IGNORED

Zaha

Let’s just offer £60 million for Neres. They’ve took £57 million for de light which is scandalous if you look at what McGuire has gone for. Offer that and do different deals for Tosun, McCarthy, and get money back. I’ve never thought he was viable for us. I thought we must be interested but let’s buy a younger player 

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Let’s just offer £60 million for Neres. They’ve took £57 million for de light which is scandalous if you look at what McGuire has gone for. Offer that and do different deals for Tosun, McCarthy, and get money back. I’ve never thought he was viable for us. I thought we must be interested but let’s buy a younger player 

This assumes Neres wants to come.

4 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Well there’s probably a lot reasons why he would. Mates with charly got Bernie there just bought a wonder kid centre forward. Got Gomes and big JPG to smash people behind him. Plus loads of money and marcel to hug him 

Gonna play with good players for a ton of money anywhere he goes so I don’t think that’s particularly relevant. Our main problem attracting players is our lack of European football and the perception that we are not an elite club. No reason to believe these issues wouldn’t be factors for Neres or any other high profile signing. 

12 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Gonna play with good players for a ton of money anywhere he goes so I don’t think that’s particularly relevant. Our main problem attracting players is our lack of European football and the perception that we are not an elite club. No reason to believe these issues wouldn’t be factors for Neres or any other high profile signing. 

So you think he could sign or not? 😂

Is there actually anything to this, or just a made up media story?

Price is ridiculous, completely against the trend of a Brands purchase.  Not the, left footed, right winger that Silva was after.

He is (apparently) already on 130k a week, any increase would blow our wage structure further off track.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

14 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Is there actually anything to this, or just a made up media story?

Price is ridiculous, completely against the trend of a Brands purchase.  Not the, left footed, right winger that Silva was after.

He is (apparently) already on 130k a week, any increase would blow our wage structure further off track.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah I agree, I was impressed by the seasons finish.  Digne and Bernard played a big part in that so I hope they keep Bernard in, if we need cover Richarlison can switch Wings and bring in Walcott, I know Walcott is not everybody's choice but its only in an emergency.

This gives Brands Time to bring in one of his up and coming finds that would be cheaper, other than that I would go for that Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth, 7 goals and 14 assists last season and probably half the price.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah I agree, I was impressed by the seasons finish.  Digne and Bernard played a big part in that so I hope they keep Bernard in, if we need cover Richarlison can switch Wings and bring in Walcott, I know Walcott is not everybody's choice but its only in an emergency.

This gives Brands Time to bring in one of his up and coming finds that would be cheaper, other than that I would go for that Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth, 7 goals and 14 assists last season and probably half the price.

Had a great season last year but I feel it might of been a flash in a pan. He's out of contract next summer anyway, most clubs will be waiting to see if he can replicate his form then get him on a free.

No idea which way this is gonna go. There's too much noise around it to be a flash in the pan rumour, like we hear all pre season.

I thought last week that Palace would play hard ball until deadline day, then concede. Tell fans the offer was to good to turn down. Like Everton of the old days when we were skint. They can't be too well off if they want to pay for McCarthy in instalments, and he's cheap, but want the Zaha money upfront, and they wanted the money up front off United for Wan-Bisaka.

Then the word is that Zaha is keen to come. I always have this view that if players want to go, show your intent and hand in an official transfer request and maintain professionalism and respect.

The fees crazy. But that's the Premier League now. Fees have been going up year on year for....many years! No one should be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m blown away that he even wants to come here tbh. We must be willing to pay him a shitload in wages. 

We might be getting lead astray and another club is in for him!

BUT...I think with the stadium plans and the signings we have made, the set up of the club etc...we're becoming more attractive to players.