IGNORED

Bournemouth (Away) EFL Cup Tuesday 8th November

Btay

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Saved legs in what is a tight schedule, in a cup competition that we aren't going to win and serves nothing more than a distraction from the league. Not arsed one bit about us going out, and of course we now have a better chance in the "real" fixture.

Would love to be able to compete on all fronts, but we're not good enough as a club to do so.

What’s sad is that with us struggling in the league this was a chance for some of the fringe players to claim a stake for more time. All it’s done is show Lampard we no depth outside our 11-13 first team players - who aren’t fairing much better.

Maupay was absolute trash tonight. Major concerns over him right now.

Personally, i see many positives from this result:

1) We don't waste time on a pointless cup in a season when the World Cup has already compressed the schedule unreasonably.

2) We rested our first team ahead of an important league game at the weekend.

3) We gave a couple of youngsters the chance to play against Prem opposition.

4) We learned a decent amount about how Bournemouth are likely to play against us at the weekend.

Negatives? Can't really think of any.

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Saved legs in what is a tight schedule, in a cup competition that we aren't going to win and serves nothing more than a distraction from the league. Not arsed one bit about us going out, and of course we now have a better chance in the "real" fixture.

Would love to be able to compete on all fronts, but we're not good enough as a club to do so.

Saves legs?

FFS it’s the first week in November and they have 6 weeks off after we get beat on Saturday. If they need to rest then the need fucking off
You are right in one thing though it’s a competition we will never win because we never take it seriously. It’s the only competition we realistically have a chance in so I just can’t comprehend why the club or any of our fans aren’t interested

I honestly think that all we have done is hand them a massive confidence boost whilst at the same time heaping more pressure on ourselves

Also when we went two nil down why then make those subs to chase a game we clearly had no interest in winning?

I fully expected Iwobi to see red for lashing out at the end there and miss three games just to compound the farce 

Frank  has had a lot of good will from the terraces despite results not improving but that will soon evaporate quickly if they continue to disrespect the travelling fans like that

i could understand throwing in a few fringe players and resting players with knocks but completely throwing the towel in and totally destroying confidence / morale just makes no sense to me

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Personally, i see many positives from this result:

1) We don't waste time on a pointless cup in a season when the World Cup has already compressed the schedule unreasonably.

2) We rested our first team ahead of an important league game at the weekend.

3) We gave a couple of youngsters the chance to play against Prem opposition.

4) We learned a decent amount about how Bournemouth are likely to play against us at the weekend.

Negatives? Can't really think of any.

I really can’t get my head around your first point, In what way is it pointless?

Winning it ends our trophy drought and guarantees European football 

Why do you have any interest in Everton Football Club if you don’t want them to be successful and win trophies?

We gave the kids ten minutes by which time we were already getting twatted so all we were doing was throwing them into a toxic environment , not sure that’s a great way to develop them

I’m lucky enough to have been following us home and away in the glory years of the mid 80’s so it’s a completely alien concept for me to be happy that we just exist. It ruins my week if we lose a preseason friendly so to not only accept abject failure in a domestic cup competition but not even see any negatives just blows my mind 

Unfortunately, turned out to be not much more than a run our for the second string, with a number of players returning to fitness from injury - and it showed. 

And that is pretty much what this cup now is year on year, just a place to give squad members a run out.

I do feel for fans who pay money to travel and watch these games, but not at all surprised at the result once the line up was announced.

This result can only really be judged properly once we play the league game against them in a few day time. 

12 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Unfortunately, turned out to be not much more than a run our for the second string, with a number of players returning to fitness from injury - and it showed. 

And that is pretty much what this cup now is year on year, just a place to give squad members a run out.

I do feel for fans who pay money to travel and watch these games, but not at all surprised at the result once the line up was announced.

This result can only really be judged properly once we play the league game against them in a few day time. 

If we win at the weekend it will be despite this result not because of it

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

If we win at the weekend then tonight's game will be a massive reason why - that's surely obvious to anyone regardless of what side of the fence you sit. 

I must be missing something then, as far as I can see all we have done is rest a few players who don’t or at least shouldn’t need a rest and in doing so have destroyed any signs of positivity / confidence by getting twatted

The fans have gone from getting right behind Frank and the team to booing them off the pitch. 

The only things we have succeeded in doing are extending our trophy drought and ramping up the pressure on the players to get a result on Saturday 

Winning breeds confidence losing has the opposite effect and I can guess which squad of players will be more confident on Saturday

Feel free to point out the positives of us getting twatted though

I had a bit of a disjointed watch but from what I saw our midfield were non-existent, our defenders looked uninterested and Im not convinced we played with any attackers.

It was disjointed, there was so much space for them between the lines and once again we had little in attack.

The one surprise was that on a couple of occasions Davies looked quick!?

Well that was fucking shite wasn't it?

