and Mina need to stay as senior pros - both have been outstanding under Ancelotti.

I think it is his mind because there are games where he wakes up and turns up. He reminds me a bit of Titus Bramble or David Luiz, who could play a blinder for 89 minutes and then act a dope and balls something up in the other minute. I also don't think that can be coached out of a player.

It also doesn't help him that he is small and not particularly quick or strong. He can play out from the back but even that is hit and miss in my opinion. I agree about the other players.

15 hours ago, c1982 said:

Partially agree with this - he’s always a pest and puts a shift in but his decision making is poor. Give him time outside the box - that’s where he struggles. Ancelotti has been so clever by turning him into the ‘fox in the box’ as it plays to his strengths. His hold up play is generally good but his link-up is poor - I’d go as far to say that this is part of the reason that Richarlison has been so poor recently too - Dom misses so many opportunities to give Richarlison clear chances. Don’t get me wrong, I think Calvert-Lewin is a massive player for us but think his all round game is limited... as long as he scores and we win though!

I agree with that too!

11 minutes ago, c1982 said:

How good was Raphinha btw? He’s going right to the top. With our deadweight mainly gone and wages massively lowered as a result - this is the type of player I want (similar to Barnes at Leicester and Trossard at Brighton to some extent).

Weren't we linked with him along with Leeds?

we are usually linked with just about everybody!!! hard to know what is true or not. 

He is defiantly the type of player I think we will be looking to bring in in the summer. I think last summer we had to  concentrated on the middle of the park given how toothless we where last season - and of course the chance of signing James for the deal we got done was just too good to be true. 

I think the next phase of spending this summer will be on attacking player that will fit the profile of the type of player Ancelotti wants in the squad. Josh King has a chance to show what he has got, but I think moves will already be afoot looking for the next Raphinha type. I think 3-4 additions in the summer and next season we will start to really see Ancelotti's Everton team.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Oh I'm sure you will love the urban north face kids who's mummy and daddy actually give them all they need including a mountain bike for them to wheelie towards you on the wrong side of the road.... Cos they wanna pretend they are proper street and gangster.

Thanks the reminder :( 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Weren't we linked with him along with Leeds?

Don’t say that!!! He’d have been perfect but we’d have had to shift Walcott, Bolasie and Bernard for it to even make business sense... we’ll hopefully be in a much better position for talent like this come the summer window.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

How good was Raphinha btw? He’s going right to the top. With our deadweight mainly gone and wages massively lowered as a result - this is the type of player I want (similar to Barnes at Leicester and Trossard at Brighton to some extent).

I said in the game, his delivery was superb.  Those corners were unreal. 

6 hours ago, c1982 said:

His reaction to losing the ball was first class. Always one of the first to get back and put in a challenge. 

I would be a little concerned that he becomes a bit too predictable (almost always coming inside) but at Leeds that won't matter because of the runs of his teammates. 

I watched the whole game on Wednesday, and I confess I don't understand the negative comments about Richarlison. Indeed, I'd suggest he deserved to be Man of the Match. Yes, he slipped and slid more than most on that atrocious pitch, but his effort levels were impressive, his skills was evident, and he's a very important part of the team. As just one little case in point, at around 22 minutes, he received the ball when losing balance. It was great to see the control he demonstrated in handling that. More impressive was the run he made when DC-L selfishly took a shot himself (at which point Carlo was clearly annoyed). Looking with unbiased eyes, Richarlison was one of the best, if not the best, player on the field.

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Highlights miss out anything for we done going forward second half!

Watching that back I reckon Pickford would have stopped that goal. Very tame effort and at an easy distance for a keeper to get an arm on.

The chances are Pickford may have saved that or even a more unsavable effort ... But there is also a greater chance that he would have allowed a routine save to go in. Leicester isa prime example, that effort was far easier to save than Leeds goal.

That is the problem with Pickford.  A goalkeeper is going to get on average 5 or 6 routine saves to make and about 15 crossed/corner efforts to deal with Vs 1 or 2 well executed attempts that will result in a goal or require a top class save, which Pickford can make more than most 

Those percentages don't argue a good case for Pickford. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

The chances are Pickford may have saved that or even a more unsavable effort ... But there is also a greater chance that he would have allowed a routine save to go in. Leicester isa prime example, that effort was far easier to save than Leeds goal.

That is the problem with Pickford.  A goalkeeper is going to get on average 5 or 6 routine saves to make and about 15 crossed/corner efforts to deal with Vs 1 or 2 well executed attempts that will result in a goal or require a top class save, which Pickford can make more than most 

Those percentages don't argue a good case for Pickford. 

I'd use the Leicester one as proof he'd get to the one Olsen let in. Pickford gets down low and fast but just didn't get enough on it to keep it out. Olsen is far too slow getting to ground. Much tamer effort and an easier sight line.

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

Highlights miss out anything for we done going forward second half!

Watching that back I reckon Pickford would have stopped that goal. Very tame effort and at an easy distance for a keeper to get an arm on.

Must admit, I thought that at the time. Something just looked a bit wrong about it. I'm not sure if it's the angles or that he is just a bit slow getting down to it. I think it takes him by surprise so he is generally just slow to react, what with the ball going between the defenders legs as well.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'd use the Leicester one as proof he'd get to the one Olsen let in. Pickford gets down low and fast but just didn't get enough on it to keep it out. Olsen is far too slow getting to ground. Much tamer effort and an easier sight line.

I'm not convinced by Pickford getting down low if I'm honest.  I think bosnich and seaman was quoted as saying Pickford dives backwards rather than forwards on shots.