IGNORED

Bournemouth (Away) EFL Cup Tuesday 8th November

Btay

Cup game first up (obviously)

Need to prioritise the weekend game against Bournemouth over this.

No idea who Lampard will go with but hope we get through to the next round and beat this lot on weekend, which is the premier league game.

24 minutes ago, Btay said:

Must win game, simple as that.

Normally I would say put your best team out for this one and prioritise this one over the cup game but I don’t really know what our best team is with form & injuries.

Pickford

Patterson    Coady    Tarks     Mykolenko

Garner         Iwobi       Doucoure

Gordon               Maupay                  Gray

This.....is the cup game.

• Btay changed the title to Bournemouth (Away) EFL Cup Tuesday 8th November
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Can't say I'm arsed about this in the slightest tbh.

Hope to see the likes of Garner, Mills, Welch get some sort of a go and maybe see something of Price and/or Whitaker.

Agreed.

Begovic
Patterson Holgate Welch Vinagre
Davies Doucoure Garner (in the hole)
McNeil Rondon Gordon

Somehow Maupay is even harder to watch than Rondon. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think we should look at this as a statement of intent. Lets beat these lot twice in a week and show ourselves and everyone else that we are better than them and that we should be looking up the table rather than down.

The problem is we aren't scoring goals since Liverpool beat them they have been decent.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see us winning either game and the press will be after lampards head.

Edited by patto
Mistake

2 hours ago, Tonsta said:

Must put out our best team for this and show our intent.

After the weekend they have a month off, so no problem with fatigue.

Unless they’re fatigued on Saturday from 3 games in a week and two trips to the south coast. We’re now winless in 7 against promoted sides. Saturday is obviously not a must win this early but it sure as hell feels very important with the layoff coming. 

I would think Bournemouth will rather win Saturday and get the 3 points than get into the next round of the league cup. And I think we will be looking at the same outcome, we don't want Bournemouth going 2 points ahead of us at the weekend. So I think we will see 2 teams made up of fringe players, so anyone's game, but not a must win for any team, but Saturday is a different matter. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mina will probably play this one.

How long will he last? 20 minutes?

I’d rather see Godfrey back over Mina but think it will be Holgate as neither made the bench last game . I like Mina and appreciate his qualities but Coady is much better version of him for me. I’d maybe save Mina for if we are ever in the unlikely position we are defending a lead and need another CB on to clear balls into our area ( Keane also suits this )

As for the game, I don’t really mind the result but a chance for Lampard to tweak things and find that attacking threat so maybe something different.

Fullbacks to offer width, wingers to link up with them and get inside. Get Gray involved and try force him to run the game.

Pickford  
Patterson  Holgate    Tarks   Vinagre

Garner             Doucoure 

McNeil                Gray            Gordon

Maupay

3 hours ago, Btay said:

I’d rather see Godfrey back over Mina but think it will be Holgate as neither made the bench last game . I like Mina and appreciate his qualities but Coady is much better version of him for me. I’d maybe save Mina for if we are ever in the unlikely position we are defending a lead and need another CB on to clear balls into our area ( Keane also suits this )

As for the game, I don’t really mind the result but a chance for Lampard to tweak things and find that attacking threat so maybe something different.

Fullbacks to offer width, wingers to link up with them and get inside. Get Gray involved and try force him to run the game.

Pickford  

Maupay

Tbh, it’ll piss me off even seeing Mina take (wasting) a spot on the bench. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Such predicament to play him to get him in the shop window when he’s a moment away from an injury.

I'd play him, he's bound to get injured so misses the World Cup. I'm fucked off that he's hardly ever fit to play for us but always manages to play for his country. 

28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I'd play him, he's bound to get injured so misses the World Cup. I'm fucked off that he's hardly ever fit to play for us but always manages to play for his country. 

I’m pretty sure Columbia didn’t even qualify for the World Cup so we can’t even have him in the window for that!

17 hours ago, Btay said:

Pickford  

Maupay

Too bad Gray hates passing to teammates.

1 hour ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m for this.  Also, like to see Holgate as the sitter, protecting back 4.

What? This a complete wind up?

We have 6 midfielders at the club who all should be in that spot before him.  Why do people always forget Garner and Onana have both played this role at previous clubs?

We have a squad now and hopefully playing people out of position is a thing of the past.

I'd go with 4-3-3

Begovic
Patterson  Holgate    Mina   Vinagre

Garner     Doucoure     Davies 

McNeil            Maupay               Gordon

Probably too soon for Godfrey.  Rumors of Keane out on loan in January so more important to us to get the other CBs who might actually play this season some minutes.  Remember Coady is on loan from Wolves and thus will miss those games.  Only use Gray and Iwobi if needed with an eye towards the weekend.  Hopefully Bournemouth have a weak lineup and we cruise through allowing us to throw on some youth like Mills, Welch, or Cannon. 

Would tell the midfield to stay in shape, pack the middle, and control the game which might allow our full backs to get forward.  Doucoure with the most license to get forward but they could easily rotate (ie making sure two stay in midfield)

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

What? This a complete wind up?

We have 6 midfielders at the club who all should be in that spot before him.  Why do people always forget Garner and Onana have both played this role at previous clubs?

We have a squad now and hopefully playing people out of position is a thing of the past.

Ha, no, not a wind up.  A foolish idea, perhaps, but no wind up.  I assume Onana is injured.  (It appears to me, too, that he’s inclined to get forward, despite lacking obvious attacking skills.  But that’s a discussion for another day....)  As for Garner, I haven’t seen him as a sitter, but if he is, by all means play him there.  Davies, too, but he’s not played there much, if at all.  So, as for 6 midfielders, yes, we got ‘em, but only Gana Gueye seems to play sitter, and he’s injured.

I do think Holgate deserves a start in this match, and expect Lampard to start him.  Undoubtedly in the back 4 rather than as wind-up sitter.