• Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Anthony Gordon
    • Demarai Gray
    • Dwight McNeil
    • Mason Holgate
    • Dele Alli
    • Ruben Vinagre

Obviously either Tarkowski or Iwobi for me. Iwobi looks like a decent distributor these days and was the only consistent source of creation from the midfield. But I went for Tark. He’s come right in and become the calming presence on the squad. The whole back line is already looking to him. And he nearly netted one in the first half.

Iwobi very solid, Tark was excellent but I voted for Patterson. In his first real debut against a top 4 type side I was really impressed. Got done by Sterling once but so do most and it’s his first real action. His desire to get up the pitch and contribute was obvious but that isn’t the thing that caught my eye the most. He is an aggressive defender in the best sense. A couple of times a ball went out wide and he hounded their player without fouling. Never let them turn to face him and it resulted in a turnover. Love that. He also has some fire to him. I don’t know how good he will be but he isn’t scared to play and that’s a really good sign.

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Iwobi for me too. 

He is sharp and he sees things a lot quicker than anyone else. His energy levels were great too. 

Holgate deserves a shout for coming in like that and doing well.

Holgate performed well at the end of last season as well. Hopefully turned the corner. We will need him

10 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Could be any of them to be fair, Iwobi can play in midfield and play very well, Tarks is a defensive beast, Pattinson in Colemans rightful heir, Holgate was excellent, the player we all know he can be. The rest were all good. Just went for Tarks because we look so solid with him in it.

He knows just when to step up. Love it. Aside from the injuries, I’m strangely encouraged. If we defend that solidly I think we will, at least, avoid a relegation battle.

There were some good performances despite the result. Tarkowski is going to make all the difference in defence: a great asset. Iwobi has developed into a fine player: His layback to Doucoure was quick thinking. Patterson has surely quietened the doubters with a strong start. This team will do much better this season than last.

Made up to see Patterson do so well, need to get the forward players picking out his runs. Tarkowski, we’ve seen enough. 
The big one for me was Iwobi, thought he was outstanding. Two new midfielders about to walk through the door, let’s start seeing people fight for their place. He has to keep his place. 

We need a striker. 

Must have had ten Corners against us today but we looked so much better at the back, would have conceded two goals last season from those corners.

Tarks and Mina played very well but I'm really impressed with Patterson, I think we've got a very good player there, he gets my vote.

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

Must have had ten Corners against us today but we looked so much better at the back, would have conceded two goals last season from those corners.

Tarks and Mina played very well but I'm really impressed with Patterson, I think we've got a very good player there, he gets my vote.

Said that to my mates, 14 corners against us. Tarkowski was organising big time. Last year that’s 3 goals I reckon. 

Had to go with Iwobi. I am so encouraged he has started this season just the way he finished last season

He is always being pick by the squad as being the most skillful player, and somehow Lampard has really brought him out of his shell and he is showing his skill and matching it with work rate. 

Seeing what Lampard has done with Iwobi is hopefully a real indicator that he is going to develop in to a first rate manager.

19 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Had to go with Iwobi. I am so encouraged he has started this season just the way he finished last season

He is always being pick by the squad as being the most skillful player, and somehow Lampard has really brought him out of his shell and he is showing his skill and matching it with work rate. 

Seeing what Lampard has done with Iwobi is hopefully a real indicator that he is going to develop in to a first rate manager.

The turning point for me was when he made that big error towards the end of last season. Fans stayed behind him and he performed well the next time out. 

Went with Tarkowski, we looked so much better at the back compared to last season, he bring a bit of calm, as well as bite and organises well, which brought out good performance from Patterson, Myko, Holgate and the midfield, Iwobi will become a Goodison favourite if he continues like yesterday.