IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Connolly 😛 

I take it he’s LB and Kenny RB? Or vice versa?

Looks more like left midfield. He played well along with Kenny.

Dowell played a bit like Barkley. Very safe.

Hornby didn’t have much of a game. When he did have chance.... he looked wasteful.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Looks more like left midfield. He played well along with Kenny.

Dowell played a bit like Barkley. Very safe.

Hornby didn’t have much of a game. When he did have chance.... he looked wasteful.

I had a feeling he might’ve been midfield because I vaguely recall something about him being switched to midfield during his loan move last season. 

Hornby just looks like a bit of a lump to me. 

29 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

10th richest club in the league for 2016-17 in terms of revenue, below Southampton, West Ham, and Leicester. Note the gap between us and Spurs

thank you, very informative.  some notes:  leicester will drop as they have 70m in CL wages there (all things being equal we'd go above them), soton makes 8m more than us on gate reciepts/match day even though their stadium is 7k less seats (wtf??), tiny tiny bournemouth is one spot behind us.

our biggest failings are the sponsorship, 26m which is level with West Ham a tinpot club.  

19 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I had a feeling he might’ve been midfield because I vaguely recall something about him being switched to midfield during his loan move last season. 

Hornby just looks like a bit of a lump to me. 

Thought Callum Connolly was a centreback?  Looks like his last handful of games at Ipswitch on loan he played on the right side of a DM pairing.  Is that where he was for the u21 game?  If so, that would mean that the u21 coach values Connolly in the midfield over Davies.  Odd.

Beyond CB, he has also played fullback in the past.  Wonder where he will end up in regards to position?

Yes he played on the right side of midfield. He looked one of our better players out there. Hibbert was his usual self, hard working. And good defensively. But offered nothing going forward.

Hornby is big and strong.... but had a game to forget.

Dowell had a good effort early on, but played it safe for the rest of the game. Did the occasional decent through ball, but not enough.

Connelly was involved in most good things for England and went close before scoring. Seems more energetic than the rest.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Yes he played on the right side of midfield. He looked one of our better players out there. Hibbert was his usual self, hard working. And good defensively. But offered nothing going forward.

Hornby is big and strong.... but had a game to forget.

Dowell had a good effort early on, but played it safe for the rest of the game. Did the occasional decent through ball, but not enough.

Connelly was involved in most good things for England and went close before scoring. Seems more energetic than the rest.

Hibbert!? Im not sure he would make the U21s any more! 😁

17 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Thought Callum Connolly was a centreback?  Looks like his last handful of games at Ipswitch on loan he played on the right side of a DM pairing.  Is that where he was for the u21 game?  If so, that would mean that the u21 coach values Connolly in the midfield over Davies.  Odd.

Beyond CB, he has also played fullback in the past.  Wonder where he will end up in regards to position?

I don't think I've ever heard of him as a CB, only as RB or LB and now in midfield from Shukes.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

If he becomes nothing more than a modern day Hibbert then he will be a great success for the academy. 

I disagree. It's an embarrassment  that Hibbert had so many top-flight appearances.

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-coach-duncan-ferguson-italian-14762174

Some will find this a lovely tale, but to me it just shows how unprofessional he was and why I see him as a bit of a knob head that I really would love to not have associated with us.

I imagine there is not one member on this forum who hasn't lost their rag and wanted to punch someone's lights out.  Duncan is just an ordinary down to earth bloke who took no shit, he didn't have to think twice, he just did it.  He was loved him because of that attitude.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I imagine there is not one member on this forum who hasn't lost their rag and wanted to punch someone's lights out.  Duncan is just an ordinary down to earth bloke who took no shit, he didn't have to think twice, he just did it.  He was loved him because of that attitude.

Yeah, losing your rag with your coach because they wanted him to look after himself better when he was injured (as usual) is totally reasonable. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-coach-duncan-ferguson-italian-14762174

Some will find this a lovely tale, but to me it just shows how unprofessional he was and why I see him as a bit of a knob head that I really would love to not have associated with us.

hell of a strikers coach romey, should be up there for assistant manager of the year in the league.  really turning those strikers around.

/sarcasm

I met him at an away match and he was a great bloke. People will always want to bring him down, but meeting him face to face showed me there is another side to him.

just like his talent, some say he was just an average player. But those who saw him play know that he never fulfilled his potential due to his temperament and injury’s. On his day he was simply unplayable.

I have a lot of respect for Bobby Robson, and he rated him among the best.

He just didn’t have the temperament to take it to the next level.

Exactly Newts. Our fans are becoming media snobs. We won’t wven settle for players from the top four teams in the premier league unless they are regulars..... in which case they wouldn’t be selling them.

The new guys want to assess everything and everyone properly, like should have been done with previous managers.....and we think it’s a bad thing?

14 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

And so it starts.

About a week after we appoint a new DoF and Manager..."not much is happening".

What the fuck do people want?!!! Jesus.

This is the problem - people are hooked on social media and need to know something new every day.

I really hope that just because player 'x' hasn't yet left, or player 'y' hasn't yet signed, that fans don't start to groan. Or they are in the vast minority.

New DoF. New Manager. 9 days into new jobs. Season finished - players rightfully having a holiday.

Unreal.

Just ignore everything Rubes says :P