IGNORED

John Stones

Stones is very good. In fact he's excellent. But I don't think he's as good as Ferdinand was.

But Sol Campbell (admittedly a bit more of a late bloomer than Ferdinand) was probably the best centre half England has seen in the last 30-40 years. Bobby Moore before him.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Even though the likes of Campbell and Ferdinand were in my time (when both were in their prime) I would have loved to watch them now where I'm a bit older to analyse how good they actually were. Kompany is the best in the Prem now, absolute animal. Stones is a class act and I really hope he stays here for a long time.

Edited by Geth

Stones is very good. In fact he's excellent. But I don't think he's as good as Ferdinand was.

But Sol Campbell (admittedly a bit more of a late bloomer than Ferdinand) was probably the best centre half England has seen in the last 30-40 years. Bobby Moore before him.

Tony Adams for me then Des Walker if we're going that far back.

Tony Adams for me then Des Walker if we're going that far back.

Both excellent centre halfs but Campbell & Ferdinand both better. Campbell was just a colossus, he was very rarely beaten 1 on 1 and that's not said lightly he really wasn't, Ferdinand was just awesome on the ball, he had pace and his positioning was second to none. He was probably the first English centre half to have European composure with the ball.

What's really exciting is that both Garbutt and Browning had great debuts, and Galloway is waiting in the wings. Over the next decade, we could have a phenomenal mostly home-grown defence.

It's quite a shame that this has become a positive... Playing in the English it is hugely disappointing the lack of English (even UK) youngsters getting brought through. I'm Australia I hold no ties to any of those national teams and couldn't care less how well they do (respectfully) but I so like that we seem to recruit these younger players and at least give them a crack!

Surely there would be too much swelling to tell if it was bad or not?

Hopefully this is just to give him some rest during the international break

Wasn't it you that said we couldn't possibly have a worse run of injuries than we did last season this season? If so, you need a slap :shaking fist: :P .

Its almost as if someone ids systematically picking off all of our key players

It's been ridiculous hasn't it? It's not like it's been the likes of Osman who can easily be replaced, it's key components of how we play who are irreplaceable.

Hopefully it means we've got our major injuries out the way early but with our luck we'll just keep picking these injuries up throughout the season.

Barkley starts season as our big hope. Injured.

Mirallas gets up on form. Injured.

Stones consistent and brilliant. Injured.

The only positive I can take from that is hopefully they all come back stronger and we can really crack on after Christmas. I don't want to write the season off yet but seriously I would absolutely love it if we could win the Europa League. I wouldn't care if we finished 10th! Edited by MiguelCotto

The only positive I can take from that is hopefully they all come back stronger and we can really crack on after Christmas. I don't want to write the season off yet but seriously I would absolutely love it if we could win the Europa League. I wouldn't care if we finished 10th!

Hate to admit it but you're talking sense MC; winning the Europa would more than make up for the shortfall in league prize-money and put us at the top table in Europe next year. Be annoying on a game to game basis to struggle in the league but I'd happily take that scenario come the end of the season..

Hate to admit it but you're talking sense MC; winning the Europa would more than make up for the shortfall in league prize-money and put us at the top table in Europe next year. Be annoying on a game to game basis to struggle in the league but I'd happily take that scenario come the end of the season..

Same here I've been saying the same thing. Europa cup and no relegation is all I want