IGNORED

The shite (Away) 21st October

Cornish Steve

Score apart. Has to go down as a good performance overall. Game spoilt as a contest when young was dismissed in what was not a dirty game in any means. Some poor refing. 

We defended very well and it took a pen to brake the deadlock.  Second goal was simply us throwing man forward in injury time - so the risk you expect the team to have to take.

Lot of heads can be held high today in that defeat. Branthwaithe's value goes up with every performance. Myko, who was looking to be a weak link in the team had a cracking game, hopefully keeps that up.

Lots of positives to come away with, and not a performance whcih should dent confidence. Performance deserved a clean sheet.

Between a rock and a hard place in the sense that we're absolutely dogshit so almost need to park the bus, but by doing so we've got absolutely no chance of winning the game. Once Young was sent off it was curtains, daft cunt should hang his head in shame for being to naive (and generally for being a shit footballer). 

Dyche for all the praise he gets needs to seriously, seriously fuck off with the constant backing of Michael Keane. Back in the team and a colossal fuck up for their penalty, looked like he was calling a bus rather than trying to defend the cross. Looked in real time like it was blasted at his arm but on the replay, like Young it's just naive.

Disappointing to lose as always, onto the next one I guess. Just frustrating how in this fixture (especially at Anfield) it always seems to turn into a ''do not lose'' rather than a ''lets get the three points'' mission.

22 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

He's always given me the impression of someone who's viewed us as a shop window to move to a bigger club

Not that you can blame him - anyone other than an Evertonian would be looking to get out of here sharpish, especially if clubs of the ilk of Liverpool were sniffing. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Not that you can blame him - anyone other than an Evertonian would be looking to get out of here sharpish, especially if clubs of the ilk of Liverpool were sniffing. 

You don’t start laughing and joking with opponents after a derby game. If we won then fine, fool me he’s soft in the head. 

35 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

He's young, and he's a pleasant guy. Wasn't he laughing with the player whom he tackled so brilliantly? I'm not reading anything into this at all. A derby is a derby, but that shouldn't stop individuals from simply being good-natured. There's enough ill-will in the world without letting derby games promote bad attitudes.

I'm not going to blame Young either since he saved a goal and the yellow card was harsh. Neither am I going to blame Keane, who's too often a punch-bag. This was a good team performance, and the players and manager should feel proud. This is a team on the up and up, and any worries about relegation will soon be consigned to the past.

Disappointed to see the loss today. 

It's probably just me (and maybe the early morning start here in the states is leaving me a bit dodgy) but I think the shite has more questions after this. No doubt our defense was quite good throughout but for them not to have a bigger final scoreline, especially after we went down to 10 men late in the 1st half has to have them wondering more about their performance. 

The thing you hear about Young is that he’s an experienced player. Diving in on a yellow like he did is not what I expect from an experienced player. It’s awful play from him as he should know better.

As soon as that happened I pretty much stopped watching. Of course they’re gonna get a penalty at some point, of course they’re gonna have decisions go their way. Cos that’s how it goes, an experienced player would know that.

The result sucks and the manner of the result stinks.

But despite that, we did ok. We’re a team that’s on the way back up; that’s all I can take from this game.

It wasn’t a decisive win on their part - even though they had every kind of help to make it so. A soft pen and a late counter, hardly convincing.

12 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

I’m not gonna jump on the Dyche made mistakes bandwagon

I feel that it was the decisions made on the pitch that had a greater effect on the outcome of the match.

Either way, I think the healthy thing to do is just put this one behind us and move on to the next one.

He did make mistakes though, he shut up shop and let the shite attack us for more than half of the game.

I thought we'd lose anyway but did he play a part in that loss today? You betcha.

Like you said though, the best thing to do is to park it and move on though because a loss was what was coming today anyway.

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He did make mistakes though, he shut up shop and let the shite attack us for more than half of the game.

I thought we'd lose anyway but did he play a part in that loss today? You betcha.

Like you said though, the best thing to do is to park it and move on thought because a loss was what was coming today anyway.

Yeah, literally 60 seconds before the handball, I thought their pressure is too high and we’re not gonna be able to stay this deep and soak this up without conceding. Then of course Keano - reliable is as reliable does!

2 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

Yeah, literally 60 seconds before the handball, I thought their pressure is too high and we’re not gonna be able to stay this deep and soak this up without conceding. Then of course Keano - reliable is as reliable does!

I've defended Keane in the past but there is no defence for his arm being out like that. What the fuck was he thinking?!

Inviting that much pressure for that long was always going to bring about a mistake like that though, it was just a matter of time.

The red card not given is the robbery there. It’s disgusting that you get these decisions from officials. This game is not about the derby it’s like clattenburgh the ref decided this game. We held on for 75 with 10 men if this was 10 bs 10 we draw. The pen is dubious but I call for it as a fan so I accept it.

Klopp  is horrible he’s the one going round hugging our players when he gets beat he’s entirely the opposite. 
and the fist bumps at the end he must have done about 8/9 he’s one horrible bastard. 
if we beat them at goodison I want Dyche to the same. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

Regardless of the refs decision we weren’t good enough too many starters had poor games 

I agree. We battled hard, but it was four or five rather than the whole team. 
Our lack of being able to make a five or ten yard pass was really concerning. 
Onana tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck, and Doucoure came into it a bit on the second half. 

Other than that I thought the rest were really poor and it was a case of hang on and see what happens. 

But I would say given the circumstances we didn’t look like the usual gulf in class difference. And there were a few positives to look forward to. 

21 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I agree. We battled hard, but it was four or five rather than the whole team. 
Our lack of being able to make a five or ten yard pass was really concerning. 
Onana tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck, and Doucoure came into it a bit on the second half. 

Other than that I thought the rest were really poor and it was a case of hang on and see what happens. 

But I would say given the circumstances we didn’t look like the usual gulf in class difference. And there were a few positives to look forward to. 

I could be wrong but I don’t remember Alison having to make a save his easiest games are agains us especially at Anfield 

Just now, patto said:

I could be wrong but I don’t remember Alison having to make a save his easiest games are agains us especially at Anfield 

Agree. We tough at the back, but not solid. 
Lacklustre in midfield. 
Non existent up front.

But when we had 11 I still thought Harrison and McNeil could be dangerous.