IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

That's potter gone too

To be fair the results have been bad. Goals scored is laughable (considering the chances they create). I think they've only scored 5 more goals than us, which considering how much we've been moaning about our own ineptitude in the dept speaks volumes for the root cause of their issues.Ā 

What staggers me is the amount of money clubs are paying to acquire managers/backroom staff, only to then realise they've made a mistake and have to replace them in a relatively short period of time - meaning massive outlay in acquisition cost, massive outlay in termination costs. I think Potter & Team cost them 20MM or something plus he was one of the highest paid managers in the world. Similar data for Nagelsmann (although he lasted 18 months I think)

Obviously better to admit you got it wrong and make a change vs burying your head in the sand, but it does speak to perhaps needing to do something different before you appoint a manager.

11 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Goals scored is laughable (considering the chances they create).

Whenever I've watched them play they've created a lot of chances but failed to score, but that's a small sample size as I've only watched maybe 5 of their games all season. Their xG at around 36 reflects this against the 29 they've scored.

Interestingly enough the only team with a bigger xG deficit to us (+10.4) is WHU with +10.8. this indicates how much we need a couple of goalscorers in our team, not that it's not obvious already.

As for the cost of new managers and staff, surly we've come to the point in time in the Premier League where this should be factored into the budget. The average tenure of a manager in 2012 was 4 years, now it's about 2 years which is absolutely bonkers.

And I can't believe Potter was one of the highest paid managers in the world, surly not.

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

As for the cost of new managers and staff, surly we've come to the point in time in the Premier League where this should be factored into the budget. The average tenure of a manager in 2012 was 4 years, now it's about 2 years which is absolutely bonkers.

And I can't believe Potter was one of the highest paid managers in the world, surly not.

4th highest according to my research - behind Simeone, Guardiola and Klopp.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

I think that's harsh.