IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

19 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Suprised it took him this long really.

Another oh shit Everton won... only because the other team were shit though!

You can only play what's in front of you, and we outplayed for most of the game, making them look,very average. We're definately dealing with a leopard and his spots here. 

22 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Nail on head.

Arsenal were missing xhaka? Like that’s a bad thing? He is absolute shite. And I think it was Pete that has said this that our midfield couldn’t handle Ramsey? Arsenal had ten minutes in the second half. That was it. How about the three or four clear cut chances that should have finished the game. Mooy is a totally different player to gana that’s embarrassing. He is a player that is above average in a piss poor team. I can’t believe people on here that give us no credit to how good we have been it’s obviously the other teams have been so bad?

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

Arsenal were missing xhaka? Like that’s a bad thing? He is absolute shite. And I think it was Pete that has said this that our midfield couldn’t handle Ramsey? Arsenal had ten minutes in the second half. That was it. How about the three or four clear cut chances that should have finished the game. Mooy is a totally different player to gana that’s embarrassing. He is a player that is above average in a piss poor team. I can’t believe people on here that give us no credit to how good we have been it’s obviously the other teams have been so bad?

I think you're ignoring the part I put in bold when quoting Pete.

42 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Be the same ones that didn't notice Arsenal were missing Xhaka and Torreira in midfield, instead having the notoriously limp Ozil and nothing player in Elneny who showed exactly why he doesn't get a game. As soon as he went off and Ramsey on our midfield didn't look as comfortable. Ramsey found space far too easy with Gana not keeping an eye on him. At one point Richarlison noticed the danger and sprinted into the deep central midfield to pip the ball off him with Gana and Gomes oblivious. 

Add to that much like the West Ham game Arsenal only played one player on our right to the benefit of Coleman and Richarlison. Plus they were missing half their defence in Bellerin and Koscielny, the latter meaning the big Greek joke gets a game and I've no idea why their manager picks Lacazette over Aubameyang other than it's easier to spell on the teamsheet. But hey ho we won so we can't look at how poor the opposition was, we were obviously just that great. 

How is it your not a premier league manager yet? But you know so much? 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Be the same ones that didn't notice Arsenal were missing Xhaka and Torreira in midfield, instead having the notoriously limp Ozil and nothing player in Elneny who showed exactly why he doesn't get a game. As soon as he went off and Ramsey on our midfield didn't look as comfortable. Ramsey found space far too easy with Gana not keeping an eye on him. At one point Richarlison noticed the danger and sprinted into the deep central midfield to pip the ball off him with Gana and Gomes oblivious. 

Add to that much like the West Ham game Arsenal only played one player on our right to the benefit of Coleman and Richarlison. Plus they were missing half their defence in Bellerin and Koscielny, the latter meaning the big Greek joke gets a game and I've no idea why their manager picks Lacazette over Aubameyang other than it's easier to spell on the teamsheet. But hey ho we won so we can't look at how poor the opposition was, we were obviously just that great. 

Jeeze Pete that’s a bit OTT you can only play what’s in front of you, I thought we were very good value for our win and performed well as a team, that was my 3rd home game of the season the atmosphere was electric due to the team giving the supporters what they want. 

Any how back to Mooy if we could get him for about 20-25M he could be a good asset I think he would be the type of player that would fit into Silva’s system, but if Gana goes I wonder if Silva will try and convince Dacoure is future is here although he hasn’t had the same impact this season as last. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Suprised it took him this long really.

Another oh shit Everton won... only because the other team were shit though!

We played half their reserves and only managed a 1 nil win and almost let them back in the game (Ramsey effort from Pickford's punch). 

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

You can only play what's in front of you, and we outplayed for most of the game, making them look,very average. We're definately dealing with a leopard and his spots here. 

That's the point, you can only play what's in front of you. Beating Arsenal is great but taking three points off their depleted team compared to beating a full strength team gives a different level of satisfaction. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Xhaka is a great player. Just shows how good media influence is if you think he's shite. 

Exactly one of the points why it wasn't great. They were depleted, and we didn't make it comfortable. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Jeeze Pete that’s a bit OTT you can only play what’s in front of you, I thought we were very good value for our win and performed well as a team, that was my 3rd home game of the season the atmosphere was electric due to the team giving the supporters what they want. 

Any how back to Mooy if we could get him for about 20-25M he could be a good asset I think he would be the type of player that would fit into Silva’s system, but if Gana goes I wonder if Silva will try and convince Dacoure is future is here although he hasn’t had the same impact this season as last. 

Dacoure would be first choice but think Mooy would be a good back up option and a decent enough stop gap until we find the next Dacoure. Plus he's got that mentality that we are gravely missing, a bit of Tim Cahill fight. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

The game is about opinions but mooy is where lower level premier league at best. We have better in McCarthy that doesn’t get a game. I think the old box to box midfielders have gone these days. Probably gerrard was the last one. Midfielders have specific jobs rightly or wrongly. I wouldn’t touch mooy 

Gana isn'tt even that good. Mooy is basically an upgrade in every department from Gana. Silva said the pass from Gana against Cardiff and getting forward is what he wants. Gomes is the sitter collecting the ball from defence and Gana is meant to be the driving force, but Gomes tends to have to do both jobs as Gana hides and crabs. 

