IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Really looking forward to seeing Harrison on laying in our shirt myself. 

And me mate, did you read the article in the Echo where 4 of their pundits had to give what they thought would be Dyche’s best starting 11 if all were injury free, I was quite surprised that not one of them put Harrison in Dyche’s starting 11. I doubt it but do they know something about him we don’t, because I’m really looking forward to seeing him play, as long as Dyche doesn’t try to make him a RB😂

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And me mate, did you read the article in the Echo where 4 of their pundits had to give what they thought would be Dyche’s best starting 11 if all were injury free, I was quite surprised that not one of them put Harrison in Dyche’s starting 11. I doubt it but do they know something about him we don’t, because I’m really looking forward to seeing him play, as long as Dyche doesn’t try to make him a RB😂

Had they forgot he was with us

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think that’s probably a case of not in sight not in mind. He has never came across as trouble. But then again who does until you see them playing for your team.

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think all fit then our starting offensive line up is signficantly stronger than last season and dare I say it there would be decent options off the bench. 

If they all get and stay fit, then Dyche has some reasonable tools to get the team scoring more. Then we can really judge if he is going to be a decent enough manager for us. Last season was backs against the wall, the first month of this season he was still without a proper striker and with McNeil injured.

Will be very interesting to see how we are going at the beginning of December.

If we include Forest on the 2nd December, that’s 10 matches between now and then.

I’d like to see us with at least 15 points by then. That we see us averaging a little more than a point a game, which over the course of the season gets you to the 40 point mark.

Obviously, that’s not an ambitious target but I think it should be a good indicator as to whether we are going to be struggling again come April and whether Dyche is up to the job.

Besides that, performances are going to count for a lot and we’re going to have to keep our fingers crossed with regard to injuries.

4 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

If we include Forest on the 2nd December, that’s 10 matches between now and then.

I’d like to see us with at least 15 points by then. That we see us averaging a little more than a point a game, which over the course of the season gets you to the 40 point mark.

Obviously, that’s not an ambitious target but I think it should be a good indicator as to whether we are going to be struggling again come April and whether Dyche is up to the job.

Besides that, performances are going to count for a lot and we’re going to have to keep our fingers crossed with regard to injuries.

The first half of the season is likely to be consolidation, and I agree with averaging a point a game. The second half of the season should be progression, gaining 1-1/2 points per game or more. That would give us a target of 18+27 = 45 points for the season. After two very dark years, I'd be OK with that.

4 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

I'd argue that is ambitious after the past 2 years :lol:

23 hours ago, Matt said:

That kind of shit is exactly what I'm talking about :crying:

I hate reading shit like that.

Pep could be in trouble!!!!!!! Headline!!!

Rumours have it that if Man City get relegated, Pep could possibly lose his job. 

It’s amazing that if Dyche record of a point every four games continues… he may lose his job! 
So thankful they let us know.

It's been said many times but it's unfortunate that this seems to be the way most clubs operate now and certainly the way we operate. When you can't just outspend other clubs, you need to have consistency in tactics and recruitment and development. Annual turnover of managers is one of the biggest reasons we're here. 

You can call out Moshiri / the board's recruitment all you want but in my opinion once you bring a manager in he needs at least two full seasons to be properly evaluated.

8 hours ago, Gwlad said:

I'm more than happy to let Sean crack on with the poisoned chalice. Can't think of another manager who I would prefer and hopefully he is beginning to create the squad that he wants to take us forward.

Potter is available but he's already proven he can't deal with egos so not sure we'd be any better with him. 

2 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

It's been said many times but it's unfortunate that this seems to be the way most clubs operate now and certainly the way we operate. When you can't just outspend other clubs, you need to have consistency in tactics and recruitment and development. Annual turnover of managers is one of the biggest reasons we're here. 

You can call out Moshiri / the board's recruitment all you want but in my opinion once you bring a manager in he needs at least two full seasons to be properly evaluated.

Part of my training in my younger days was expectation and change management. The (repeatedly proven) concept was that any position requires a minimum of 3 years to really know it and evolve in it.

Year 1 is finding your feet with your team, learning the company, ways of work etc.

Year 2 is, after having a decent understanding of the "as is" situation from year 1, being in a position to implement more of your core beliefs and ideas. You can see the major issues but also quick wins that resolve bigger problems.

With a year of understanding and a year of introducing your approach, year 3 is the first real glimpse of the reality going forward because that's really the first time you're in the position to make significant changes. 

As fans and as a club, we need to be more patient. Change is very rarely comfortable or quick.

Don't see the point of sacking him, that's what we have done for the last 10 years, that's why we are were we are, give him 3 years then judge him, if we go down we go down and come back stronger, we have got to stop this sacking the manager as some sort of plan to avoid relegation.

Its been said on here many times keep doing the same thing, keep getting the same results.

I don’t see the point either, but it’s the way of the world. If performances and results continue in this manner the pressure will mount - from the fans and the media.

If these new owners come in, are they going to accept the bad results and performances? History tells us new owners are often quick to impose their will.

I totally agree that chopping and changing the manager can’t be the answer. But that’s not how the PL works. If managers are not getting results, they get sacked.

He’s got to turn it around in the next few matches or it’s going to start to get ugly.