IGNORED

West Ham (Home) 17th October

Romey 1878

5 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Can also argue we've been unlucky. A better footballer puts that Iwobi slice into the back of the net and who knows what this game looks like then

Sorry mate, I think we’ve been outplayed all game. Yes there are moments where things could have been different….. but overall, they have outplayed us and looked like a top six side against a mid table team.

Just now, Shukes said:

Sorry mate, I think we’ve been outplayed all game. Yes there are moments where things could have been different….. but overall, they have outplayed us and looked like a top six side against a mid table team.

It’s hard to say - they have passed it around nicely but didn’t really create much. I would say we had the more clear cut chances. If we have either Dom or Richie up front with Mina we win that IMO 

That was a poor performance. It had moments of good play but they were all on the counter. As soon as we had to try and pass the ball and build a bit of possession and momentum we couldnt do it. We never had control of the game, albeit it was a lot more even in the second half. 

The most disappointing thing for me was our response to the goal. The issue you have when you set up like we do is that when you need to build a bit of pressure, we don't know how to and it all kind of fizzles out. 

I think this is us now. Tough to beat, enough of a threat to gives teams problems, but ultimately not that good at the actual football bit making it a bit of a dull watch.

8 minutes ago, Btay said:

It’s hard to say - they have passed it around nicely but didn’t really create much. I would say we had the more clear cut chances. If we have either Dom or Richie up front with Mina we win that IMO 

I agree. With a different team we can win that.

With the team we had out, we got outplayed, out battled, and put scored. 

We were nowhere near good enough to win that game. We did well. 0-1 is excellent with that performance.

West Ham were better today. That's all. We have to expect this this season.

Still, with DCL and Rich in there, totally different story. The opposition don't have to worry about our striker at the moment. Plus, I think the work DCL does off the ball is still much underrated. His work ethic is a nightmare for defenders.

I still look at this squad on game day and struggle to believe our lack of options vs investment we've made the last few years. One of the biggest fuck ups in modern football.

What an absolute clusterfuck of shit that was. Sat in the ground with 88 minutes on the clock bored out of my fucking skull just hoping that the referee would take pity on us and blow early, we could have carried on until 5pm and still not hit a fucking barn door. One of the worst and more boring performances I've seen in my time at the ground, nevermind this season. We had about as much threat and venom as an empty carrier bag and regardless of who did this and who did what, all eleven of them should be fucking ashamed. 

I've tried to not go OTT with Rondon but I've just had enough, 90 minutes of wandering around the place like a hitchhiker with amnesia. Can't hold the ball up, can't win flick ons, can't get in the right positions, can't shoot, can't run, isn't strong enough and has a shit moustache too. Yerry Mina started warming up on 30 minutes and I prayed to the heavens that Rafa was going to stick him up top. 

The players that are usually decent were shit too, Townsend and Gray bullied all game and offered zero. Iwobi with another one of those games where you wonder if he's won a competition to come and play as a footballer for a season, another one with as much threat as a wet fart.

Pickford was gash, popping world class long balls to an Everton shirt but it was unfortunately being worn by Gwladys who's 87 and sits in the disabled section. Another one who can just fuck off after this afternoon, haven't seen the goal back but it looked like he was fouled - I'd normally be up in arms but our performance deserved to be punished, taking a point would just take the piss.

Benitez should obviously take the shit too, gets praised when we win so can be moaned at when we lose. Didn't look like we were ever in that game, which you could understand against Bayern Munich but to West Ham at home.

Please for Christ's sake can we have DCL and Richarlison back next game? 

Shit. Shit. Shit.

4 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

What an absolute clusterfuck of shit that was. Sat in the ground with 88 minutes on the clock bored out of my fucking skull just hoping that the referee would take pity on us and blow early, we could have carried on until 5pm and still not hit a fucking barn door. One of the worst and more boring performances I've seen in my time at the ground, nevermind this season. We had about as much threat and venom as an empty carrier bag and regardless of who did this and who did what, all eleven of them should be fucking ashamed. 

I've tried to not go OTT with Rondon but I've just had enough, 90 minutes of wandering around the place like a hitchhiker with amnesia. Can't hold the ball up, can't win flick ons, can't get in the right positions, can't shoot, can't run, isn't strong enough and has a shit moustache too. Yerry Mina started warming up on 30 minutes and I prayed to the heavens that Rafa was going to stick him up top. 

The players that are usually decent were shit too, Townsend and Gray bullied all game and offered zero. Iwobi with another one of those games where you wonder if he's won a competition to come and play as a footballer for a season, another one with as much threat as a wet fart.

Pickford was gash, popping world class long balls to an Everton shirt but it was unfortunately being worn by Gwladys who's 87 and sits in the disabled section. Another one who can just fuck off after this afternoon, haven't seen the goal back but it looked like he was fouled - I'd normally be up in arms but our performance deserved to be punished, taking a point would just take the piss.

Benitez should obviously take the shit too, gets praised when we win so can be moaned at when we lose. Didn't look like we were ever in that game, which you could understand against Bayern Munich but to West Ham at home.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

With the players available I think Benitez did just about all he could

39 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Your account been hacked? Or had one too many fizzy ones? Usually quite rational when you post, this one seems a bit off character.

I mean, can't disagree with what you say but being bored after 2minutes probs means you weren't best happy to start with 😂.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

DCL for Rondon and Richarlison for Iwobi we win this, we’ve done well to weather the storm without them till now but our luck ran out today, we need our finishers back Rondon and Iwobi aren’t the same as DCL and Richarlison when it comes to finding the back of the net. 