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

We got PSG and Man Utd amongst other top clubs looking to sign Gana, and Pete is still trying to convince people that he is the worst player ever to wear the Blue shirt.  My heart bleeds for you Pete, I bet you can't sleep at night.

Man U signed Djemba-Djemba in the past amongst many others. Losing Herrera and Fellaini only to bring in Gana is terrible business. I hope they really do want him as he'd weaken them. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve seen lots of Mooy as an Aussie and he is most similar to Davies. He’d be a handy squad player in the same sense of how chelsea signed drinkwater. He won’t get us top 6 though. Rather develop Davies.

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’m out. I’ve tried to listen to your shit but to say xhaka is a great player is insane. The arsenal fans know he is shite. Mooy is a better player than gana in every department? PSG must have missed out last minute of the deadline on mooy and went for gana? 

Leicester missed out on Gana so bought Kante. Scouts get it wrong more often than not. 

Xhaka is class. I'd say he's the best after David Silva at initiating an attack, great vision with the ability to make the pass. 

This summer is going to be fascinating! From an outgoing perspective what is realistic for Marcel? 

Out of contract: Jags, Baines, Ashley Williams?, Callum Connolly?, Kieran Dowell?, M Hewelt? 

Returning to parent clubs: Gomes, Zouma

Dead wood: Schneiderlin, Pennington, Bolasie, Sandro, Cuco, Niasse, Garbutt, Mirallas, Tarashaj 

Real question marks: Stek, Walcott, Tosun, McCarthy, Besic, Vlasic, J Williams, Beni

If you remove out of contract, returning to parent clubs and dead wood you are left with:

GK:  Pickford, Stek, J Virginia

LB: Digne, A Robinson

CB: Keane, Mina, Holgate

RB: Coleman, Kenny

CM: Gana, Davies, McCarthy, Besic, J Williams, Beni

W: Richarlison, Bernard, Walcott, Lookman, Onyekuru

AM: Siggy, Vlasic, Dowell

ST: DCL, Tosun

11 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

This summer is going to be fascinating! From an outgoing perspective what is realistic for Marcel? 

Out of contract: Jags, Baines, Ashley Williams?, Callum Connolly?, Kieran Dowell?, M Hewelt? 

Dead wood: Schneiderlin, Pennington, Bolasie, Sandro, Cuco, Niasse, Garbutt, Mirallas, Tarashaj 

Real question marks: Stek, Walcott, Tosun, McCarthy, Besic, Vlasic, J Williams, Beni

If you remove out of contract, returning to parent clubs and dead wood you are left with:

LB: Digne, A Robinson

CB: Keane, Mina, Holgate

CM: Gana, Davies, McCarthy, Besic, J Williams, Beni

AM: Siggy, Vlasic, Dowell

Wow that midfield is weak. 

On 13/04/2019 at 02:02, Btay said:

I think Davies is similar to Gomes as well though, good role model for him!

I can't see it myself. Davies seems to be more energetic and press higher up the field, then lay it off and play simple passes. If Davies makes it as half the player of Gomes I'd be happy. 

23 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

LB: Digne, Baines

CB: Keane, Mina, Jagielka

CM: Gana, Davies, McCarthy

AM: Siggy

Fixed it for you. 

my comments in bold

of contract: Jags, Baines, Ashley Williams?, Callum Connolly?, Kieran Dowell?, M Hewelt? 

Jags and baines should be re-signed to 1 year deals, the rest let go, unless we can get dowell signed and sold to a league 1 or championship side.

If possible re-sign both, if not then just focus on Gomes, he is the more important of the 2.

Sell/release get rid of the lot

Sell all except beni and Vlasic (unless they don't want to stay, then get rid)

GK:  Pickford, Virginia

LB: Digne, Baines

CB: Keane, Mina, Jags, Holgate

CM: Gana, Beni, Davies, GOMES

W: Richarlison, Bernard, Lookman, Onyekuru

AM: Siggy, Vlasic

ST: DCL, NEW STRIKER

Thats 22 players, nice size squad and only additions are striker and Gomes.  The amount of money we'd get in sales would more than cover Gomes and strikers purchases and free up wage money.  We'd have 2 quality players at every position and i'm sure there are a few U23 that could be brought up depending no injuries and the like.

Pickford 

wan bissaka    Keane   Zouma.   Digne 

Gomes.    Gana

charly                Gilfi.              Bernard 

Henry 

subs Virginia, Coleman, Mina, lookman,vlasic, DCL, Davies,  Holgate, Robinson and maybe some of the under 23s 

Thats £100 mill spent. Hopefully sell Pennington £3 mill, Galloway £3 mill, Morgan £12 mill, McCarthy £15 mill, dowell £4 mill, Theo £15 mill, Omar £10 mill, Sandro £5 mill, Cenk £15 that’s estimates but should recoup £70 mill or so.  Maybe we sign another striker and midfielder. That’s aswell as jags and Baines going 

Henry as in Onyekuru? So you want to replace DCL with him? Even assuming he could get a work permit why? WHY???? How many games have you seen him play? How good is high link-up play? Can he hold the ball? Is he a good finisher? How about headers, does he win a lot of them? He's scored 12 in a shit league where Tosun managed 20 in his last full season.

