IGNORED

Manchester City (H) 14th May

MikeO

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Always a long shot but whatever day you want to play them mid-CL semi v Real has to be the best option.

Think we can take a point.

The CL result last night was the best result for us. No doubt their focus and first team will be all on the 2nd leg. 

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

The CL result last night was the best result for us. No doubt their focus and first team will be all on the 2nd leg. 

Also pep didn’t make a sub in the madrid game so fatigue managment will most likely be in place.

Hopefully no KDB or Haaland 

44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fully expect the likes of Phillips and that shit German (?) LB to come in.

Just heard real will be resting players this weekend.   

surely that has to make pep need to prepare for 120 minutes in the one trophy he wants.  I think he will accept whatever result comes from our fixture and know it’s in their hands. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Just heard real will be resting players this weekend.   

surely that has to make pep need to prepare for 120 minutes in the one trophy he wants.  I think he will accept whatever result comes from our fixture and know it’s in their hands. 

He doesn’t need to beat us and risk injuries or tiredness to players he needs for the 2nd leg against Madrid to win the league. If they draw against us they go 2 points above Arsenal with a far superior goal difference and 3 games to play. 

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He doesn’t need to beat us and risk injuries or tiredness to players he needs for the 2nd leg against Madrid to win the league. If they draw against us they go 2 points above Arsenal with a far superior goal difference and 3 games to play. 

He also knows that it will be pure blood and thunder.  Gundogan got booted everywhere last night and goodison will be hot. 

the winner of the semi final wins the champions league. It’s as simple as that.  All he has to do is protect his key players.   I think he would sacrifice the league. 

I feel people are making too much of the champs league game. Man City will get a comfortable, but not easy, win against us. I can see Dyche being naively drawn in by the belief that we can hit a 'fatigued' City fast and hard, but in reality they will just soak up the pressure and catch us out on the counter-attack.

Look at me going on like I know what I'm talking about. Pay no attention.

5 hours ago, Heath said:

I feel people are making too much of the champs league game. Man City will get a comfortable, but not easy, win against us. I can see Dyche being naively drawn in by the belief that we can hit a 'fatigued' City fast and hard, but in reality they will just soak up the pressure and catch us out on the counter-attack.

Man City soaking up pressure?  Having to hit us on the counter attack?

I think the game will be the opposite of that!  We won't have more than 40% possession if we're lucky and I'd expect us to set up like we did against Brighton, keeping narrow and tight where possible and not allowing them any space to stroll through us.  Quick counter attacking in numbers.

It doesn't matter what team City put out they will dominate the game.

I think we can get something out of this game if we play like we did against Brighton though maybe that's a big ask!

On 09/05/2023 at 23:30, MikeO said:

Always a long shot but whatever day you want to play them mid-CL semi v Real has to be the best option.

Think we can take a point.

Exactly this - never going to be a great time to play City.

But at home right on the back of a magnificent BHA result and with City right in between what are probably going to be their two most important, difficult and high pressure games of the season and with City actually having the luxury of a spare game over Arsenal (that they can afford to lose and still win the league)  is probably as good a situation as we could hope for. 

Yes, Cities second string of players are better than our first string, but the are not all 90min match sharp or maybe no all used to playing competitive games together. If Harland and De Bryne rested that be brilliant. 

All of the above improves our chance of a result against arguably the current best team in the world. 

Let’s be honest, half their players have won more leagues than they ever thought they would win, however how many have won the champions league? 

the situation we are in we are looking for any shoots of positivity- of course we are but the fact is their players will know that if they get past Real then they are champions league winners.  They won’t wanna get injured, they won’t wanna be shattered, if they lost to us they would still likely win the league.

we will still probably lose but that’s my hopes. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Jesus Christ, we got a good point at home to City last season when they were going for the title and we only didn't have the opportunity to win that game when we were denied a blatant penalty by VAR.

They are not unfuckingbeatable.

Edit - we lost 1-0 actually, but the rest of what I said is still valid :lol:, but rather than being denied the opportunity to win, we should've been taking 2 points away from them. 

You were using all your energy to be optimistic and will us to safety, I'm not surprised your memory was a bit off :P

2 hours ago, Matt said:

You were using all your energy to be optimistic and will us to safety, I'm not surprised your memory was a bit off :P

I'm not comfortable with me being an optimistic voice. Can you lot sort yourselves out so I can be a miserable bastard again? Thanks.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Jesus Christ, we got a good point at home to City last season when they were going for the title and we only didn't have the opportunity to win that game when we were denied a blatant penalty by VAR.

They are not unfuckingbeatable.

Edit - we lost 1-0 actually, but the rest of what I said is still valid :lol:, but rather than being denied the opportunity to win, we should've been taking 2 points away from them. 

Okay so what we lost 1-0 the difference being we are a better team this time around, definitely a 1-1 or 2-2 and for the optimistic crowd 2-1 or 3-1 too us, and for the pessimistic crowd make your own score up I’m not entertaining a loss. Is that optimistic enough Rom😂

•  

• Everton have the fewest home goals in the Premier League this season (15), and have only once scored more than one at Goodison Park in 2022-23 (3-0 against Crystal Palace in October).

• Manchester City have won their last 10 Premier League games, the fifth time they have had a winning run of 10 or more matches under Pep Guardiola. The only other managers to have had more than one such run in Premier League history are Jurgen Klopp (three), Sir Alex Ferguson (tw), and Arsene Wenger (two).

• Since Sean Dyche's first game in charge in February, Dwight McNeil has been involved in more league goals for Everton than any other player (seven - five goals, two assists).

On 10/05/2023 at 23:33, Heath said:

Two teams sitting back and waiting for a counter could lead to a dull 0-0 draw. I’d take that - but I don’t think it will happen. Their second team players will want to prove themselves. 

5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Agree. this is a free swing. Hoping we can get points from the last two games - draw with wolves and win vs Bournemouth. Don't like thinking we would need something on last day but that's how I see our results playing out. Anything today is a bonus. 

We are not cut out for a last day win.  Need it sorted before then