IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

6 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Definatly, I thought we might have been in the bottom three tonight.

We are now almost 2/1 to go down. This morning we where close to evens.Ā 

Yep we definitely need it too with United away next, a point from that game would be massive

20 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Couldn't have asked for more regarding the results tonight. Great for us.

Now that all the teams at the bottom, bar West Ham, have played the same number of games, our position is no longer reliant on others. If we season ended today, we'd be safe. Dyche has done an amazing job in a short space of time. A draw against United is certainly possible. I think three wins and two draws (38) will keep us up now.Ā Ā 

I just don't see us going down any more. Yes there's still games to play, but we are not the same team we were 2-3 months ago.

The mentality has completely changed. We no longer are a team that gives up easily. We are a long way from the finished article, but it has been clear that we are actually being competitive in games.

If we keep that up, we'll be fine.

Iā€™ve said it elsewhere, the resilience Dyche has instilled in such a short time is nothing Ā short of miraculous given his starting point, and think we will be ok, hopefully well before the final day, teams will be looking at us and thinking ā€œ they will get a result somehowā€

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Iā€™ve said it elsewhere, the resilience Dyche has instilled in such a short time is nothing Ā short of miraculous given his starting point, and think we will be ok, hopefully well before the final day, teams will be looking at us and thinking ā€œ they will get a result somehowā€

I go back to after the January window when Dyche said we don't have a bad squad, at the time I thought he was deflecting from the lack of signings in the window however he's right. The football as expected is nothing spectacular, however we press the ball a lot higher and more often than I thought we would. It's amazing what a small shift in mentality can do.

If we stay up, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the transition next season. I think if we would have got Dyche in after Carlo left this season we would be battling up there with Brighton, Newcastle and Brentford etc.

I'd say I'm looking forward to the next window too to see who we bring in, but I doubt we will spend any money with the ongoing investigation. I wonder if Dyche is eyeing up Weghortst on a free.

19 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Ā 

If we stay up, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the transition next season. I think if we would have got Dyche in after Carlo left this season we would be battling up there with Brighton, Newcastle and Brentford etc.

Bringing a unwanted Benitez in to the club was probably the single biggest fuck up in a long list of fuck ups. His appointment just fractured a already delicate situation at this club. Still suffering the fallout of that decision, and could still get worse.

Who'd know where we would have been if we'd have gone for a Dyche or Howe type in the summer of 2021.

Ā 

I will also have my finger crossed that Man City get in to the CL semi final - 1st Leg on 9th May and second on 16th May, and we play them at home on 13th May.Ā 

If City don't beat Arsenal on 26th April - then the Premiership may be beyond them by the time they play us in the league.Ā 

Ā 

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I think we are going to need at least one away win - at either Palace, Brighton, Leicester or Wolves.Ā 

Given the current table - I guess perfect team to beat away now would be Leicester, as it has 6 pointer written all over it.Ā 

I think there are enough games at home where we can get the points we need. Given our current resilience who's to say we can't draw (at a minimum) vs. Wolves, Palace and Leicester - that would avoid any of them getting 3 points.

Forest have a tough tough ask, Southampton look to have left themselves a lot to do. Bournemouth are the ones who we need to have a bad run and hopefully that should make it less pressure for us fans to endure. Yes I know itā€™s in our hands but the amount we need to do is dependent on others.

if you look at Villa it shows how a few wins gets the team playing with freedom, ideally we need to be safe as soon as possible so dyche can start to experiment with the squad to prepare for next season.

Just now, Goodison Glory said:

I think there are enough games at home where we can get the points we need. Given our current resilience who's to say we can't draw (at a minimum) vs. Wolves, Palace and Leicester - that would avoid any of them getting 3 points.

Emm - Fulham, Newcastle, City and Bournemouth.Ā  Newcastle and City going to be tricky as both could be playing for CL and Championship respectively and Bournemouth also likely to be playing to survive in that game as well. Fairly tough run to get mainly wins.