GK: Pickford/Virginia 

RB: ???/Kenny/Coleman

RCB: ???/Holgate 

LCB: Zouma/Mina

LB: Digne/???

DM: Gomes/McCarthy 

CM: ??? /Davies/Besic

LW: Bernard/??? 

RW: Richarlison/Walcott

AM: ???/Vlasic 

ST: ???/DCL/Henry 

Keane, Gana, and Sigurdssen just don't fit. £60m. Plus Niasse £15m.

I'd be tempted to keep Bolasie if he's willing to be fourth choice or even Mirallas and cash in on Lookman, as £28m is very generous from what I've seen of him, albeit not that many minutes. 

Musts:

CB, preferably experienced. Johnny Evans would have been ideal. I like the lad at Leeds Jansson but think he's left sided. Ideally we'd get a right footer. 

CM, someone like Mooy or better. Herrera on a free would be a major coup if possible. 

AM, a hard worker similar to Jota. 

Budget pending:

ST, Lukaku anyone? Mitrovic if we go budget. 

RB, someone better than Kenny. Coleman to be moved to third choice.

DM, a proper shield in the mould of Barry or Carsley. Can't think of any off the top of my head. 

LB, cover for Digne.

LW, Lozano if he's as good as people say. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

GK: Pickford/Virginia 

RB: ???/Kenny/Coleman

RCB: ???/Holgate 

LCB: Zouma/Mina

LB: Digne/???

DM: Gomes/McCarthy 

CM: ??? /Davies/Besic

LW: Bernard/??? 

RW: Richarlison/Walcott

AM: ???/Vlasic 

ST: ???/DCL/Henry 

Keane, Gana, and Sigurdssen just don't fit. £60m. Plus Niasse £15m.

I'd be tempted to keep Bolasie if he's willing to be fourth choice or even Mirallas and cash in on Lookman, as £28m is very generous from what I've seen of him, albeit not that many minutes. 

Musts:

CB, preferably experienced. Johnny Evans would have been ideal. I like the lad at Leeds Jansson but think he's left sided. Ideally we'd get a right footer. 

CM, someone like Mooy or better. Herrera on a free would be a major coup if possible. 

AM, a hard worker similar to Jota. 

Budget pending:

ST, Lukaku anyone? Mitrovic if we go budget. 

RB, someone better than Kenny. Coleman to be moved to third choice.

DM, a proper shield in the mould of Barry or Carsley. Can't think of any off the top of my head. 

LB, cover for Digne.

LW, Lozano if he's as good as people say. 

No need to sell Keane imo.

Id get a right back ( trust brands to find another Digne ) Loan Kenny out and keep Coleman as back up. Holgate can be the third rb whilst back up CB which is why he is valuable.

Minimal changes to the squad. Even if we only sign 3 players - make them improve on what we have. We need upgrades on Walcott, CF as mentioned ( although DCL is improving nicely ) and RB. 

Lozano - Neres - Malcom (loan?)

Rafeal Leo seems a brands signing - Augustine at rb Leipzig or even throw money at lacazette who isn’t happy at arsenal and Emery can’t seem to fit him and aubameyang in the same 11.

Gets a bit football manager like talking transfer rumours but there’s plenty out there. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

No need to sell Keane imo.

Id get a right back ( trust brands to find another Digne ) Loan Kenny out and keep Coleman as back up. Holgate can be the third rb whilst back up CB which is why he is valuable.

Minimal changes to the squad. Even if we only sign 3 players - make them improve on what we have. We need upgrades on Walcott, CF as mentioned ( although DCL is improving nicely ) and RB. 

Lozano - Neres - Malcom (loan?)

Rafeal Leo seems a brands signing - Augustine at rb Leipzig or even throw money at lacazette who isn’t happy at arsenal and Emery can’t seem to fit him and aubameyang in the same 11.

Gets a bit football manager like talking transfer rumours but there’s plenty out there. 

I agree about trusting Brands to find a better right back, but just think that the spine of the team needs prioritising to make the team function better as we can make do with Kenny/Coleman for another season. 

For me Keane, Gana and Sigurdssen don't work. Compare them to the players before them and I'd swap them in a heartbeat. Stones/Heitinga, McCarthy/Fellaini/Arteta, and Barkley/Cahill. 

The main issue with the trio is they are all reactors, the first two slowing the football down and Sigurdssen struggling to get into space to recieve the ball. They lack the smarts of the players before them and don't seem to be as bothered by defeat. 

Not to say they're not hard workers but they all lack that bit extra. They all lose 50/50s they shouldn't. Whereas I'm used to Everton players putting their body on the line. We might have got beat but at least the opposition players felt it the next day, they'd earned a win but we'd not gone down without a fight. Whereas the team since Gana come/Barry left is just so weak. Teams have probably had more intensity from their training games at times.