IGNORED

Sheffield United (Home) Sunday 16 May

markjazzbassist

Well we are technically still in the race for 7th and don’t want to lose to a shit side that are relegated, come on lads. Anyone but iwobi out there on the right if James isn’t fit

Pickford

Coleman keane godfrey digne

Allan

Doucoure gomes

bernard         DCL         Richarlison

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

We need to win this to see off Leeds in the league after their win today. We are 3 points ahead with a game in hand. 

Well Arsenal are 1 point behind of us as well. 

Think our mentality still needs to be looking at the teams above. If we take 7 points from the next 3 we will be Europe.

Pickford 

Coleman  Godfrey  Keane   Digne

Doucoure   Gomes    Allan

James             DCL        Richarlison

Three biggest questions for me are whether (1) James is fully fit, (2) Coleman is exhausted, and (3) Doucouré can recover quickly from 95 minutes just 3 days ago.  All three are in our best team.  Can Ancelotti afford to leave any of them on the bench to start the match?  I’ll guess ......

Pickford

Holgate      Keane      Godfrey

Doucouré    Allan     Gomes      Digne

James     

DCL                    Richarlison

Doucouré protecting James and Holgate, and replaced by Davies if we’re comfortably ahead at 60-70 minutes. Sigurdsson replaces Gomes at 60-70 minutes.  Iwobi in for James late if we’re ahead.

Doucoure is a very fit lad so I imagine he will be good to start again and play the majority of the game at the least.

I would be more concerned about Allan who looked leggy enough against Villa! The same applies to Coleman too I wouldn't be surprised to see him rotated.

Just now, Bailey said:

Doucoure is a very fit lad so I imagine he will be good to start again and play the majority of the game at the least.

I would be more concerned about Allan who looked leggy enough against Villa! The same applies to Coleman too I wouldn't be surprised to see him rotated.

Yes, you’re right about Allan.  I had forgotten how easily he was left behind several times.  Still, I imagine Ancelotti will stick with him to start.  Given that we have 3 big matches in 8 days to finish, it would be so helpful to be up 3-0 by 65 minutes, so that 3 players could be rested.

5 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Yes, you’re right about Allan.  I had forgotten how easily he was left behind several times.  Still, I imagine Ancelotti will stick with him to start.  Given that we have 3 big matches in 8 days to finish, it would be so helpful to be up 3-0 by 65 minutes, so that 3 players could be rested.

Considering we've only scored 3 goals in the league once since the beginning of December, your wishful thinking is highly admirable 😂

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Considering we've only scored 3 goals in the league once since the beginning of December, your wishful thinking is highly admirable 😂

Ha, yes, naïve of me.  I suppose we’re as likely to score 3 away next Sunday against one of the best teams in the EPL — City’s B/C team — as today at Goodison against the worst.  That is, not very.

Pickford

Holgate,   Keane,   Godfrey

Iwobi     Allan    Doucoure      Digne

James

DCL                        Richarlison

Definitely need to be brave in this game, as not only do we need to win, for European football we have to win by a fair number of goals as well. We need to be that team who have a late flurry on the run in.