IGNORED

Watford (Away) 11th May

Romey 1878

It will be interesting to see how we approach this game.

We have been so much better since we have been inviting teams onto us and picking them off. I would worry how things will go of we suddenly start trying to be the attacking team and squeeze up the pitch. 

Even though Watford are a far weaker team, I think we need to take the same approach and take our chances as they come rather than forcing things.

• Everton are looking to win three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since March 2021, while they last won consecutive away league games in May the same year. Indeed, the Toffees’ 2-1 victory at Leicester ended a 15-game winless run on the road.

• The Hornets have lost their past 11 home league matches, the longest run of home defeats in top-flight history. In Football League history, the only side to lose more than 11 in a row at home was Rochdale between November 1931 and August 1932 in the Third Division North, a run of 14 home defeats.

• Frank Lampard has won all three of his Premier League managerial meetings with Roy Hodgson by an aggregate score of 9-2 – it’s his best 100% win rate as a manager in the top-flight.

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • Everton are looking to win three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since March 2021, while they last won consecutive away league games in May the same year. Indeed, the Toffees’ 2-1 victory at Leicester ended a 15-game winless run on the road.

• The Hornets have lost their past 11 home league matches, the longest run of home defeats in top-flight history. In Football League history, the only side to lose more than 11 in a row at home was Rochdale between November 1931 and August 1932 in the Third Division North, a run of 14 home defeats.

• Frank Lampard has won all three of his Premier League managerial meetings with Roy Hodgson by an aggregate score of 9-2 – it’s his best 100% win rate as a manager in the top-flight.

You just had to, didn't you 😅

It will be interesting to see what the Watford crowd are like tonight - they must be truly deflated, Hodgson as a manager really didn't work and apparently he blew a kiss to the Crystal Palace fans at the weekend and ignored the Watford away fans - as they '..where a bit to far from the dugout..'!! A lot of fans just want him gone. Now relegated, it might be the game when the fans let him really know what they think. Watford also still have one more home game after this, so it not like it's their final home game of the season either. 

There is every good reason to think the atmosphere from a Watford perspective will not be great and the Everton faithful will be matching the support they gave the team at Leicester.

Regards,

Rob

My nerves for the game are tempered by the fact that vicarage road will sound like goodison park…. Even down to Z cars being played.

that’s down to our amazing fans. The referee will likely be very very confused. His innate instinct to award things to the home team will be met with boos and insults.  

we need to approach this game the same way as the past 3.   Set up compact, work like bastards and essentially make Watford wish they were on the beach.  I know they are missing players but the fans will hopefully stop any complacency creeping in. 

get the 3 points however we can.  Fingers crossed Chelsea do the business against Leeds and we will be almost there.  

I can’t relax till it’s mathematically certain that we are safe but when we are safe - the energy needs directing at the board, this has been the hardest season I have had to endure as an Everton fan and that takes some doing and the fault lies with the board. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

We're doomed.

I can probably speak for a lot of us when I say that this season was the most unexpected yet deserved (not by fans) for our club.  It’s been horrible and made me evaluate how much we invest emotionally into it when you see the proper shit going on in the world. It’s not right.

we simply can’t be run the way that we have and not expect shit to happen.   The only positive to come out of this is that everyone realises what a huge passionate fan base we have- none moreso than the manager who I think in a short space of time has realised what Alan Ball meant when he said once Everton has touched you nothing is the same. 

Keane in for mina.

Allan in for Delph @ Alli in for Gray.

Pickford 

Coleman    Holgate      Keane        Myko 

Doucoure                  Allan 

Iwobi                      Alli                    Gordon

Richarlison 

If we have anywhere near 7000 fans in the stadium (21,500 capacity) then it will definitely have the feel of a home game.

I am guessing Watford fans themselves will not be clamoring for general sale tickets for this match.

The fans have definitely help bring some much needed pride and passion to the club this past few month. Lets hope is a catalyst for all those with power at the club how so so important the real day in day out fans really are to a club like this.

I think Frank Lampard has possibly been shocked and surprised at what he has been seeing from the fans - Even at Chelsea winning trophy after trophy at a big club he will not have seen this sort of hands on passion from the fan base.