Would that not just be papering over the cracks though? 

We weren't second best today because we didn't have those two playing. West Ham were better man for man. That is down to all 11 players and the man in charge.

43 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Would that not just be papering over the cracks though? 

We weren't second best today because we didn't have those two playing. West Ham were better man for man. That is down to all 11 players and the man in charge.

The same players and man who was in charge last time against Utd, 1 loss and you start talking like it’s the end for us, we’ve played counter attacking football all season we had some very good moments in the game and created opportunities only difference today was they didn’t go in and fell to the wrong players. How is having better players on the pitch papering over the cracks that’s a bizarre statement unless you mean the crack is the manager and better players will only paper over his lack of ability. 

Well we played that game with 9 men because Rondon and Iwobi were awful. They should actually be embarrassed with themselves, and the manager should be criticised for leaving one on all game and the other getting the majority of the game before getting yanked. Yes we don't have the depth of squad, and it's really hurting us at the moment, but when those two are as bad as that it really wouldn't have mattered who you brought on off the bench because they'd have been an improvement without a shadow of a doubt.

Not having a focal point absolutely killed us today. We're not a good footballing side at all, and I don't expect that to change any time soon with this manager, so we have to rely on having someone up front who the ball will stick to or is in the box for when we put balls in. Instead, we've got Rondon up there who couldn't win a fucking raffle even if he'd bought all the tickets, never mind a bastard header.

It was a very, very bad day at the office. It can be summed up perfectly with one small passage of play in the second half. We had a corner, Townsend puts it so far long that it landed way outside of the penalty area and still had to bounce to reach Allan, who then proceeded to turn backwards and the ball ended up with Pickford, who then fucking kicked the ball out for a West Ham throw in.

Fucks sake.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Your account been hacked? Or had one too many fizzy ones? Usually quite rational when you post, this one seems a bit off character.

I mean, can't disagree with what you say but being bored after 2minutes probs means you weren't best happy to start with 😂.

He sais he was bored after 88 minutes, so with two minutes left rather than two minutes in.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

He sais he was bored after 88 minutes, so with two minutes left rather than two minutes in.

😂😂😂 I read "Sat in the ground with 88 minutes on the clock..." as minutes to go!!! Doh. My mistake. Sorry Mr Zoo. Still seemed like an out of character writing though.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

With the players available I think Benitez did just about all he could

Let's not go down that path. I mentioned at the start of the season that "lack of spending" will be a ready-made excuse if Benitez loses games. Why play Rondon - again? Why play Iwobi? When fighting a one-goal deficit, why not bring on subs: Davies? Dobbin? Why not start Gordon after his performance in the last game? Sorry, but Benitez did not do "just about all he could."

This was always going to be a tough game - At the moment the West ham are as good a team as they have ever been in the Prem and on a good run of form.

I didn't see the game, but everything I have read basically said chances wise they was very little between a good West Ham team and a injury hit Everton team. The injuries to our front line and lack of squad depth eventually caught up with us this weekend. For me, not an unexpected result today, as this is actually a good time for teams to play us.

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

The same players and man who was in charge last time against Utd, 1 loss and you start talking like it’s the end for us, we’ve played counter attacking football all season we had some very good moments in the game and created opportunities only difference today was they didn’t go in and fell to the wrong players. How is having better players on the pitch papering over the cracks that’s a bizarre statement unless you mean the crack is the manager and better players will only paper over his lack of ability. 

I am saying no such thing. I did actually say that we will always be in games, like we were yesterday.

I didn't really like the football against Utd. We should have been dead and buried in the first half but we are very good on the counter. The things that make us look good against a Utd make us look very average against a Burnley, Norwich or West Ham.

The two players in question aren't suddenly going to light us up as a team. Everyone kept saying the same things last season and how did that go? Dom wasn't playing particularly well before his injury and Richarlison is in and out in respect of his attacking output. Obviously better players will help but that game was crying out for some control in midfield.

The cracks are that we are not a very good "footballing" side. You can't have sat through Everton games this season and thought, we can play. Rafa has done a great job of making us a team that is electric on the break but that will dry up. I dread to think what would happen if Doucoure gets injured as he is absolutely key to every counter. Dom and Richarlison might come in and bag a goal from relatively poor chances but it will mask the real issues with this squad and style of football.

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I am saying no such thing. I did actually say that we will always be in games, like we were yesterday.

I didn't really like the football against Utd. We should have been dead and buried in the first half but we are very good on the counter. The things that make us look good against a Utd make us look very average against a Burnley, Norwich or West Ham.

The two players in question aren't suddenly going to light us up as a team. Everyone kept saying the same things last season and how did that go? Dom wasn't playing particularly well before his injury and Richarlison is in and out in respect of his attacking output. Obviously better players will help but that game was crying out for some control in midfield.

The cracks are that we are not a very good "footballing" side. You can't have sat through Everton games this season and thought, we can play. Rafa has done a great job of making us a team that is electric on the break but that will dry up. I dread to think what would happen if Doucoure gets injured as he is absolutely key to every counter. Dom and Richarlison might come in and bag a goal from relatively poor chances but it will mask the real issues with this squad and style of football.

Dom and Richarlison will do more than bag a goal or 2 if you think that there only contribution to the team is a goal or 2 then there’s no point discussing this any further with you. Your the one that needs papering 😉