IGNORED

Norwich (Away) 15th January

dunlopp9987

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

OK, so maybe a little hyperbolic in comparison the that particular day.

Haha yea just bustin' chops. I tend to agree on the scale of games that don't really matter but do this one is WAY up there. Rafa will be under enormous pressure if he doesn't win this one and as bad as Norwich has been there is no easy win away from home. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Absolutely dreading seeing us line up with 5 at the back against Norwich.

Norwich needs goals and offense in the worst way. You have to think they are looking at this as good game as any to get scoring. In which case...fuck!

Expect us to park the bus and hope for a 95th minute winner to save our blushes. Anything other than three points should be the end of the road for Benitez, but in truth he shouldn't have got this far. 

Only saving grace is perhaps Mykolenko, Pattison and El Ghazi can impress going forward on thier Premier League debuts for us.

19 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Expect us to park the bus and hope for a 95th minute winner to save our blushes. Anything other than three points should be the end of the road for Benitez, but in truth he shouldn't have got this far. 

Only saving grace is perhaps Mykolenko, Pattison and El Ghazi can impress going forward on thier Premier League debuts for us.

Didn't El Ghazi have to registered by 12pm today to play?

For the first time in a long while we have just about everyone to choose from. Rafa better get this right. Here's what I'm hoping for:

Pickford
Coleman Godfrey Keane Mykolenko
Allan Gomes Doucoure
Gordon DCL Gray

Get 3 in midfield and not 5 at the back. If Richarlison can come on in the 2nd half great but I doubt he's ready (same with Mina). If he's not get El Ghazi out there. 

17 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

For the first time in a long while we have just about everyone to choose from. Rafa better get this right. Here's what I'm hoping for:

Pickford
Coleman Godfrey Keane Mykolenko
Allan Gomes Doucoure
Gordon DCL Gray

Get 3 in midfield and not 5 at the back. If Richarlison can come on in the 2nd half great but I doubt he's ready (same with Mina). If he's not get El Ghazi out there. 

I’d like to see Patterson start as well. If he can’t start against Norwich, who can he start against?

2 hours ago, RPG said:

Best quote I ever heard on this (I'll paraphrase and change the subject matter to fit) was from General 'Stormin Norman' Schwartzkopf just before Gulf War One.

'Son, Playing football for Everton Football Club without Iwobi in your team is like going Deer hunting without your accordion!'

I don’t know what’s wrong with our fans! I’m starting to think they don’t rate the African Messi!

Isnt this why we’re in this position in the first place…. Not enough Iwobi minutes!

Regardless of the result…. I’m doing my best to fall back in love with football.

I want a stirring effort from the lads with something to get excited about. I know enough about football to realise we don’t have a right to beat any team. A good performance with effort and commitment is all I ask.

And THREE fking points!

COYBs!!!!!

This is a massive game for us and the first of a run of 6 that will define whether or not we get sucked into a relegation scrap

We have everyone back now so no excuses. They’ve lost 6 on the trot without scoring a single goal so we should have enough to come from behind to the inevitable early goal to win