IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

No wonder we are where we are. For all the shit the board gets for being so short-sighted and rash in its decision-making, we fans make them look like amateurs when it comes to self-destructive tendencies.

Some daft sub decisions is enough to warrant the manager being written off already? Jesus wept, no wonder the board think they can play us for fools with utter nonsense like that. 

Matt, this isn’t knee jerk.  Fans have become well accustomed to managers making bad decisions and stubbornly sticking to them.

Dyche insistence on keeping Holgate on last week was absolutely mind boggling.  No one in their right mind thought he would play Godfrey at full back vs Newcastle as other teams like Fulham showed how we can get undone by the overload. Yet he started and not only started with Godfrey but kept him on and he got absolutely destroyed by Newcastle. 

He will not recover from that. It was awful from Godfrey but Dyche should have taken him away from it. 

After the keystone cops defending he said keane had a good game…..  keanes condidece is on the low part of his cycle. He’s a great lad but he struggles after a bad game. 

we are stuck with dyche till the end of the season, let’s hope we stay up and we do some proper surgery from boardroom to dressing room. Including management 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Matt, this isn’t knee jerk.  Fans have become well accustomed to managers making bad decisions and stubbornly sticking to them.

Dyche insistence on keeping Holgate on last week was absolutely mind boggling.  No one in their right mind thought he would play Godfrey at full back vs Newcastle as other teams like Fulham showed how we can get undone by the overload. Yet he started and not only started with Godfrey but kept him on and he got absolutely destroyed by Newcastle. 

He will not recover from that. It was awful from Godfrey but Dyche should have taken him away from it. 

After the keystone cops defending he said keane had a good game…..  keanes condidece is on the low part of his cycle. He’s a great lad but he struggles after a bad game. 

we are stuck with dyche till the end of the season, let’s hope we stay up and we do some proper surgery from boardroom to dressing room. Including management 

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just a general rant over the idiocy and hypocrisy around our situation (and on day 3 of this migraine, so I've got 0 patience).

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Everyone on Sean about subs... let's get it right, we have the worst bench in the league.

Sometimes change for change sake works... but sometimes shite is shite.

Mina, James Garner, Simms and Patterson are viable options from the bench and should be used. Patterson should Acton’s starting. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just a general rant over the idiocy and hypocrisy around our situation (and on day 3 of this migraine, so I've got 0 patience).

Idiocy….. like doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.   Yep, I’m talking about centre halves at full back.

hope the migraine clears matt

42 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Idiocy….. like doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.   Yep, I’m talking about centre halves at full back.

hope the migraine clears matt

Thanks man, happens every now and again, worst was 3 days. Its starting to wane a bit thankfully.

Completely agree that some of his decision making is idiotic at times, but he's a vast improvement on a lot of managers we've had, and a few bizarre team choices isn't justification to call for his head or question his abilities or intentions in my opinion.

3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Everyone on Sean about subs... let's get it right, we have the worst bench in the league.

Sometimes change for change sake works... but sometimes shite is shite.

So that means you don’t try and change a game when it’s going against you because your subs are shit, great thinking 🤔 there plaid exactly the same thing Dyche must be thinking. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

So that means you don’t try and change a game when it’s going against you because your subs are shit, great thinking 🤔 there plaid exactly the same thing Dyche must be thinking. 

I am not against subs, just saying they are not our automatic salvation either like they are being touted in this thread... People always say they could not do any worse but that is just simply not true haha

No one would bat an eye if Sean actually hooked some of these players but on the same hand if we subbed a player after every individual mistake? in this squad? we might need 10 subs instead of 5, haha.

45 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If bringing on a sub makes your team weaker then yes, leave them on the bench. Our first 11 is shit enough, but our back ups are a joke. 

38 minutes ago, StevO said:

How about sacking a manager every 12 months? Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Decline in results and expensive pay offs. 

Not suggesting sacking him, I’m stating the fact that I’ve lost confidence in him and if we have the opportunity we should be looking at wholesale changes in the summer. 

my understanding is that we may have the option to part ways in the summer. Not sure if this is the case. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

How about sacking a manager every 12 months? Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Decline in results and expensive pay offs. 

Are you saying we should have kept Koeman, Allardyce, Benitez, and Lampard for instance. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If bringing on a sub makes your team weaker then yes, leave them on the bench. Our first 11 is shit enough, but our back ups are a joke. 

That’s a ridiculous statement, to say you wouldn’t try to make changes with your subs to change the direction of a game that you want to win, until you go 3-0 down. You maybe right our subs are shite but doing nothing is the shitiest thing he could have done. We had Gray and Garner on the bench they should have been brought on at 60 minutes well before the 2 and 3 goals, his decision making in game time is poor to say the least. I want to stay up and not go down because the manager tactically doesn’t know how to effect a game so does nothing until the game is lost, even if like you he thinks our players are shit it doesn’t make it right to try nothing. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That’s a ridiculous statement, to say you wouldn’t try to make changes with your subs to change the direction of a game that you want to win, until you go 3-0 down. You maybe right our subs are shite but doing nothing is the shitiest thing he could have done. We had Gray and Garner on the bench they should have been brought on at 60 minutes well before the 2 and 3 goals, his decision making in game time is poor to say the least. I want to stay up and not go down because the manager tactically doesn’t know how to effect a game so does nothing until the game is lost, even if like you he thinks our players are shit it doesn’t make it right to try nothing. 

