IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I can see this being another year where nobody actually comes in for him. The two French teams (often cited as candidates) are over-loaded with amazing young striking talent of their own these days, which leaves only Chelsea who can pay a 60-70 million fee, and I can't help thinking that if Conte wanted him, he'd have come after him by now, especially given how Chelsea's rivals have started getting their business done already. Plus I'm not sure Lukaku is the kind of big fan-pleasing striker signing Abramovich favours, I can see him pushing for someone like Morata or Icardi (Conte rumoured to be a fan) or one of those young French kids, Mbappe or Dembele.

Long story short, I'm expecting a new contract signed in late August and declarations of love for Everton and the fans.

I'm pretty sure that during a recent interview, he said he won't/doesn't want to be at Everton next season.

It's the whole thing with Lukaku, not just a single comment. It's a build up of many things all coming together to create resentment from a growing number of fans.

Ye didn't he say something like... there's no chance he'll be here next season.

Personally, I think he's getting a raw deal in our comments. He's not said he doesn't want to be at Everton; he's said he wants to play at the CL league level. That's different, and I don't blame him. Very recently, he and other players have dropped hints about his possible future elsewhere, but why ever not? The media are following them like shadows, constantly pushing for comments, and players get excited about the possibility to play for a CL team. I don't blame Rom for that either. I can think of several players who really have turned on their team, making very inappropriate comments, but Rom is not one of them. Do we complain when our targets drop a small hint that they're hoping to join? Of course not.

Same way I see it, only worded better.

I'm pretty sure the only thing he's ever said is that he won't sign a new contract.

“My business attorney is now talking to a club. I know where I want to go. I just stay patient. I know that appointments have been made. I’m just waiting for a call.

I'm honestly shaking my head at some of the comments... some people need to seriously ask themselves a few questions.

"Errrr he hasn't exactly said he wants to leave.... he said he wants to be at a champions league club and im sure if he doesnt get the move he's wanted and has gone on about for the past 4 years he may actually sign the £125k a week contract offer that he never had any intention of signing"

We've already had fans applauding him in sheer desperation of trying to make him stay after he pathetically questioned the club's ambition... just weeks after he was offered a £30m 5 year deal.... after we had signed Schneiderlin, after we had announced the bramley Moore site.

The same people will be hoping to get the "it's not you - it's me" bullshit when he sprints out of goodison.

Ffs- get a grip... the lazy, elephant footed lump couldn't give a shit when we played Liverpool- what exactly are you hoping for? That he stays for just another year to score a shed load of goals against cannon fodder whilst throwing his arms all over the show when he doesnt get chances put on a plate for him.

Edited by Hafnia

I'm honestly shaking my head at some of the comments... some people need to seriously ask themselves a few questions.

"Errrr he hasn't exactly said he wants to leave.... he said he wants to be at a champions league club and im sure if he doesnt get the move he's wanted and has gone on about for the past 4 years he may actually sign the £125k a week contract offer that he never had any intention of signing"

We've already had fans applauding him in sheer desperation of trying to make him stay after he pathetically questioned the club's ambition... just weeks after he was offered a £30m 5 year deal.... after we had signed Schneiderlin, after we had announced the bramley Moore site.

The same people will be hoping to get the "it's not you - it's me" bullshit when he sprints out of goodison.

Ffs- get a grip... the lazy, elephant footed lump couldn't give a shit when we played Liverpool- what exactly are you hoping for? That he stays for just another year to score a shed load of goals against cannon fodder whilst throwing his arms all over the show when he doesnt get chances put on a plate for him.

Is it possible that Conte has no place for Costa but has one for Rom?

I find that odd in itself.

I think he said he didn't think it was possible, or he didn't think it was an option.

Ye that's the one. I honk it was it wasn't an option.

Something like that anyway.

Err honk if I'm right.. two honks if I'm wrong! Edited by Shukes

Talking to a Chelsea season ticket holder this morning(i live down south surrounded by chelsea and arsenal fans) and apparently some of these arguments between Conte and the board are not just because of the texts to Costa but also because the club are not prepared to pay the asking price for Lukaku(Conte really wants Rom). They have a new person negotiating their transfers and she is not prepared to pay stupid fees for players anymore, they want more value for money signings. Not really sure where else he would go, hopefully a comprimise can be agreed.

I think the worst outcome would be for Lukaku to stay. We have all seen the games where he can't be arsed and I think the number of such games will increase significantly if he doesn't get his move. I would accept 60m to let him go.

Edited by johnh

People forget before Chelsea's 3-0 start to the season there was a lot of talk about Conte not being happy with the transfer they brought in.... and having to settle for lesser targets.... the obvious one was getting Mitchy instead of Rom...

I don't have a clue who would replace him when/if he goes.

We have to take a huge risk on signing relatively unknown up and coming players who will be happy with the lack of CL football.

We need to unearth a gem.

It pains me to say it but sometimes I genuinely think Rooney is the best replacement for him.

We have to take a huge risk on signing relatively unknown up and coming players who will be happy with the lack of CL football.

It pains me to say it but sometimes I genuinely think Rooney is the best replacement for him.

I know where your coming from, we seem to be fucked if he goes, but I'm now of the opinion we will be more fucked if he stays, we can't have players around the club that are more interested in a move than staying, and that goes for Ross as well,let's not wait for them to make the move when it suits them, we should publicly let them know that they are not required, and any offers will be seriously considered.

And I would rather have Rooney here than them, because I know he would want to be here and give everything he's got week in week out, and that's all you can ask of your players, and we haven't been getting that from them and definitely won't be next season if there here.

So fuck em.

I don't think we're going to replace him like for like. I think Koeman knows a 20-30 goal a season striker is above us. Not because of funds but because they simply wont come here as they'll have more attractive offers. I think he's looking to replace his goals by adding them all over the pich, especially from midfield. He loses 25 goal Lukaku replaces him with a 2 15 a season strikers and a mindfielder or two who will be getting double figures.

That way his goals are absorbed but we add more goals also with it. Ii think that's how he's planning on doing it.