IGNORED

Huddersfield (A) 24th August

Btay

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

He never has been. Don't get sucked in to the lazy narrative. He is better than half the shite we blew millions on. 

i was being sarcastic, i still think he's shit, just happy he scored a goal for us.  gray and begovic i rate and think will be good signings, townsend not so much.  hope to be proved wrong though

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i was being sarcastic, i still think he's shit, just happy he scored a goal for us.  gray and begovic i rate and think will be good signings, townsend not so much.  hope to be proved wrong though

Why's he shit? Genuinely interested in knowing your thoughts. 

To me he's a two footed hard working player who can give us width...... Crackin shot on him and he was decent for England when played. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Gbamin hasn't played two games together since 1987, so I'll judge him after a few weeks as opposed to just a few games. 

He's looked average for me today, which is good enough considering what he's been through. I'd only be worried if he looked absolutely gash, like a lovechild of Ashley Williams and Fabien Delph.

lol i forgot how much you hated ashley

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Why's he shit? Genuinely interested in knowing your thoughts. 

To me he's a two footed hard working player who can give us width...... Crackin shot on him and he was decent for England when played. 

he was yet another overhyped young english player at a big club.  didn't see anything special at spurs newcastle or palace, no reason to believe he could have it here.  he doesn't score goals (3 in 163 at palace).  he's got some pace, he can cross, ok i'd rather have a player with more than one dimension.  he's just the definition of average ok player.

11 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just assumed they were going to score on that corner

Same, sat a few whiskies deep with my old man and said "you know what's coming here". Just assumed that Michael Keane would wonder if he'd left the oven on at home and lost his man in the process. 

Glad that we got through that tie, would have been proper shite for morale to lose. As it happens we're unbeaten heading into Brighton.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he was yet another overhyped young english player at a big club.  didn't see anything special at spurs newcastle or palace, no reason to believe he could have it here.  he doesn't score goals (3 in 163 at palace).  he's got some pace, he can cross, ok i'd rather have a player with more than one dimension.  he's just the definition of average ok player.

So he's not shit then no? Average is better than shit.

For me he has more hunger and quality on the ball than Walcott who we blew £25m on ...  He has the bottle to hit a ball properly when crossing ..... By that I mean like hinchcliffe use to - hit up to get it dipping with pace which can result is spectacular mishits.  

I'm not sure if we were a bit lucky or a bit hard done by. Their goal should have stood and Kean shouldn't have been sent off (and his goal should have stood). 

There was a period of 30 minutes around half time where Huddersfield were comfortably the better side which is a big concern. They dominated our midfield and our left hand side was like a seive. It was no surprise that we were a lot better when Digne came on. In the end, I think we scored from our only shot in that second half which sums up the performance.

Begovic - another great save, still can't kick and doesn't like coming off his line. 

Kenny and Keane were both solid.

Holgate was solid enough, but he was shrugged off the ball early second half leading to a shot and then was caught on his heels from a cross which would have been a simple header if the ball better.

Branthwaite - Didnt improve and need a loan.

Niels - Still isn't a defender, but he isn't a winger either.

Digne - Showed his class when he came on. Nothing exciting but so much better than what came before.

Davies - Hooked quite early, but same as first half really just without the attacking.

Gbamin - Needs to improve in a lot of areas but that is to be expected.

Gomes - You wouldn't know he was playing until the build up the goal, which was fantastic.

Townsend - Crap but he popped up with that all important goal. 

Iwobi - Solid enough and played a small hand in the goal. 

Kean - Actually did a good bit of tracking back before he was sent off. I don't think it was a sending off but it was still an unnecessary reaction. 

Gray - Didn't really have an impact for the short time he was on.