Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I am not his greatest fan but there is no need to demonise him is there?  Just what has he done wrong that anyone else would not have done in the same situation?

OK I get that you will not miss him or his skills or his goals or whatever, but vitriolic abuse is not necessary he was on the terraces long before he was on the pitch, and that makes him one of us.

Exactly this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rubecula said:

Just what has he done wrong that anyone else would not have done in the same situation?

I will never leave Everton аt my own will. He did it at 18 fucking years and 50 games in hand for his beloved club. And now he did it again after one season. I don't mind, he's doing what is good for him, and I'm OK with that, but all the claims how big fan of Everton he is, is just too much for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Haiku said:

I will never leave Everton аt my own will. He did it at 18 fucking years and 50 games in hand for his beloved club. 

Looking at the likes of Leeds, Portsmouth, Sunderland and now Villa - I’m glad he did. We were desperate for the money when Rooney was sold - thank god we had a manager, in Moyes, who worked so well with such a small budget for so long. Things could have been very different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I will never leave Everton аt my own will. He did it at 18 fucking years and 50 games in hand for his beloved club. And now he did it again after one season. I don't mind, he's doing what is good for him, and I'm OK with that, but all the claims how big fan of Everton he is, is just too much for me.

no idea what you do for a living, but I am pretty sure if you were offered a lot more money for doing the same job, you would accept it and it would not affect who you support …. or maybe you do not work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't drink Jack Daniels whiskey, but if they offered me an opportunity that my current employer didn't, I'd take the job and keep drinking what I like. There is business and there is personal,  or love and money, sometimes they have to be separate. I'll just wear my Everton gear instead of my Atlanta United gear when DC United come to the ATL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just dont agree with the suggestion that he is furious that he wont be considered a regular next season and that he isnt happy to spend more time on the bench. 

I am sure it is just paper talk that he is so unhappy about with the club for that however if it is true then he can well and truly fuck off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I just dont agree with the suggestion that he is furious that he wont be considered a regular next season and that he isnt happy to spend more time on the bench. 

I am sure it is just paper talk that he is so unhappy about with the club for that however if it is true then he can well and truly fuck off. 

That’s his and the clubs business and business isn’t an emotional commitment but being a supporter or fan is, so him and the club can sort the business out between themselves and he can still be a fan, what ever the result of there negotiations are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd still like to see what he could do in a decent side playing half decent football. He came back into a shit storm which was not his fault. Noticeable that his form dipped second half of the season as like most of our players he struggled to make sense of fat heads non-football. Think it'd be a shame for him to leave on this note myself, he'd still score goals for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'd still like to see what he could do in a decent side playing half decent football. He came back into a shit storm which was not his fault. Noticeable that his form dipped second half of the season as like most of our players he struggled to make sense of fat heads non-football. Think it'd be a shame for him to leave on this note myself, he'd still score goals for us. 

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nogs said:

I'd still like to see what he could do in a decent side playing half decent football. He came back into a shit storm which was not his fault. Noticeable that his form dipped second half of the season as like most of our players he struggled to make sense of fat heads non-football. Think it'd be a shame for him to leave on this note myself, he'd still score goals for us. 

He should have come back a few seasons ago. Imagine him in Martinez's first sesason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nogs said:

I'd still like to see what he could do in a decent side playing half decent football. He came back into a shit storm which was not his fault. Noticeable that his form dipped second half of the season as like most of our players he struggled to make sense of fat heads non-football. Think it'd be a shame for him to leave on this note myself, he'd still score goals for us. 

this is a mirror to my way of thinking too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s his and the clubs business and business isn’t an emotional commitment but being a supporter or fan is, so him and the club can sort the business out between themselves and he can still be a fan, what ever the result of there negotiations are. 

I agree, I wouldnt begrudge him wanting to play football where he can but if this furious comment has come from his camp (it isnt going to be the club) then that would take the piss. He came back to lead this club to "glory" but ultimately he has proven that he isnt good enough at this level any more (in midfield). 

Id still have him up front as the back up option for Cenk as he can still score goals but sadly he doesnt have the mobility to play in a high tempo midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I agree, I wouldnt begrudge him wanting to play football where he can but if this furious comment has come from his camp (it isnt going to be the club) then that would take the piss. He came back to lead this club to "glory" but ultimately he has proven that he isnt good enough at this level any more (in midfield). 

Id still have him up front as the back up option for Cenk as he can still score goals but sadly he doesnt have the mobility to play in a high tempo midfield.