Going off Lampard's comments after the game a fair few who played last night have been asking for more game time and opportunities. His comments also suggest that they won't be getting anymore of them after the poor performances all over the pitch.

It'll look even worse for them if the first 11 players now go there at the weekend and get a win. Lampard will be hoping they do as well or things are going to get dicey for him.

Rumours of trouble in dressing room after the game I don’t know if it is true. 
Gana and Onana really need to step up now. 
upfront I don’t know what we do it’s a shambles. 
On another point Billing is far better than what we have in midfield how much would he have cost I wonder. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

Rumours of trouble in dressing room after the game I don’t know if it is true. 
Gana and Onana really need to step up now. 
upfront I don’t know what we do it’s a shambles. 
On another point Billing is far better than what we have in midfield how much would he have cost I wonder. 

Would rather they show some fight on the pitch not in the dressing room but hey, it’s a start right.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well that was fucking shite wasn't it?

Going off Lampard's comments after the game a fair few who played last night have been asking for more game time and opportunities. His comments also suggest that they won't be getting anymore of them after the poor performances all over the pitch.

It'll look even worse for them if the first 11 players now go there at the weekend and get a win. Lampard will be hoping they do as well or things are going to get dicey for him.

I think that is exactly right, these games and opportunity are there for fringe players to step up and show why they should be closer to the starting 11. However, it is difficult to get a fluid 'team' when most of the team that was put out last night will not have recently player together, but you hope that two or three inspired individual performance help get the team over the line. It just lacked anybody getting hold of the game by the scruff of the neck. 

Lampard has to give these fringe players a chance to show what they have got in the odd game, but none really shone through. I think we all know a 'weak' squad was inherited so last night not a massive surprise, and its was always going to take more than one financially constrained transfer window to sort out. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Would rather they show some fight on the pitch not in the dressing room but hey, it’s a start right.

I agree it’s a start if true some of our players have really bad attitudes. 
it’s not worth naming them I think we all have an idea who they are. 
most of that lineup last night wouldn’t be missed 1 iota let’s hope we can move them on in January. 

Let’s just say the residue of the attitude that near got us relegated is still there.   Whether it’s Keane and Holgate and their “not arsed” attitude to stopping danger, players not running or making themselves available, doucoure and Davies looking like pembridge and gemmil…… 

lampard needs to understand that he’s at a critical time. A good few players need launching and lampard needs to get tough on himself and the players. 

Holgate, Mina, and Keane have possibly just played their last game for the club. Doucoure is a big disappointment, and I wonder whether that's because he's taken being dropped as a personal slight and it's affected his attitude/motivation. I hope the youngsters Cannon and Mills aren't dejected by this match because they are potential bright stars in our future.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Holgate, Mina, and Keane have possibly just played their last game for the club. Doucoure is a big disappointment, and I wonder whether that's because he's taken being dropped as a personal slight and it's affected his attitude/motivation. I hope the youngsters Cannon and Mills aren't dejected by this match because they are potential bright stars in our future.

They weren’t involved long enough for it to affect them. 

16 minutes ago, Btay said:

With the way these games are going at the moment it would have been a good chance to win some silverware 

My thought exactly; Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea all on the way out, Liverpool going to shoot-out as it stands. You have to be in it to win it.

10 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think that is exactly right, these games and opportunity are there for fringe players to step up and show why they should be closer to the starting 11. However, it is difficult to get a fluid 'team' when most of the team that was put out last night will not have recently player together, but you hope that two or three inspired individual performance help get the team over the line. It just lacked anybody getting hold of the game by the scruff of the neck. 

Lampard has to give these fringe players a chance to show what they have got in the odd game, but none really shone through. I think we all know a 'weak' squad was inherited so last night not a massive surprise, and its was always going to take more than one financially constrained transfer window to sort out. 

Its very difficult to put a group of fringe players like that and get a result. If you want to see what a fringe player can do, they need to go into a settled squad and that is when you judge them properly. For example, I dont think you would have seen much difference if you played one of Coady, Gueye or Dom. Some of the first teamers came on late and we were just as bad.

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Let’s just say the residue of the attitude that near got us relegated is still there.   Whether it’s Keane and Holgate and their “not arsed” attitude to stopping danger, players not running or making themselves available, doucoure and Davies looking like pembridge and gemmil…… 

lampard needs to understand that he’s at a critical time. A good few players need launching and lampard needs to get tough on himself and the players. 

I think this needs to be extended to some of the new players too. 

Patterson had a rough game which was encapsulated in that 4th goal. Maupay was anonymous for most of the game. Garner's defensive work is leakier than a sieve. Even last years golden boy (Gordon) did fuck all. 

The usual suspects will all get blamed and I get that but that was a fuck up from top to bottom. Hopefully it doesn't linger and we can move on with 3 points at the weekend.