Still think 3-4 away points might be needed.Ā 

19 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Emm - Fulham, Newcastle, City and Bournemouth.Ā  Newcastle and City going to be tricky as both could be playing for CL and Championship respectively and Bournemouth also likely to be playing to survive in that game as well. Fairly tough run to get mainly wins.

Still think 3-4 away points might be needed.Ā 

I can see us beating Fulham, Bournemouth and possibly NCL (draw at least).Ā 

27 points from 29 matches leaves us at 35.38 points after 38 matches.Ā 

Shite away 1 (0)
leeds home 3 (
3)
Villa home 3 (0)
Arsenal away 0 (0)
Forest away 1 (1)
brentford home 1 (3)
chelsea away 0 (1)
Spurs home 0 (1)
utd away 0
fulham home 3
Palace away 1
Newcastle home 0Ā 
leicester away 1
Brighton away 0
city home 0Ā 
wolves away 1
bournemouth home 3

Original projected points: 36 points
Current projected points: 36 points

@AidanĀ breakdown of remaining fixtures is great so I'll add that here and keep it sorted by position in the table.Ā 

Palace (12th on 30pts) - LeedsĀ (a),Ā SouthamptonĀ (a),Ā EvertonĀ (h),Ā WolvesĀ (a),Ā WHUĀ (h),Ā SpursĀ (a),Ā BournemouthĀ (h), Fulham (a),Ā ForestĀ (h)

Leeds (13th on 29pts) -Ā PalaceĀ (h),Ā LiverpoolĀ (h), Fulham (a),Ā LeicesterĀ (h),Ā BournemouthĀ (a),Ā CityĀ (a),Ā NewcastleĀ (h),Ā West HamĀ (a),Ā SpursĀ (h)Ā 

Wolves (14th on 28pts) -Ā Cheslea (h), Brentford (h),Ā LeicesterĀ (a),Ā PalaceĀ (h), Brighton (a),Ā VillaĀ (h),Ā UnitedĀ (a),Ā EvertonĀ (h),Ā ArsenalĀ (a)

WHU (15th on 27pts) -Ā NewcastleĀ (h), Fulham (a),Ā ArsenalĀ (h),Ā BournemouthĀ (a),Ā LiverpoolĀ (h),Ā PalaceĀ (a),Ā UnitedĀ (h), Brentford (a),Ā LeedsĀ (h),Ā LeicesterĀ (a)

Everton (16th on 27pts) - UnitedĀ (a), Fulham (h),Ā PalaceĀ (a),Ā NewcastleĀ (h),Ā LeicesterĀ (a), Brighton (a),Ā CityĀ (h),Ā WolvesĀ (a),Ā BournemouthĀ (h)

Forest (17th on 27pts) -Ā VillaĀ (a),Ā UnitedĀ (h),Ā LiverpoolĀ (a), Brighton (h), Brentford (a),Ā SouthamptonĀ (h), Cheslea (a)Ā ArsenalĀ (h),Ā PalaceĀ (a)

Bournemouth (18th on 27pts) -Ā LeicesterĀ (a),Ā SpursĀ (a),Ā WHUĀ (h),Ā SouthamptonĀ (a),Ā LeedsĀ (h), Chelsea (h),Ā PalaceĀ (a),Ā UnitedĀ (h),Ā EvertonĀ (a)

Leicester (19th on 25pts) - BournemouthĀ (h),Ā CityĀ (a),Ā WolvesĀ (h),Ā LeedsĀ (a),Ā EvertonĀ (h), Fulham (a),Ā LiverpoolĀ (h),Ā NewcastleĀ (a),Ā WHUĀ (h)

Southampton (20th on 23pts) - CityĀ (h),Ā PalaceĀ (h),Ā ArsenalĀ (a),Ā BournemouthĀ (h),Ā NewcastleĀ (a),Ā ForestĀ (a), Fulham (h), Brighton (a),Ā LiverpoolĀ (h)

21 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Seems to be Liverpool. But it's not for ages as they have that Europa 2 Leg tie.Ā 

I imagine they could do with out the extra Europa games at the moment.

Moyes will be under massive pressure this week - could we see another manager go!!Ā