Personally I agree with you that his days in the premiership are over it comes to everyone at sometime, I was more trying to defend that what happens between the club and himself can't take away that he is a born and bred Evertonian and still a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2018 at 13:33, nogs said:

I'd still like to see what he could do in a decent side playing half decent football. He came back into a shit storm which was not his fault. Noticeable that his form dipped second half of the season as like most of our players he struggled to make sense of fat heads non-football. Think it'd be a shame for him to leave on this note myself, he'd still score goals for us. 

We saw that in the previous season playing for Man U and it wasn’t great. There’s a reason they let him come to us on a free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needs to go. We need to bring in more pace in midfield especially if we are about to bring in Carvalho. Imagine a midfiled of Rooney Siggy and Carvalho we would get steam rolled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really have a feeling he's going to struggle in MLS. I think the CSL would've been a better fit, but it's hard to turn down living in the USA over China(I guess).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I really have a feeling he's going to struggle in MLS. I think the CSL would've been a better fit, but it's hard to turn down living in the USA over China(I guess).

Love it tonka completely impartial on the USA China thing 😂, but your right he probably will struggle don't think he will handle the pace and lacks the fitness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Palfy said:

Love it tonka completely impartial on the USA China thing 😂, but your right he probably will struggle don't think he will handle the pace and lacks the fitness.

Definitely! Technically he'll be sound, but MLS is a lot of back and forth with very rough challenges. I'll be pulling for him, but I just hope he doesn't burn out a la Gerrard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Definitely! Technically he'll be sound, but MLS is a lot of back and forth with very rough challenges. I'll be pulling for him, but I just hope he doesn't burn out a la Gerrard.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Don’t understand on what basis anyone can say this. I’m quite happy he’s gone.

The amount of goals he's scored in his career. He's scored 208 in the league and I can't remember many being thanks to his pace. His bext season was when he replaced van nistelrooy and was instructed to stay in the box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The amount of goals he's scored in his career. He's scored 208 in the league and I can't remember many being thanks to his pace. His bext season was when he replaced van nistelrooy and was instructed to stay in the box. 

It's not all about pace.  The legs "going" is more than just pace.... it's sharpness, the ability to do what the brain is telling them to do.

At the money he was on it was daft to keep him.  He spent too much of the games trying to be the main man.  He looks very very old on the pitch - like a 35 year old. 

Pity he never looked after himself - look at Ronaldo still physically competing. Rooney had far more natural talent than Ronaldo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hafnia said:

It's not all about pace.  The legs "going" is more than just pace.... it's sharpness, the ability to do what the brain is telling them to do.

At the money he was on it was daft to keep him.  He spent too much of the games trying to be the main man.  He looks very very old on the pitch - like a 35 year old. 

Pity he never looked after himself - look at Ronaldo still physically competing. Rooney had far more natural talent than Ronaldo. 

He's got one of the fastest football brains in the game to make up for the lack of legs. Get the ball to him in the box and he'll bag more than most, he's a natural goalscorer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He's got one of the fastest football brains in the game to make up for the lack of legs. Get the ball to him in the box and he'll bag more than most, he's a natural goalscorer. 

His football brain is fast.... unfortunately his legs don't listen to the brain as sharply as they used to.  Got caught flat footed so often last season.  If it was all about football brains then Fowler would still be playing. 

He's a spent force.  It's a sad reality. You could see the decline 3 years ago... ale, fags, kebabs... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck lad it wasn't your fault that the club did not use you properly, but managers can be idiots too.  Have a good time in USA and make a lot of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wishing him all the best in DC. 

Hate to say it, but we’ll soon see what marketing is really all about. Once we witness the revenue generated because of his name, we’ll realize just how lacking we are in that department. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Wishing him all the best in DC. 

Hate to say it, but we’ll soon see what marketing is really all about. Once we witness the revenue generated because of his name, we’ll realize just how lacking we are in that department. 

He won't generate much in the USA. He may be well known in the UK, but he's not an icon here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Louis said:

I remember Nike used to invite him to train in Portland so he could get away from the crowds and concentrate on his fitness.

Things have changed a bit since then. I think he’ll do a lot marketing-wise for D.C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a problem for me that he wanted to stay, the fact that he didn't fit into the plans for the future is the reality he has to face up to and get over, but I happy to know he wanted to stay and fight for this club I wish no player left here because they wanted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

You can sense a little disappointment in his comments about Everton, but he's made the right decision.

I thought he was angry, and I’m not sure I can blame him for being so (if that’s the case). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×