IGNORED

Liverpool away (Feb 13)

Cornish Steve

The less said about that one the better. I expected that type of performance against Arsenal not Liverpool. 

Individually our back four and keeper were a shambles. The decision making from Pickford/Myko and Coady for both goals was incredible. Their midfield, which has been a weakness, completely dominated ours. 

Fair play to them, they turned up today and beat us convincingly. Its done now, forget about it and move on to a much more favourable run of games.

That was fucking revolting.

We all know we're going to lose games, and particularly against them at Mordor, but the least I expect is to compete in every game. That was anything but competing. Embarrassing. Inept. Incompetent. Gutless. I could fucking go on but you get the point.

At no time in that game were we even matching them. We were already in the fucking Championship the distance between the two sides was that great. The most galling thing is that they weren't even that good, they didn't need to be. They should have scored more than 2 but the two they scored we absolutely fucking gifted them. What has happened to players taking one for the team and cynically fouling players?! The Southampton game wasn't even that long ago when we should've taken the player out on the half way line. How many times are sides going to break on us before we fucking learn?! For fucks sake, we didn't even learn from the shites first goal. We are fucking slow, so cut the break off before it causes damage. It's not rocket science. This might be the most unintelligent set of players I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

Pickford - He made some decent saves but what the fuck was he doing for their first goal?! I'm not asking him to stay rooted to his line but don't come out that far, make him have to make a decision rather than handing him an open bastard goal.

Coleman - Just fuck off.

Tarkowski - Has he played football before?

Coady - He can fuck off with Coleman. Absolute embarrassment for that second goal.

Mykolenko - Back to the form before the last game where you're wondering if he's even a footballer.

Iwobi - My word, he was back to being the Iwoeful I'd have given away. Much like he gave the ball away at every given opportunity.

Gana - Did we swap him for a hologram tonight?

Onana - Where was that powerful, proactive player from last week? Lackadaisical to say the least.

McNeil - If he didn't have a left foot he'd be playing for our disabled side. 

Doucoure - Supposed to be supporting the striker but he couldn't have supported a fucking breadcrumb this evening.

Simms - He was very, very poor, but I can't find it in me to criticise him too much because he should not be here. He should still be at Sunderland so we can sell him in the summer for a few million. The incompetence of those in charge means that he had to be thrown in at the deep end, and now someone is going to have to perform CPR on him after he drowned out there tonight.

Not as a knee jerk reaction but as I said on here prior to the appointment I just don’t think he’s tactically good enough. These players are poor but hoofing it repeatedly forward to an isolated inexperienced PL striker was school boy stuff. I can start to say how disappointed I was with this. Dyche unfortunately only knows one way and didn’t evolve in the decade he was with Burnley. He’s also a one club manager so isn’t used to much change or needing to adapt as his side was fairly settled throughout. If we stay up I’ll be surprised but over the moon. If we go down Dyche better not be our manager next season. 

2 minutes ago, barryj said:

Not as a knee jerk reaction but as I said on here prior to the appointment I just don’t think he’s tactically good enough. These players are poor but hoofing it repeatedly forward to an isolated inexperienced PL striker was school boy stuff. I can start to say how disappointed I was with this. Dyche unfortunately only knows one way and didn’t evolve in the decade he was with Burnley. He’s also a one club manager so isn’t used to much change or needing to adapt as his side was fairly settled throughout. If we stay up I’ll be surprised but over the moon. If we go down Dyche better not be our manager next season. 

He managed Watford too, and was sacked... 👀:lol:.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not the time for an "I told you so" given we are all so angry and raw at that ineptitude...but....I told you so. Lots on here had blue tinted glasses after the arsenal fame. I as others did said don't get  carried away, our players have not shown us they can string two passes together nevermind two decent performances back to back. 

only hope I'm clinging to is that they all feel properly embarrassed that a strong showing against Leeds is on the cards...that plus Gray back in the side. 

They had Gakpo, Nunez and Salah with Jota and Firminho in reserve and were missing Diaz.

We had McNeil, Iwobi and Simms with Maupay and Gray in reserve and were missing Calvert-Lewin and Townsend.

A disappointing performance but not surprising result - Leeds and Villa are games we need to throw everything at - 6 points and things will look a lot less depressing.

Liverpool away, no recognised striker, what could possibly happen did. 
With no outlet we were on back foot all game, pressure causes mistakes and we made them, particularly the experienced players which is the main disappointment.

Far too soon to make any decision on Simms, he was thrown under the bus, he needs to be gradually introduced when theres less pressure on him.

Were 3 points better off from two games we didn’t expect much if anything a couple of weeks ago, we need results from Leeds and Villa games, 9 from 12 will be excellent.

The only two positive to take from this game is that there are

- there is now no illusions of any sort of false dawn going in to the Leeds and Villa games that they are 'must win'. A bit more of a reality check for everybody involved - you are still a poor team and battling is your only way out of it 

- we came away with no red cards and suspensions. However, I think a couple of foots should have going in and taken yellow for the team when Liverpool breaks where on. A couple of professional fouls at the right time yesterday would have gone a long way. We need to get a little nastier when its justified. 

On 14/02/2023 at 00:47, Romey 1878 said:

I apologise from memory I thought he was just a temporary manager when their manger moved on so I didn’t count it. Looked it up now and see he did a full season before being sacked. Points very much stand though 😂 Also who doesn’t get sacked from Watford.

9 hours ago, barryj said:

I apologise from memory I thought he was just a temporary manager when their manger moved on so I didn’t count it. Looked it up now and see he did a full season before being sacked. Points very much stand though 😂 Also who doesn’t get sacked from Watford.

Scary thing is, that's us now! Who doesn't get sacked from Everton (only the board apparently!!)