It’s really not ridiculous. The bit in bold, no, I didn’t say that, I didn’t even mention the game just our shit squad. If the player you’re bringing on isn’t as good as the player you’re taking off then there’s no point. Of course form needs to come into it, and fitness and injury and all of that. 
But looking at our bench against Newcastle for example, I’d have brought Gray on. But there may be a reason he wasn’t. I’d have also brought Paterson on, but he’s hardly filled me with confidence either. I don’t see Garner changing that game, I don’t think he’s that kind of player. He may be in the future, but I don’t think he offers more than Gana (obviously we disagree there) and not sure I’d want him playing alongside Onana. 
We have an absolutely shite squad, there are very little options in to change this team. I’m not saying don’t try, but if we’re bad and our options are worse I can understand not wanting to change it and make it even worse. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Are you saying we should have kept Koeman, Allardyce, Benitez, and Lampard for instance. 

No, I’m not. Really we shouldn’t have been in a situation with Allardyce or Benitez to start with, neither of them should have been within walking distance of the club, which in tern takes Lampard out of the picture. We need the club to be in a situation where the manager doesn’t get sacked every year as it’s progressively got worse. We need to be planning long term. At some point we need to stick to a plan. The risk of not sacking a manager is we could get relegated, we’ve been getting closer and closer while still sacking managers. 
But let’s not be selective of all of our managers here. Look at Silva, his team was struggling yes, I wanted him out too (we were all chasing the dream), but turns out he wasn’t a bad manager. Maybe we could have given him more time. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

But let’s not be selective of all of our managers here. Look at Silva, his team was struggling yes, I wanted him out too (we were all chasing the dream), but turns out he wasn’t a bad manager. Maybe we could have given him more time. 

But not cutting it with us at the time. Dyche needs to stay, whichever division we are in, and build his own side. Should be easier once we get rid of the dross.

Dyche conceded 4 goals in his first 4 matches then 18 in his last 9 since replacing Coady with Keane, he keeps alluding that we are close to having all the players fit who won the Arsenal game as if that’s going to give us the best chance of staying up, so it will be interesting to see if Coleman is fit whether he stands by his words and he drops Keane and DCL to try and recreate his Arsenal achievement, it will be interesting to see if he has the balls to walk the walk and believe in his own rhetoric with his team selection if Coleman is fit, but looking at the stats it’s surely time to revert back to Coady, because the back 4 aren’t playing very well as a unit. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Dyche conceded 4 goals in his first 4 matches then 18 in his last 9 since replacing Coady with Keane, he keeps alluding that we are close to having all the players fit who won the Arsenal game as if that’s going to give us the best chance of staying up, so it will be interesting to see if Coleman is fit whether he stands by his words and he drops Keane and DCL to try and recreate his Arsenal achievement, it will be interesting to see if he has the balls to walk the walk and believe in his own rhetoric with his team selection if Coleman is fit, but looking at the stats it’s surely time to revert back to Coady, because the back 4 aren’t playing very well as a unit. 

Sadly I agree mate, not so much on if it’s Keane who gets dropped but either him or Tarkowski shouldn’t be starting the next match. I really don’t rate Coady though either but something needs to change.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Read the same thing in the Guardian, and was going to post something about that line, because on first look it really seemed to be an eye-opener. But on further inspection...

"Everton are in serious danger of being relegated for the first time since 1951, having collected one win from the past 10 games. Dyche claims there has been positive change since he replaced Frank Lampard, whose final 10 Premier League matches yielded five points with seven goals scored and 17 conceded. Dyche took six points from his opening three games but his record over the past 10 matches reads seven points won, eight goals scored and 20 conceded. Everton conceded four goals in Dyche’s first four games but have shipped 18 in nine matches since he replaced Conor Coady with Michael Keane in central defence."

When I think about it the stats look like this:

image.png.538741545e8c80246d87b579b8ffd6d0.png

I don't know about anyone else, but except for the new manager bump where Dyche got us 6 points from his first 3 games, I don't see a huge difference here.  

Admittedly, there has been a marked improvement in attitude, we certainly don't, or at least in the main haven't been, folding over as soon as we go down, which was the hallmark of Lampard's final games. And with DCL coming back in perhaps there is hope that we will see an uptick in the goals scored column.

And OK, maybe that 0.2 points per game, and change in attitude, will turn out to be the difference in whether we go down or not.

But what these stats speak to me more than anything, and this goes back to those suggesting Dyche should be moved on - if you make a cake with the same ingredients you're gonna get very similar results.

There's no one going to come in and start get us challenging in the top half of the table without serious and proper reinvestment in the first team squad. The team itself is simply not fit for purpose. It needs rebuilding, and that will unfortunately take time and patience - something a lot of fans evidently lack. 

We're in a shit place, it took a minute to get here - it'll take a minute to get back out.