IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

48 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Look at the faces of the Chelsea fans behind the goal. They looked like us, we’re expecting it. That alone is testament to a new spirit and fight in this team.

It was a pleasure to witness, it was pure pain and disbelief they had dominated the game and still got a bloody nose. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

this is interesting.  Not sure how their model works but to have Palace so likely to survive baffles me, my guess is it uses last seasons position and seasons run rate to predict future results. Palace have to play lots of teams in the bottom who have more form than them. 

38 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

this is interesting.  Not sure how their model works but to have Palace so likely to survive baffles me, my guess is it uses last seasons position and seasons run rate to predict future results. Palace have to play lots of teams in the bottom who have more form than them. 

Take a look at who palace have played since Jan...it's a real horror run of fixtures (perhaps except Villa)

TOT, CHE, MAN U,  NCL, MAN U, BRI, BRE, LIV, ASV, MAN C, BRI, ARS.

Agreed that you go that long without winning and it can start to affect you in even the easier games however that's some shit run of fixtures - if it was us we would be saying the league and some other higher power has it in for us.

37 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If you go into matches for the games 28th March- 3rd April they throw up some interesting predictions, with Bournemouth, West Ham, and Palace to win, and Spurs huge favourites to beat us, hope they get it wrong or we could find ourselves in the bottom 3 again. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If you go into matches for the games 28th March- 3rd April they throw up some interesting predictions, with Bournemouth, West Ham, and Palace to win, and Spurs huge favourites to beat us, hope they get it wrong or we could find ourselves in the bottom 3 again. 

Spurs are an odd side and I’m not sure if they will sack conte. Hope not cos their players will be done with him. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Spurs are an odd side and I’m not sure if they will sack conte. Hope not cos their players will be done with him. 

He came out with quite the tirade yesterday... it was worse than Scott Parker when he got the boot. Not sure how levy can stick with him. The players with def not be onside after he skated them like that. 

33 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I thought his meltdown was a great result for us, but he has couple of weeks to smooth things over with his players, but at the moment feels like 1-0 to us already. 

21 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

It's a pity we have to wait two weeks to play Spurs after Conte's outburst yesterday the players won't be behind him.

The majority will be away from him, they will be on WhatsApp groups bitching among themselves about him. 

conte wants to get sacked and hopefully he can use us to get that wish by folding at goodison. 

It's quite amazing. Just four points separate the bottom nine clubs. I've never known that happen before at this stage in the season. We could finish anywhere from 12th to 20th. In such a situation, surely momentum carries sway. I'd be rather worried if I were Palace or Forest right now. That prediction algorithm clearly looks only at opponents and place in the table, whereas momentum is far more important.

Watching Spurs v. Southampton for a bit yesterday, Spurs looked very average and beatable to me.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's quite amazing. Just four points separate the bottom nine clubs. I've never known that happen before at this stage in the season. We could finish anywhere from 12th to 20th. In such a situation, surely momentum carries sway. I'd be rather worried if I were Palace or Forest right now. That prediction algorithm clearly looks only at opponents and place in the table, whereas momentum is far more important.

Watching Spurs v. Southampton for a bit yesterday, Spurs looked very average and beatable to me.

Sounds to me there is trouble brewing at Spurs. So as good as time as any to play them this season. 

14 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Looks like mitrovic won't be around to face us. Sent off for shoving a ref...that's got to be a 3 game ban surely, which would mean he can't face us. Every bit helps. 

I think it's dependent on when their game against the shite is arranged for, so he could be back to face us.

16 minutes ago, RPG said:

I think there deserves to be enough confidence around Everton at the moment that it really shouldn't mattere who is available for the opposition.

If we continue to play like we did against Chelsea and maybe a few other results go our way we can drag our but(t)s to safety with a few games to spare!

Exactly all this who's playing or not smacks of desperation or clutching at straws really, we hopefully will be going out to beat Fulham no matter who's in there line up.